Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

......."on loan to league one"

I posted this in another thread, but thought I would repost it on its on, thanks.

"

I don''t blame Grant.  The guy has not had a chance.  This slipping towards relegation has been on the cards for a while.  The moment we did not sign anyone decent in the summer we got promoted to the prem a double relegation did cross my mind.  The same thing that happened iirc to Man City a while back.  And another point on that is I believe Man City went down to third tier of English football with a positive goal difference +2 and 52 points I think.

I have an awful feeling that if we do not go down this season, we will next.  Things will have to change, and change drastically just to keep us in the championship next season. 

The last 10-11 years have been the worst of the 22 years I have supported the canaries and that is despite the promotion.  We have gone about things totally the wrong way.  Do we seriously harbour any real ambition?  Are the board willing to take any risks to get the club anywhere?  If not then the board doesn''t have ambition. 

It is a dangerous game to play being content with life in the Championship and hoping for the playoffs at the start of the season, as relegation can easily creep up on you.  It happened to so-called bigger clubs than ourselves in Man City and Forest and could quite easily happen to us. 

Just because we are Norwich City playing in league one does not give us the god given right of promotion back to the championship.  Will t-shirts and banners be produced again, but this time reading on loan to league one, rather than the first division when we were relegated from the prem in 1995?

Grant needs time, however I will contradict myself here and say he is not the right man for the job.  He was not right for us in the position we are in.  We desperately needed someone with guile and experience.  Grant may come good with time.  Look how shocking Ferguson was for Man U, when he first went there.  The problem here is we don''t have the time to give Grant.

I never thought I would ever say this, we all wanted Mr. Chase out, which definitely did need to happen.  But can you sit down and say that anything has improved since his departure?  During Chase''s reign, I know he had a policy of selling our best players, but at least we did have good youngsters come through and we always seemed to manage to find decent cheap players as well.

We don''t even have this now, where are we going?  Is there any hope?

"

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I posted this in another thread, but thought I would repost it on its on, thanks.

"

I don''t blame Grant.  The guy has not had a chance.  This slipping towards relegation has been on the cards for a while.  The moment we did not sign anyone decent in the summer we got promoted to the prem a double relegation did cross my mind.  The same thing that happened iirc to Man City a while back.  And another point on that is I believe Man City went down to third tier of English football with a positive goal difference +2 and 52 points I think.

I have an awful feeling that if we do not go down this season, we will next.  Things will have to change, and change drastically just to keep us in the championship next season. 

The last 10-11 years have been the worst of the 22 years I have supported the canaries and that is despite the promotion.  We have gone about things totally the wrong way.  Do we seriously harbour any real ambition?  Are the board willing to take any risks to get the club anywhere?  If not then the board doesn''t have ambition. 

It is a dangerous game to play being content with life in the Championship and hoping for the playoffs at the start of the season, as relegation can easily creep up on you.  It happened to so-called bigger clubs than ourselves in Man City and Forest and could quite easily happen to us. 

Just because we are Norwich City playing in league one does not give us the god given right of promotion back to the championship.  Will t-shirts and banners be produced again, but this time reading on loan to league one, rather than the first division when we were relegated from the prem in 1995?

Grant needs time, however I will contradict myself here and say he is not the right man for the job.  He was not right for us in the position we are in.  We desperately needed someone with guile and experience.  Grant may come good with time.  Look how shocking Ferguson was for Man U, when he first went there.  The problem here is we don''t have the time to give Grant.

I never thought I would ever say this, we all wanted Mr. Chase out, which definitely did need to happen.  But can you sit down and say that anything has improved since his departure?  During Chase''s reign, I know he had a policy of selling our best players, but at least we did have good youngsters come through and we always seemed to manage to find decent cheap players as well.

"

[/quote]

Why don''t we get some T-shirts printed that say... ''On loan to Div 1 until we get relegated to Div 2 and the Conference etc etc''?

Because that is where we are going if fans are happy to sit back and let this inept board of ours destroy this club!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

remember those "on loan to the endsliegh" T-shirts? what a load of poo they were!

jas :)

[/quote] Yes it''s a dangerous stance to take because when it doesn''t work you look silly and over-confident!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

remember those "on loan to the endsliegh" T-shirts? what a load of poo they were!

jas :)

[/quote]

To be fair though we were not in the "Endsleigh League" for long .......... despite not getting promoted or relegated.

"poo " they may have been, but i bought one at the time firmly believing that we would bounce back straight away. 11 years on, i am not quite so gullible.

[quote user="seat124"]

"poo " they may have been, but i bought one at the time firmly believing that we would bounce back straight away. 11 years on, i am not quite so gullible.

[/quote]

I knew that we wouldn''t bounce straight back and fully remember refusing to go to Luton on the first game of the season with my brother (who believed that we would for a very short time)...

We had serious problems at the club back then as we do now... any fool could see that we were not going to bounce back for a long while, just as any fool can now see that we are in for a serious relegation fight!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

"

"

[/quote]

Why don''t we get some T-shirts printed that say... ''On loan to Div 1 until we get relegated to Div 2 and the Conference etc etc''?

Because that is where we are going if fans are happy to sit back and let this inept board of ours destroy this club!!!

[/quote]

No need to sit back and wait Smudger. Get on your bike and do something about it. Were you able to locate Mr. Mandaric yet? He''s been in Leicester recently after cutting short his vacation in Hawaii. He will be going back to Hawaii however. Further clue for you Smudger....he''s based on Oahu. Now let''s see how you can apply your little grey cells to track him down.

"

"

[/quote]

[/quote]OK Smudger what are you planning to do then ? or are you going to sit back and let others do something about it i''m guessing it will be the latter .

I am not usually one for reviving old threads.  I was looking for something else and came across this, which I originally posted 2 and a bit years ago.  If only the board could have foresaw the same..........................................[:(]

..............actuallu, would that have made any difference?[:|]

I am not usually one for reviving old threads.  I was looking for something else and came across this, which I originally posted 2 and a bit years ago.  If only the board could have foresaw the same..........................................[:(]

..............actuallu, would that have made any difference?[:|]

With respect to Smudger it would appear to me he has recently done far more and stirred up far more than any of you nuggets saying "so do something about it then".

"

"

[/quote]

[/quote]

WHEYYY,,, HERE COMES MR POSITIVE!

Delia could make a film about NCFC entitled Honey, I Shrunk the Club. We certainly could fit her description of "Little Old Norwich" pretty soon, if we continue on this downward spiral our inept board has taken us into.

i still have the t shirt that said on loan to the first division for one season only, from the very first time we got relegated from the prem lol

A very relevant post Norfolkbroadslim, the writing was on the wall really in hindsight, Smudger you were right on a number of things, tho i disagree on yr comments about Luton away on our first game back down, we whooped Luton 3-1 that day and up to when we played Leicester away we bossed that league playing some good football, which was Nov/Dec, really cant remember the exact date but what i do remember was the disbelief i felt arriving at Filbert street that O`Neill had been shat on by Chase and had walked out.

Mark McGhee had just done the same thing to Leicester and well the rest is history !  But there is no doubt in my mind had O`Neill stayed, signed Windass, Elliot, etc   We would have gone up, ok in time O`Neill would have left for a bigger club in time, but a few years of sky money would have enabled us to be on a firmer footing, alas since then all our appointments have been poor and yes i include Worthington in that, tho he did have some success .

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]

A very relevant post Norfolkbroadslim, the writing was on the wall really in hindsight, Smudger you were right on a number of things, tho i disagree on yr comments about Luton away on our first game back down, we whooped Luton 3-1 that day and up to when we played Leicester away we bossed that league playing some good football, which was Nov/Dec, really cant remember the exact date but what i do remember was the disbelief i felt arriving at Filbert street that O`Neill had been shat on by Chase and had walked out.

Mark McGhee had just done the same thing to Leicester and well the rest is history !  But there is no doubt in my mind had O`Neill stayed, signed Windass, Elliot, etc   We would have gone up, ok in time O`Neill would have left for a bigger club in time, but a few years of sky money would have enabled us to be on a firmer footing, alas since then all our appointments have been poor and yes i include Worthington in that, tho he did have some success .

[/quote]

Facts are though that we had a certain Mr Chase at the club and we were skint from investing all of the money we had raised from high profile player sales elsewhere.

While I saw that prior to the season kicking off the majority of our fans chose to ignore it... any similarities with the last few years???

Instead of Windass up front we had Keith Scott who burst on to the scene with a goal at West Brom to only score about one more for us.

I was at Leicester (along with many other away games during that period).  As you say, it may of worked if Chase had chosen to of kept O''Neill sweet.

But Mr Chase was a liar (again similarities with today)... it was all to clear to see that the financial backing was never going to be there to put a promotion winning squad together, however unlike todaqy we had a class manager who somehow managed to get a team that was never really good enough challenging at the top end of the table.  It was no surprise that once O''Neill left it all fell apart (another stark warning with regards to why we currently need a proven manager instead of Gunny).

You say that I wasn''t right about what I said prior to the Luton game Tim... history proves that I was... remind me how many years we spent in the 2nd tier after relegation again... only for one brief year in the top flight followed by another 4 in the 2nd tier and now this.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

....he''s based on Oahu.

[/quote]What a dump, Miami with a mountian

I take yr point Smudger, but we all campaigned back then to get shut of Chase, which we did in the end but what did we end up with? We are in a worse position than we were when Chase left. Dont get me wrong i want rid of Delia but can we guarantee it aint gonna get worse? This time its got be right for the future of the club to continue.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]I take yr point Smudger, but we all campaigned back then to get shut of Chase, which we did in the end but what did we end up with? We are in a worse position than we were when Chase left. Dont get me wrong i want rid of Delia but can we guarantee it aint gonna get worse? This time its got be right for the future of the club to continue.[/quote]

There is never any guarantees when you try something new in life Tim, should that stop us trying for better when we are clearly unhappy with what we have?

The only guarantee we seem to have at the moment is that things are likely to keep getting progressively worse under Delia & Co.

I think that many are starting to see that and consider that it is worth trying our best to push for a brighter future even if that means that there is a possibility of things going the other way.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

Goodness me. Pessimistic in the extreme isn''t it?