Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

So Delia & Co are looking for new investors now are they???

Well they ain''t looking very hard when Souness has £20 million plus to spend are they?

We should be beating down his door with a $. hitty stick begging for him to put a bid in for a majority shareholding here!!!

Sorry but I don''t believe that the board are welcoming offers from potential investors for one moment!!!

Well there''s a surprise SMidger.

You not believing what Delia clearly stated last night. Reading the Pink''un article their position seems abundantly clear and reasonable to me. Then again it could all be spin, half truths and distortion... Let me guess what you believe

And after he''s bought out Delia how much change from £20m will he have to invest in the team? And if there isn''t any further cash what advantage will it be in having his board over hers?

Sorry the arrogance of this post enrages me!

Its so easy for people to take cheap shots at the board when things are going badly but it is unfair. Delia has given an enromous amount to this club and is an honest and good woman. The way smudger speaks of her is disgraceful. Am willing to bet most serial moaners on this would never give the same were they wealthy- though doubtless they will place false hearts on sleeves and vehemently claim otherwise now.

Yes NCFC is in a rut- yes we need new players- yes mistakes have been made.

But the solution is to support not begin character assasinations and hate campagins against people who do not deserve it. You should be ashamed

rant over!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Well they ain''t looking very hard when Souness has £20 million plus to spend are they?

We should be beating down his door with a $. hitty stick begging for him to put a bid in for a majority shareholding here!!!

Sorry but I don''t believe that the board are welcoming offers from potential investors for one moment!!!

[/quote]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Post something else rather then continued abuse at Delia. She clearly cant win in your eyes.

What would be the advantage of Souness in charge? Why dont you give us all some constructive reasons and maybe we''ll take you more serious.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]You''re a bloody idiot.  Go dribble in a corner.Have you got ANY idea how buying a business works?  When someone makes a £20million offer for the club that includes the costs of the shares they''re buying, that does mean he gets the club for free and the £20 million just appears in the bank accounts.I''m absolutely disgusted by the treatement of Delia and MWJ on this board, there have been accusations of theft, of self-promotion and other things that I vaguely remember but can''t be bothered finding quotes for when I get bitched at.  I just cannot believe that "fans" of this club seriously believe that the board are doing anything other than whatthey think is best for the club.The truth will now be shown, that nobody else seriously wants Norwich, nobody wants to put a serious bid in.I just can''t believe this has happened here, I know things are bad, I agree many mistakes have been made, even by the board, but this is just completely insane.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Delia laid it on the line  , whats wrong with you ?    didn`t she just explain the realities,   so that even you should be able to understand ?   potential buyers are ONLY interested in the prem !   not a struggling champ side .....    

IF there WAS a buyer   interested   , you can be damn sure he would let the press  know  ! maybe even before approaching the club .

As to the  silly  carping about  "oooh  she doesn`t  run out on the pitch any more ..... we don`t see her "    no wonder she looked puzzled !    is she looking at morons  , she must be thinking , they castigate her when she DOES  appear , and castigate her when she doesn`t !

gimme strength   [8-)]

Yes smudger just because Souness wants to invest in Wolves doesnt mean that he wants to invest in us, otherwise he probably would have made an approach. and the fact that wolves have stuttered over the Souness approach already shows that they are not sure about it, Souness was a joke manager and will be a joke of a chairman.Get a life smudger and stop witch hunting everything thats said.

[quote user="ob1"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]don''t be stupid souness? i''d rather have worthington back.
[/quote]

Here, here...

[/quote]

Why do you people sem to think that Souness would make a bad chairman or majority shareholder... just because he was a poor manager???

Saying that is like saying that you or me would be a c**p doctor because we are not very good at art...

Souness offered £20 million for Wolves with considerable money to invest in the squad on top of that.  How much do Delia & MWJ''s require for their shares?  I am sure that Souness''s £20 million would more than cover the cost of buying them out with plenty of money to invest in the playing squad on top of that...

How could this be any worse than the way things currently are???

Yet more PR spin from those currently in control at Carrow Road...  they are happy to sell but not actively seeking a buyer...  

This particular line is dreadful and typical of the political c**p that has been issued by this board and digested by our gullible supporters on a regular basis over the last few years....  “If people want to come along and offer Michael and me a large amount of money for our shares what is that going to do? That is going to give us a lot of money but it is not going to help the football club.

“The only way we would relinquish our shares is if somebody is going to put money into the football. Only if they put money into the squad - not if they buy our shares, we don''t want money. It has to be that there is money for the squad, serious money for the squad.”

Do they honestly think that anybody offering those kind of sums of money are not going to have sufficient funds to give to their choice of manager for team strengthening as well???

Well I have news for them... myself and many others will see through this latest awful  piece of PR spin and demand they pro-actively look for a buyer a bit harder...  issuing statements such as those issued above are not going to fool those of us who can think for ourselves!!!  [:@]

Well said Vicar!

I was feeling I was the only one heartily cheesed off with Smudgers constant carping negativity. Its such a relief to realise that there is someone else who feels the same.

There have been plenty of posts over the last months insisting that there are potential buyers out there who just cant wait to put their money into the club. In business circles Delia''s statement amounts to an open invitation as she has made it absolutely clear that she is prepared to move aside. Lets just see who these mystery benefactors are then should we. You can bet your bottom dollar that whatever happens Smudger wont be happy, in fact he will continue to be the preverbial pain in the neck.

ok. yes, there is souness.

but can you think of many other similar takeovers of championship clubs by people who pump in money?

there are a few, but most clubs are in our position.

you are being short-sighted if you can''t see this.

Personally i think Souness could be good for the club.

It needs fresh impetus and for all his faults, Souness is football through and through. He lives and breaths the game and has a passion for it second to no one.

It would depend on what he could bring into the club finacially obviously but we should not turn our back on it without some thought if he did approach, with Wolves owners now having turned him away.

I saw on Sky Sports News last night that the Souness consortium''s bid for Wolves was ''significantly lower'' than any other bid they had received. Sell our club short to one of the most unpopular men in football? Great idea.

Smudger, you talk such rubbish I am coming to the conclusion that you are an Ipswich fan in disguise coming on here to stir things up

[quote user="blacko"]

Smudger, you talk such rubbish I am coming to the conclusion that you are an Ipswich fan in disguise coming on here to stir things up

[/quote]

Unfortunately I think he is a Norwich fan, which is even more worrying. He is is just one of the three or four posters on here (they know who they are) who are seeking '' big brother'' like celebrity status by posting any nonsense as long as it winds up enough people to generate a thread. They will disappear up their own backsides as soon as (if?) City get a couple of wins.[|-)]

[quote user="blacko"]

[/quote]

How funny! I was thinking exactly the same thing Blacko. I''m not going to apologise for this Victor Meldrew sorry Smudger, some of the things you say about Delia and Michael etc are absolutely DISGRACEFUL, verging on a step away from legal action. You seem to think that the majority of Norwich supporters feel exactly as you do, that in essence, they are stealing from the club, raping it if you will....but that is complete *Swear filter*, some maybe unhappy but none keep posting the repetitive attacks and personal attacks that you do, and none will seriously believe that they are ''helping themselves'' to the club. NO ONE CAN DENY THEY BLEED YELLOW AND GREEN. And have GENUINE passion for the club, extremely nice people. You''re an idiot.  

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

Its so easy for people to take cheap shots at the board when things are going badly but it is unfair. Delia has given an enromous amount to this club and is an honest and good woman. The way smudger speaks of her is disgraceful. Am willing to bet most serial moaners on this would never give the same were they wealthy- though doubtless they will place false hearts on sleeves and vehemently claim otherwise now.

But the solution is to support not begin character assasinations and hate campagins against people who do not deserve it. You should be ashamed

rant over!

[/quote]

Not just satisfied with one "Saviour" then vicar?

What is it with some fans that they can''t just accept that this club is purely a business in 2007....not the labour of love as it was for our dear deperted Geoffrey Watling.

DS and Co bought NCFC to create a PR window....AND make money....both of which on paper they have. It was NOT a "charitable act" done out of love for the club....and they DIDN''T save NCFC at the eleventh hour.

For once I don''t agree with Smudger and I do feel Souness would be a disaster for a club like ours.....but accusations of so called "character assainations" is just a cover for for weakness. In business...sentiment has no place....and Delia Smith has been playing the "sympathy" card for far too long.

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

rant over!

[/quote]

What is it with some fans that they can''t just accept that this club is purely a business in 2007....not the labour of love as it was for our dear deperted Geoffrey Watling.

DS and Co bought NCFC to create a PR window....AND make money....both of which on paper they have. It was NOT a "charitable act" done out of love for the club....and they DIDN''T save NCFC at the eleventh hour.

For once I don''t agree with Smudger and I do feel Souness would be a disaster for a club like ours.....but accusations of so called "character assainations" is just a cover for for weakness. In business...sentiment has no place....and Delia Smith has been playing the "sympathy" card for far too long.

[/quote]

To be honest it is difficult to see all of football as anything other than a hugely unbalanced business with an addicted consumer.

I don''t believe the current owners bought the club as a PR window. I think they are fans who were in a position to invest and try to take the club forward, which they did. I think a lot of fans would be tempted to do this if they had sufficient capital.

Souness would arrive as the head of a consortium, but would be sorely tempted to take over as manager no matter what the guise of his arrival. This isn''t the same situation as Niall Quinn - he had never managed before, whereas I''m sure Mr Souness is still convinced he''s a top manager and this would be an ideal way to get another job (he probably can''t do it on interview anymore).

As for the "Character Assassinations" and "Sympathy Cards", it''s all opinions. The club is a business AND a football club, hence the board and the coaching staff. For all the lack of sentimentality in business, football''s reliance on it make up for it...

In 2003 we had a NCFC fan hold discussions with Smith & her board about a possible takeover/investment. We only heard her side of the story, and for reasons (known only to her) he was given the cold shoulder. He is worth a reported £100m and has made it clear that he is interested.

Colin Davey.  

He started off in life as a farm labourer in Norfolk, but became interested in Greyhound Racing and placed a bet of £30000 to win £100000, which won!.

Then became interested in getting Planning permission for building on land that had been refused before. Another fortune made by selling "How to do it!" (Sovereign Investments)

Then became a bookmaker(Sovereign) in Bury St. Edmunds. Just up the road from me in Suffolk.

He has apparently now sold his bookmaking business and is back in the "Tipping" game with horses. A self-made multi-millionaire.

There will be a number of individuals interested in investing, but Smith & the EDP will no doubt feed us mis-information!

[quote user="Cluck"]

For once I don''t agree with Smudger

[/quote]

You have to occasionally though don''t you, just to keep up the illusion.

Anybody else noticed how Smudgers .... started ... doing ...that ... annoying ... thing... with... full... stops.

Don''t tell me you forgot which character you were playing, how unprofessional!

Isn''t this the same City fan that then offered his services and money to Ipswich Town but the bankrupt club down the road also turned him down? Can''t think why.

Funny how he also doesn''t exist in the Sunday Times Rich List (bottom place being an estimated wealth of £60m)

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Isn''t this the same City fan that then offered his services and money to Ipswich Town but the bankrupt club down the road also turned him down? Can''t think why...

[/quote]

Something to do with him being a City fan I would imagine!. Please take off those blinkers Smith gave you - or perhaps you have hard fact to back up your suspicious tone!. You cannot continue defending Smith - it is time for change, & to be fair - she knows it. 

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

rant over!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cluck, this is not just another "Yankee criticism of Cluck" comment, you and I can both provide those around all things related to NCFC. Your "Saviour" comment to Vicar is in very poor taste and, if you have decency about you, then you should apologise to him.

[quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Isn''t this the same City fan that then offered his services and money to Ipswich Town but the bankrupt club down the road also turned him down? Can''t think why...

[/quote]

Something to do with him being a City fan I would imagine!. [/quote]

What? Ipswich City?. C''mon, anyone who loves this club would not go for ownership of Portaloo Rd.

[quote user="FramCanary"][quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

[/quote]

Something to do with him being a City fan I would imagine!. Please take off those blinkers Smith gave you - or perhaps you have hard fact to back up your suspicious tone!. You cannot continue defending Smith - it is time for change, & to be fair - she knows it. 

[/quote]Actually this is true. I well recall an Ipswich fan sending flowers and champagne to his home to sweeten him up because we made him so unwelcome, he threw his toys out of the pram and threatened to make ipswich the best club in the region with his massive wealth - something no city fan would ever do.  The bloke was a jerk.