Sign in to follow this  
mat gore

NCFC's board should get slaughtered at the AGM

This club is a shambles and everyone could see it coming except them.

I supported Worthington into last season as I felt he deserved the chance to take us back up.  After the stoke game it was obvious something was badly wrong and I felt he  had to go.  The 5 games in december covered the cracks but after the ipswich defeat in Feb there was no doubt that Worthington was beyond saving.  That was obvious to ***everyone***.

To keep him into the new season and only get 1 new face in while selling mckenzie and green was criminal.

It was obvious that there was no competition for places, no cover for injuries and none of last seasons deficienceis (well maybe 1) had been addressed.

To now head into the transfer window sinking like a stone and seemingly heading for division 1 and spent precisely bu**er all is unbelievable.  The combined fees for chadwick and brown are less than the up front for mckenzie a medicore striker.

I know money doesn''t grow on trees but virtually every team in this division is outspending us except maybe colchester and southend.  For god sakes Hull just signed Prutton.  He may not be Pele but we can only dream of a midfielder of his "quality".  If Shef Utd want whereareyou then let them have him and if theyll pay us so much the better.

We have a gutless, spineless team lacking in confidence as well as basic ability. 

IF we don''t get a decent keeper, a decent centre-back, a central midfielder who can tackle and bothers to play for more than 1 game every 20 and probably another stiker we will most likely go down as at present we are by far the worst side in this division.

I''d be trying to get Camp, Leon Knight (and yes I know his character but he''d be virtually free  and perfect cover for earnshaw), Mark Jones, Darrell Russell and any premiership defender on loan.

I''d most like tyo hear the board say that should we go down then the players will be coming with us.

Etuhu, Doherty, Drury etc etc may fancy themselves as premiership players but we''re heading for div.1.  I imiagine they all think that we might be but they won''t be a.la francis, bentley etc.  The board telling them otherwise might just get some of them to try and earn their money.

I would agree with most of what you say here... just got a problem with keeping all the crap players for another season! Seriously though, how anyone can keep arguing with this viewpoint is phenomenal. The club is diseased and needs surgery.  

Presumeably some of the posters on here who have lost all patience with our board, will be at the AGM to express their views??

Agree entirely.

Would also like to know why the Board didn''t give Worthy 12 months notice last year when it was patently obvious his tenure was in trouble. This would have run down his rolling contract and he could have been given the option to renegotiate a new contract at the end of the notice period depending on performance. We had a manager who knew he would trouser £600,000 the minute he got sacked and each week he survived was worth another 12 grand to him, talk about the players being in a comfort zone........

Would also like to know if we paid compo to West Ham for Grant and if so why????? Were the NCFC Board the only people in the Country who couldn''t see that at the time the Pardew/Grant partnership was under imminent threat of the sack by the West Ham Board????

Let another lot of hot air. This board has a lot of firestarters, who then run off and expect others to do their duties. Then in a few days time if the AGM passes relativly peacfully as it will,  these same firestarters will come on here and ask why people wern''t saying anything?There is a simple reason. The level of animosity they try and stir up is not felt by the majority to a strong enough degree to effect a protest. If you feel it - you say it. But i know you won''t.This happens continually on here - remember all the people DEMANDING worthy out and saying e veryone else thought it? yet 150 outside the ground. Remember the ''boycott the last game'' plan - yeh cause that workedBoycott the wolves game? again people wont. they''ve paid their money so they''ll still goAt the end of the day this only makes one group of people look stupid - those firestarters who are all mouth and no do  

[quote user="cityangel"]Presumeably some of the posters on here who have lost all patience with our board, will be at the AGM to express their views??[/quote]

If some of them do I better go in disguise [;)] [H]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Presumeably some of the posters on here who have lost all patience with our board, will be at the AGM to express their views??[/quote]

[/quote]

They might just spot your slippers sticking out of Delia''s backside.........[:)]

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

They might just spot your slippers sticking out of Delia''s backside.........[:)]

[/quote]

See..

petty insults like this should be banned from the board.. any decent moderator would never have let this through.. you don''t like it when the slipper is on the other foot..

Did you see Blanch wanted to take a flask to the hospital and wait for news???

If I go to the AGM in my slippers and you take a flask we will know eachother... right??

now... about that sig......................

[quote user="Daveinnorfolk"]

If you feel it - you say it. But i know you won''t.This happens continually on here - remember all the people DEMANDING worthy out and saying e veryone else thought it? yet 150 outside the ground.

[/quote]

worked though didnt it? there might only of been 12 of us after the Stoke game.. but how many were in the ground making their feelings known.

there were never 20,000 outside the ground when chase was here.. i suppose the Majority supported him too?

jas :)

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

See..

petty insults like this should be banned from the board.. any decent moderator would never have let this through.. you don''t like it when the slipper is on the other foot..

Did you see Blanch wanted to take a flask to the hospital and wait for news???

If I go to the AGM in my slippers and you take a flask we will know eachother... right??

now... about that sig......................

[/quote]

What have I said now?...........[:(]

And I thought my anger management classes were working...........

see ya thursday Cluck.. don''t forget to carry the flask [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

And I thought my anger management classes were working...........

see ya thursday Cluck.. don''t forget to carry the flask [;)]

[/quote]

Good on ya Nigel.......I think you''re dead sexy really..........[B]

Absolutely angel.  I will be there.  It will be extremely interesting to hear what the board have to say for themselves.  In November 2005 I had a rather heated conversation with Neil Doomcaster.  I knew, as many thousands of other Norwich fans did, that Worthington had had his day.  Unfortunately it took the board a whole year longer to take the blinkers off realise that we were right.  Although Worthington left us with an inadequate squad, I level a huge amount of blame at the board.  They took action against Worthington far far too late and condemed us to another season of mid table obscurity (if we''re lucky).

Unfortantely however, the board know how to play the media and the fans.  Munby in particular, whenever I have heard him in the past, is an extremely smooth talker and could spin his way out of any situation.  The board will have thought for an acceptable answer to every question a fan will level at the them.  They will also have every justification for sacking Worthington when they did you could ever think of.

I''m sure it will be an interesting meeting

CityAngel, when is the AGM as I would like to attend as a shareholder..? I have moved home and have not informed CR of my change of address for the shares..

Thanks, hopefully see you there..

SI

[quote user="Daveinnorfolk"]Let another lot of hot air. This board has a lot of firestarters, who then run off and expect others to do their duties. Then in a few days time if the AGM passes relativly peacfully as it will,  these same firestarters will come on here and ask why people wern''t saying anything?

There is a simple reason. The level of animosity they try and stir up is not felt by the majority to a strong enough degree to effect a protest.

If you feel it - you say it. But i know you won''t.This happens continually on here - remember all the people DEMANDING worthy out and saying e veryone else thought it? yet 150 outside the ground.

Remember the ''boycott the last game'' plan - yeh cause that worked

Boycott the wolves game? again people wont. they''ve paid their money so they''ll still go

At the end of the day this only makes one group of people look stupid - those firestarters who are all mouth and no do  
[/quote]

Well let’s run this one past you as you only need to dip into the clubs history books to discover that in the past when urgent action has needed to be taken by the supporters we have not been found lacking.

Back in the mid 90’s when the Robert Chase era came to a sorry end the supporters made their feelings very well known indeed and it could be argued were the key catalyst for change that was needed at the time.

A decade later when our board of directors and majority share holders seemed blind to the woeful decline of Nigel Worthington’s management of the team once again the supporters let their views be well known and forced the change.

You see despite what many think there is no fooling proper Norwich City supporters, if you will we have an intuitive sense of what is right and wrong at our club that often the custodians of it seem blind to.  Do actually think that tool Sheepshanks would be tolerated at Carrow Road?  I sincerely doubt it

One only needs to look back to the last game in the Premiership when at 6 – 0 and absolutely humiliated over 4500 continued to support their team like few or indeed no other club could.  On that day I was proud to say I was there and doing my 2 pence worth but what I and an increasing number of supporters will not tolerate is a board of directors who deafen us with their silence as the plight of our club worsens by the week.

So if indeed history repeats itself it is fair to say your words will need a fair bit of washing down as you may be eating them rather sooner than you think

None the less the AGM may well be a quiet old affair as the Chairman has a canny knack of taking questions from people he is already on first name terms with, funny that don’t you think?

[quote user="Daveinnorfolk"]Let another lot of hot air. This board has a lot of firestarters, who then run off and expect others to do their duties. Then in a few days time if the AGM passes relativly peacfully as it will,  these same firestarters will come on here and ask why people wern''t saying anything?

There is a simple reason. The level of animosity they try and stir up is not felt by the majority to a strong enough degree to effect a protest.

Remember the ''boycott the last game'' plan - yeh cause that worked

Boycott the wolves game? again people wont. they''ve paid their money so they''ll still go

At the end of the day this only makes one group of people look stupid - those firestarters who are all mouth and no do  
[/quote]You will look pretty stupid yourself if the Cook succeeds in draggiung this club into the third division.

[quote user="SI"]

CityAngel, when is the AGM as I would like to attend as a shareholder..? I have moved home and have not informed CR of my change of address for the shares..

Thanks, hopefully see you there..

SI

Its Thursday, think its 7.30pm.

[/quote]

munby will give his there little PR speech, and delia will threaten to withdraw if we don''t all sing from the same hym sheet.Delia is like a little girl with a toy, only this is not a toy it''s our football club.i am no longer believing the PR spin that is dished out these days.SPIN SPIN AND MORE SPIN.

As usual, the AGM will pass with little or no incident.

These are well rehearsed operations!

Known supporters and backers of the current regime will be there in force, grouped together and ready to ridicule any dissenting voices.

The Speakers will spin a very positive view of things, "...increased ticket sales...", "....ground expansion...", "....club has manageable debts, we don''t want to go down the road of other clubs..." etc etc.

Lots of "hear hear''s" and regular ripples of applause.

Anyone who expresses a view contrary to the above will be interrupted, lots of people will, very visibly, sigh, shake their heads and make them (the dissenters) feel alone, ostracised and reluctant to add more.

Then the meeting will be wound up, next day reports will talk of its "success" bla bla bla.

Old Shuck, I fear you are corret

It''s like that old (Cold War) joke about someone breaking into the Kremlin and stealing next year''s election results....[;)]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

As usual, the AGM will pass with little or no incident.

These are well rehearsed operations!

Known supporters and backers of the current regime will be there in force, grouped together and ready to ridicule any dissenting voices.

The Speakers will spin a very positive view of things, "...increased ticket sales...", "....ground expansion...", "....club has manageable debts, we don''t want to go down the road of other clubs..." etc etc.

Lots of "hear hear''s" and regular ripples of applause.

Anyone who expresses a view contrary to the above will be interrupted, lots of people will, very visibly, sigh, shake their heads and make them (the dissenters) feel alone, ostracised and reluctant to add more.

Then the meeting will be wound up, next day reports will talk of its "success" bla bla bla.

[/quote]

Perfect description of likely events!

Lots of star struck minor investors not remotely aware that they are totally irrelevent to events.... and all trudging home happily clutching their prized autograph.

It means NOTHING guys......and is just a necessary evil in order to comply with business procedure.....It will be job done...business as usual.

For those going...

The club''s AGM shareholders meeting takes place tonight in the Gunn Club at Carrow Road. Doors open 6.30pm for a 7pm start.

So could someone who went fill us in on

1) The general atmosphere

2) Questions asked and the answers other than the EEN questions which have been part answered

3) How many people attended?

4) Did Barry Skipper get re-elected?

5) How was Delia when challenged

6) Did you leave the meeting feeling more pissed off or more positive?

Thanks