Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

So Delia & Co are looking for new investors now are they???

I stated on another thread that the only things that would stop me renewing my season ticket were bad health or lack of funds. I''m sorry I need to add another one - If Souness is at the club as a chairman or manager or player, or ballboy, or programme seller......... I think you get the picture.

[quote user="charlies dad"][quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Isn''t this the same City fan that then offered his services and money to Ipswich Town but the bankrupt club down the road also turned him down? Can''t think why...

[/quote]

Something to do with him being a City fan I would imagine!. Please take off those blinkers Smith gave you - or perhaps you have hard fact to back up your suspicious tone!. You cannot continue defending Smith - it is time for change, & to be fair - she knows it. 

[/quote]Actually this is true. I well recall an Ipswich fan sending flowers and champagne to his home to sweeten him up because we made him so unwelcome, he threw his toys out of the pram and threatened to make ipswich the best club in the region with his massive wealth - something no city fan would ever do.  The bloke was a jerk. [/quote]

It''s all completely lost on you isn''t it - don''t worry it is the effect of the brainwashing!. He was pi**ed off, took the p**s & I think we know who the jerk is!.

The problem is that whilst all of you keep replying to Smudger''s idiotic postings (this one has created three pages up to now) then the more he will keep doing it.  Give any performer the stage to perform and he will do.

"I think we know who the jerk is!"

Oh we know, we know FramCan.  Still they say self-knowledge is one of the steps to enlightenment.  

"not the labour of love as it was for our dear deperted (sic) Geoffrey Watling."

Oh dear Cluck.  Remember the massive antagonism and protests that were a feature of his chairmanship and the horrible chanting to the Zigger Zagger tune that used to pour out of the Barclay.  Never mind that he saved the club from extinction he was abused and hounded - maybe that is the fate of people who care and put their own money in.  Sound familiar at all?

[quote user="August 64"]

"I think we know who the jerk is!"

Oh we know, we know FramCan.  Still they say self-knowledge is one of the steps to enlightenment.  

"not the labour of love as it was for our dear deperted (sic) Geoffrey Watling."

Oh dear Cluck.  Remember the massive antagonism and protests that were a feature of his chairmanship and the horrible chanting to the Zigger Zagger tune that used to pour out of the Barclay.  Never mind that he saved the club from extinction he was abused and hounded - maybe that is the fate of people who care and put their own money in.  Sound familiar at all?

[/quote]

If posters can''t remember what happened in the 90''s when Chase was Chairman how do you expect them to remember the 60''s! Smluck was a fan back then so maybe he/she/they can remember the Zigger Zagger chant, I know I do!

Yeah that is right you lot...  go bury your heads in the sand again...

Delia & her shares worth £7million to £8million or Souness with £20million and further funds to offer for team strengthening...

Even with Souness taking the place of Peter Grant the c**p manager that we already have now (not that there is any evidence to suggest that he wishes to get back in to Football management), how can that scenario possibly be any worse than what we already have???

Delia issued that statement last night because she knew that all you fools would lap it up and fall for it hook line and sinker!!!

yes souness might be fine but he was part of a consortium, which probably have a special interest in wolves, local businessmen etc, so I doubt City would be a viable option, also. wolves, I must admit are potentially a much bigger club than us, no what we really need is a footie mad Russian or Sheikh from Dubai who is up for a challenge!   and the chances of that happening.......

[quote user="Smudger"]

Yeah that is right you lot...  go bury your heads in the sand again...

Delia & her shares worth £7million to £8million or Souness with £20million and further funds to offer for team strengthening...

Even with Souness taking the place of Peter Grant the c**p manager that we already have now (not that there is any evidence to suggest that he wishes to get back in to Football management), how can that scenario possibly be any worse than what we already have???

Delia issued that statement last night because she knew that all you fools would lap it up and fall for it hook line and sinker!!!

[/quote]

See that none of you (yet again) have been able to raise a balance arguement to the points above (just more personal jibes at myself and Souness with no facts at all to back any of your theories up)...

But then again did I expect anymore, because you all know well as I do that once again the majority of you are being taken for complete and utter mugs!!!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]yes souness might be fine but he was part of a consortium, which probably have a special interest in wolves, local businessmen etc, so I doubt City would be a viable option, also. wolves, I must admit are potentially a much bigger club than us, no what we really need is a footie mad Russian or Sheikh from Dubai who is up for a challenge!   and the chances of that happening.......[/quote]

Do you have any evidence to support any of this???

I am sure Delia has the contacts to be able to get in touch with Souness and talk to him.  Because of the blinkered nature of City''s fans however she will never do this because she is safe in the knowledge that enough City fans won''t put enough pressure on her to demand that she is out there actively pursuing potential investors....  instead the majority are happy with a well rehearsed line of PR spin (with no intentions of backing that up with action) at the recent AGM.

Smudger, you are everything that is bad about this board - everyone is a fool to you and you cannot say a single good thing about the club.  Your proudest boast is that you do not go to see Norwich, yet call your self a fan/supporter.

You obviously have a very sad life that makes you this bitter, but please don''t feel the need to impose this on everybody else.

[quote user="Dicky"]

Smudger, you are everything that is bad about this board - everyone is a fool to you and you cannot say a single good thing about the club.  Your proudest boast is that you do not go to see Norwich, yet call your self a fan/supporter.

You obviously have a very sad life that makes you this bitter, but please don''t feel the need to impose this on everybody else.

[/quote]

Yet again no response to the actual questions posed...  that is what is wrong with our club... there are far too many people prepared to follow our leader without question while she destroys the club before our very eyes. 

That is why I choose not to attend games... due to the frustration of having to sit amangst people that are prepared to stand by and do absolutely nothing while NCFC saunters on aimlessly in to oblivion!!!

[quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

I 100% agree, and would say the VAST majority of posters here would also agree....honestly his melodramatic moanings are painful, he''s like an old woman. Personally I know it isn''t the best of situations at the moment, but one thing I love about football is it''s UPS AND DOWNS, IT''S WHAT MAKES FOOTBALL EXCITING. I''m looking forward to getting the new signings on the pitch and seeing what they can do. I don''t give a flying dogs hampton wick about everything negative at the club, we''ve NOT been relegated, we''ve got some good new players, Peter Grant actually seems to have an eye for the right kind of signing even if it doesn''t always go NCFC''s way (Matthew Spring). I can only think that Delia Smith blew Smudger out one time or something, his hate campaign towards her is extraordinary. ON THE BALL CITY. 

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

I 100% agree, and would say the VAST majority of posters here would also agree....honestly his melodramatic moanings are painful, he''s like an old woman. Personally I know it isn''t the best of situations at the moment, but one thing I love about football is it''s UPS AND DOWNS, IT''S WHAT MAKES FOOTBALL EXCITING. I''m looking forward to getting the new signings on the pitch and seeing what they can do. I don''t give a flying dogs hampton wick about everything negative at the club, we''ve NOT been relegated, we''ve got some good new players, Peter Grant actually seems to have an eye for the right kind of signing even if it doesn''t always go NCFC''s way (Matthew Spring). I can only think that Delia Smith blew Smudger out one time or something, his hate campaign towards her is extraordinary. ON THE BALL CITY. 

[/quote]

What up''s have there been at the club in the last two years then Alex and furthermore how do you see the club progressing from it''s current slide towards relegation (Barnsley are 5 points off us after today)?  As for looking forward to seeing how the new players get on... do you honestly believe that a goalkeeper on loan and a failing reserve striker from Sunderland Reserves are going to change the clubs fortunes on the pitch?

You live in lala land and must believe in fairies still!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What up''s have there been at the club in the last two years then Alex and furthermore how do you see the club progressing from it''s current slide towards relegation (Barnsley are 5 points off us after today)?  As for looking forward to seeing how the new players get on... do you honestly believe that a goalkeeper on loan and a failing reserve striker from Sunderland Reserves are going to change the clubs fortunes on the pitch?

You live in lala land and must believe in fairies still!!!

[/quote]

If you had actually been to games, you would realise that there have been lots of highs in the last two years - if you are only going to be happy if we are top of the Prem, then I am sorry but you are following (in the loosest possible sense for you) the wrong team.  If you bale out when things are going badly, then you are no friend to the club.  I will renew my season ticket for as long as I can spend 7 hours in a car every other Saturday and overall I will have an enjoyable time following my club.  But then again, I meet up with my mates, but that may be something you miss out on....

Smudger

If you are so determined to oust Delia, then I issue you the following challange.

I challenge you to purchase some shares (with voting rights) and for you to convince the other shareholders that YOUR VIEW (where the club will be relegated this season, that PG should be sacked, and that we should''t have purchased a "failing reserve striker") is more valid than the "official spin".

If you, as a shareholder, can convince enough other shareholders that your ideas and SOLUTIONS are better than what is being proposed, then with enough support, you will be able to call for a vote of no confidence in the board.

I will publicly say now that I am a shareholder (with voting rights) and I have yet to be convinced by a single argument of yours. If you can show me some real SOLUTIONS and offer me better ideas than the current board, then i would give you my support, but until then, you don''t have my vote.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What up''s have there been at the club in the last two years then Alex. You live in lala land and must believe in fairies still!!!

[/quote]

You''re not wrong about me believing in fairies still, we''ve got one on this board by the name of Smudger. As for the ''Up''s in the last 2 years''? Not alot, BUT if you READ my post I clearly say that ''one thing I love about football is it''s UP''S AND DOWNS'', which does not neccessarily mean on a week to week basis you fool!!!. Bad YEARS AND Good YEARS...I believe I wouldn''t have quite the same passion for my home city club if every year we won the Premier league, F.A.Cup etc....Believe me it would get VERY sterile.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Well they ain''t looking very hard when Souness has £20 million plus to spend are they?

We should be beating down his door with a $. hitty stick begging for him to put a bid in for a majority shareholding here!!!

Sorry but I don''t believe that the board are welcoming offers from potential investors for one moment!!!

[/quote]

I''m just curious.  How do you know that:

Soueness is interested in Norwich?

Delia has not been in touch with Soueness?

Delia is not actively seeking a buyer/new investor in the club?

You don''t strike me as someone who is in personal contact with her or indeed, any of the club''s inner circle so what is your source?

I don''t know either way because all the information I have comes from the press and I''ve seen nothing.  On the other hand, I am sufficently experienced in the ways of the world and of business to know that much goes on in secret and is only revealed if the parties want it to be.   just because it isn''t public doesn''t mean it isn''t happening.  on the other hand, it might not be happening.

Truth is we don''t know any more than we know when Blair will retire or whether the US will pull out of Iraq.  Your mouthfoaming antipathy to Delia seems to disable your natural common sense.

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Alex"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What up''s have there been at the club in the last two years then Alex. You live in lala land and must believe in fairies still!!!

[/quote]

You''re not wrong about me believing in fairies still, we''ve got one on this board by the name of Smudger. As for the ''Up''s in the last 2 years''? Not alot, BUT if you READ my post I clearly say that ''one thing I love about football is it''s UP''S AND DOWNS'', which does not neccessarily mean on a week to week basis you fool!!!. Bad YEARS AND Good YEARS...I believe I wouldn''t have quite the same passion for my home city club if every year we won the Premier league, F.A.Cup etc....Believe me it would get VERY sterile.

[/quote]

Surely not as sterile as year after yaer of mid-table Championship mediocrity and soon to be yaer after year of Div 1 mediocrity if Delia remains at the helm???

"So Delia & Co are looking for new investors now are they???"

Nope. Unless they want to sell very badly which is not the impression I get they won''t be doing any "looking". You shouldn''t have to persuade someone to invest into your company etc.

What I don''t understand is the huge contradiction you have made in that you are often backing people who suggest we should have someone else in now who has more of a sporting background or more buisiness sence then suggesting that they should be looking for any "Tom, Dick or Harry".

My opinion is that whilst you have, and possibly for good reason, suggestions as to why certain board members should be replaced (not that it is that easy), you don''t have any answers or reasonable ideas in which to suggest that could take this club forward. A bit like the Iraq situation in that the plan of attack was thought out but the period following straight on from the more open style warfare was not.