Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

NCISA in Board honesty claims!!!!

Amongst all the claims of dishonesty and lies from posters on this messageboard I find it refreshing that one of the fans pressure groups should offer their support to the honesty of the board of our football club.

Roy Blower, chairman of the Norwich City Independent Supporters'' Association, said the board could expect a grilling from fans at tonight''s meeting.

But he said: “From my point of view we have come through grim times before and when you are in debt like we are you cannot get out of it in a short space of time.

“I suspect at the meeting there will be some people giving the board a hard time, but at least we have an honest board.”

Im speechless !!! Don''t get me started on Mr Blower again.

Honesty - On Monday we got told that we''d hear the result of Earnie''s Tuesday''s scan within 48hrs, on Wednesday we got told the results would be available Thursday. Yet Earnshaw had his operation on Tuesday so that was all a load of bollocks!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Amongst all the claims of dishonesty and lies from posters on this messageboard I find it refreshing that one of the fans pressure groups should offer their support to the honesty of the board of our football club.

Roy Blower, chairman of the Norwich City Independent Supporters'' Association, said the board could expect a grilling from fans at tonight''s meeting.

But he said: “From my point of view we have come through grim times before and when you are in debt like we are you cannot get out of it in a short space of time.

“I suspect at the meeting there will be some people giving the board a hard time, but at least we have an honest board.”

[/quote]

If this is the case then why do they need to play for time in order to construct their stories regarding the questions posed to them by the the EDP/Pink UN journalists earlier today???

They were fairly simple questions that if being answered with the utmost honesty should have been able to of been dealt with there and then on the spot!!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Honesty - On Monday we got told that we''d hear the result of Earnie''s Tuesday''s scan within 48hrs, on Wednesday we got told the results would be available Thursday. Yet Earnshaw had his operation on Tuesday so that was all a load of bollocks!!!

[/quote]

I assume that after the operation was the point at which they could gauge how bad the injury was and how long he may be out. I assume they would then want a comment from those concerned, including the player. But they didn''t hold back the information until after tonight''s AGM so I''m not sure there''s too much of a problem.

They said we''d find out in 48 hours on Tuesday, and they told us two days later. That''s not lying in my book...

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

CA - It was because they got a second opinion on likely recovery time and had to wait for the bruising from the op to go down.

[quote user="shyster"]Your username is pretty apt.[/quote]

Tha''s right.. shoot the messenger! Looks like both our usernames are apt!

I AM BEGINNING TO THINK THAT AT SOME STAGE IN HER YOUNGER DAYS CITY ANGEL WAS SPURNED BY A YOUTHFUL ROY BLOWER.HE SAID "IN MY OPINION" DOES THAT MEAN IT IS AN NCISA POLICY STATEMENT.NO IS THE ANSWER TO THAT,ROY BLOWER IS OFTEN QUOTED IN THE PRESS AS BOTH A CITY AND COUNTY COUNCILLOR,DOES THAT MEAN HE IS QUOTING LABOUR PARTY POLICY,CITY ANGEL IF YOU DRINK PINTS AND WEAR LOOSE FITTINGS JEANS AND COMFORTABLE TRAINERS DOES THAT MEAN YOU HAVE A KD LANG CD COLLECTION AND GO TO JULIAN CLARY PERFORMANCES.ANYWAY CITY ANGEL WHY DO YOU GO TO NCISA FORUMS IF YOU HAVE SUCH A HATRED OF ALL THINGS ORGANISED BY BLOWER AND HIS MERRY MEN.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]funny how the bbc new Ernie was going to be out for the season before the club informed us[/quote]No they didn''t, they recycled an Archant story about Earnie''s scan, took the part about it possibly being bad news and turned it into "Earnie out for the season" before they even knew he was.  It was 50/50 really, wasn''t it... they were either going to be right or wrong with such a prediction... I call it lucky for the BBC.

I fully expect CJF to lay into me on this one but NCISA are not all that reliable.

Those that argue that Roy Blowers view is not that of NCISA may well be correct but when you are asked questions regarding the body that you have been elected to represent you have to make it quite clear that you are not speaking on there behalf. Which in this situation would make it very strange when you consider that the questions were put to him as a representative.

After all don''t you elect someone that you feel has the most in common with your opinion and feelings on a subject? For example was that not why Blair was voted in back in ''97? Because he promissed us all the things we wanted and said he shared the same concerns.

Anyway - after last seasons shambles I would have more confidence in the "WorthyOut" group of campaigners than NCISA, at least they stuck to their guns and did not change stance. After the original meeting I seem to remember that NCISA and Roy Blower sort of retracted their statement when we went through a rather successful patch and then claimed afterwards that they had only backed off a little but still wanted him out.

Sorry but there are a lot of things about this club that do need to change and perhaps some of them are the supposed "fans" groups that are there to represent the fans.

[quote user="my other team is england"]  I AM BEGINNING TO THINK THAT AT SOME STAGE IN HER YOUNGER DAYS CITY ANGEL WAS SPURNED BY A YOUTHFUL ROY BLOWER.HE SAID "IN MY OPINION" DOES THAT MEAN IT IS AN NCISA POLICY STATEMENT.NO IS THE ANSWER TO THAT,
ROY BLOWER IS OFTEN QUOTED IN THE PRESS AS BOTH A CITY AND COUNTY COUNCILLOR,DOES THAT MEAN HE IS QUOTING LABOUR PARTY POLICY,
CITY ANGEL IF YOU DRINK PINTS AND WEAR LOOSE FITTINGS JEANS AND COMFORTABLE TRAINERS DOES THAT MEAN YOU HAVE A KD LANG CD COLLECTION AND GO TO JULIAN CLARY PERFORMANCES.
ANYWAY CITY ANGEL WHY DO YOU GO TO NCISA FORUMS IF YOU HAVE SUCH A HATRED OF ALL THINGS ORGANISED BY BLOWER AND HIS MERRY MEN.
[/quote]

1) Turn your caps off its considered shouting on a message board

2) Youve only been on here a short time so how do you know what forums I go to or don''t go to

3) The forums I go to are to hear what the board and players have to say, not to listen to Mr Blower.

P.S. I like his merry men!

ROY BLOWER IS OFTEN QUOTED IN THE PRESS AS BOTH A CITY AND COUNTY COUNCILLOR,DOES THAT MEAN HE IS QUOTING LABOUR PARTY POLICY

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup !   wouldn`t trust any councillor  as far as I could kick him .... Blower  is a typical  blowhard busybody   who wants to be  in charge of something or other , a Mainwaring type  in fact !   maybe the fans should realise  he`s running with the foxes  .... and riding with the hounds  ?   almost certainly he somehow elected himself   to be a mouthpiece  for the fans ,  yet is  covertly in the pocket  of the board .....   

Just food for thought  [;)]

[quote user="chicken"]

I fully expect CJF to lay into me on this one but NCISA are not all that reliable.

Those that argue that Roy Blowers view is not that of NCISA may well be correct but when you are asked questions regarding the body that you have been elected to represent you have to make it quite clear that you are not speaking on there behalf. Which in this situation would make it very strange when you consider that the questions were put to him as a representative.

After all don''t you elect someone that you feel has the most in common with your opinion and feelings on a subject? For example was that not why Blair was voted in back in ''97? Because he promissed us all the things we wanted and said he shared the same concerns.

Anyway - after last seasons shambles I would have more confidence in the "WorthyOut" group of campaigners than NCISA, at least they stuck to their guns and did not change stance. After the original meeting I seem to remember that NCISA and Roy Blower sort of retracted their statement when we went through a rather successful patch and then claimed afterwards that they had only backed off a little but still wanted him out.

Sorry but there are a lot of things about this club that do need to change and perhaps some of them are the supposed "fans" groups that are there to represent the fans.

[/quote]

Totally agree!  They certainly seem to be easily swayed on any matter when they got th echance to chummy up with the board last season.  The meeting was a good idea but never fully followed up on.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]City angel,Are you as cute as your avatar?[/quote]Absolutely, cute as a button, although I think pints may be on the agenda, eh CA? [:D]

[quote user="Fat Barman"][quote user="Snakepit boys"]City angel,

Are you as cute as your avatar?
[/quote]
Absolutely, cute as a button, although I think pints may be on the agenda, eh CA? [:D]
[/quote]

Absolutely lovely Barman [:D]

[quote user="my other team is england"]  I AM BEGINNING TO THINK THAT AT SOME STAGE IN HER YOUNGER DAYS CITY ANGEL WAS SPURNED BY A YOUTHFUL ROY BLOWER.HE SAID "IN MY OPINION" DOES THAT MEAN IT IS AN NCISA POLICY STATEMENT.NO IS THE ANSWER TO THAT,
ROY BLOWER IS OFTEN QUOTED IN THE PRESS AS BOTH A CITY AND COUNTY COUNCILLOR,DOES THAT MEAN HE IS QUOTING LABOUR PARTY POLICY,
CITY ANGEL IF YOU DRINK PINTS AND WEAR LOOSE FITTINGS JEANS AND COMFORTABLE TRAINERS DOES THAT MEAN YOU HAVE A KD LANG CD COLLECTION AND GO TO JULIAN CLARY PERFORMANCES.
ANYWAY CITY ANGEL WHY DO YOU GO TO NCISA FORUMS IF YOU HAVE SUCH A HATRED OF ALL THINGS ORGANISED BY BLOWER AND HIS MERRY MEN.
[/quote]

I can''t answer the first part of this on CA behalf .......However Pizza''s come in square boxes because you can''t make a round box easily or cheaply and the pizza parlour won''t pay.