Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

We needed a bigger tie than Blackpool

I think that getting Blackpool isnt good for us. Had we of got a Chelsea or Manchester United, would this of given more money for the transfer window?

The good thing is we may progress further, but financially at this time we need the money for transfers as we keep getting outbid.

What does you lot think?

[quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"]

I think that getting Blackpool isnt good for us. Had we of got a Chelsea or Manchester United, would this of given more money for the transfer window?

The good thing is we may progress further, but financially at this time we need the money for transfers as we keep getting outbid.

What does you lot think?

[/quote]

Unfortunately we don''t get a say in who we want to play in the next round.

Only the big boys get to have their balls on the radiator before the draw (so to speak)!

no it wouldnt of given us any transfer window money considering the ties are played on the last weekend of January.. we''d have to move Bloody quick!

jas :)

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"]

What does you lot think?

[/quote]

Unfortunately we don''t get a say in who we want to play in the next round.

Only the big boys get to have their balls on the radiator before the draw (so to speak)!

[/quote]

Forest ( league one ! )    play Chelsea  ......... is there no justice ?  [:''(][;)]

hasnt anyone found it "odd" how the FA cup draw is no longer drawn from a bag but a see through Perspex globe where everyone can see the numbers on the balls.

Random Draw? Arsenal vs Liverpool? Forest Vs chelsea?

im not saying theres anything in the Draw.. but its certainly easier to "randomly" draw 2 fancied teams together when we can all see whos who isnt it?

the fact cheslea have had league 2 opposition for the past 4 years in round 3 is Very "random" isnt it ;)

jas :)

At least with this draw we have a chance of progressing!  But the tangerines are doing fairly well in league one this season (8th?) and look how well Brostol C, Oldham and Forest have done this weekend.

[quote user="Tangerine Mole"]

that you mis-use "of" for "have" !!

Mole

[/quote]

and you have used a hyphen unnecessarily !

[quote user="No 9 - Bly"]I expect that you will find a way to blame the board for this too[/quote]

No, i dont actually blame the board for this. Its just bad luck. A nice pay off from the likes of a tie with Chelsea would give us more dosh.

I do fear though that Blackpool will beat us.

the bowl is only clear from below. the top is frosted, meaning that the people drawing it cannot see the balls, but we can.if it was fixed liverpool & arsenal would never have played each other in the 3rd round

Blackpool is possibly the best we could have wished for. Looking at the financial threads on this board we would do well to progress in the cup for financial reasons and just as important for the morale of the players and the fans.

This does not mean that I assume that we will beat blackpool but we stand more chance than if we had got Chelski away that people seem to dream of. We can stuff them in the final at the new wembley!!!!!!

[quote user="pete"]How do you think Blackpool feel.[/quote]

Praise the alternative view!.......Blackpool must have been pretty disappointed when they saw they had us.....[:)]

[quote]

the bowl is only clear from below. the top is frosted, meaning that the

people drawing it cannot see the balls, but we can.[/quote]But were there any mirrors on the floor, eh ?  eh ? EH !?!?!?!?!?!?!?Sorry - I mean, yes of course there is no conspiracy and no warm balls.  Errhem.

Blackpool is a good draw in the sense that we stand more of a chance of going through. As someone said on another post by being on TV last weekend the chances are we wont be this weekend but if we go through we can expect to be on the box again as possibly one of the last few "lesser" teams in the cup.

It would also mean we might get a bit of a cup run and possibly finaly get a home match against one of the prem clubs who we could have a chance against.

I all honesty I would like to see us progress a little further this season and I am in a way surprised, although with the current climate not unsurprised, that no one has mentioned how seriously Grant is taking the FA Cup compaired with his predecessor. I think its great to have someone in the reigns who wants to win at everything we are in be it either of the cups or the league. The amount of times Worthington sounded like he didn''t even care . . . .

[quote user="Cluck"]

[quote user="pete"]How do you think Blackpool feel.[/quote]

Praise the alternative view!.......Blackpool must have been pretty disappointed when they saw they had us.....[:)]

[/quote]

I doubt Blackpool fans have as much of a negative view of City as some

here, they probably feel pleased that they got a fairly big club and

might fancy their chances.

Surely the game with Blackpool gives us the opportunity of progressing in the competition, just imagine a nice home draw against another Championship club in the 5th round and we find ourselves stumbling around in the quarter finals and just a gnats away from the final!

Given we have precious little else to worry about this season a cup run is surely something we can all have some fun with and surely that is what it is all about?

A couple of years ago Millwall found themselves in the Millennium Stadium without ever having played anybody much, so how about it? For me the idea of going to watch my beloved Yella’s in an FA Cup final is one of the few wished I have for our club and of course to stand and sing ‘Abide with me’

To conclude, a long weekend in Blackpool is a much better way of spending time than getting rushed fifty notes to stand in Stamford Bridge and all their new supporters and all their ill gotten gains, Donkey Derby here we come!

Surely if we stay in the competition, we''ll get the big money draws later on as the smaller teams get knocked out? Or at least, there''s more chance of it.  A win at Blackpool, followed by a home draw against someone like Chester or Swansea, and Chelsea in the Quarter Finals will do me nicely, thank you [:D]

If we would of got Chelsea then we would of walked away with a nice sum of money and got knocked out.

If we progress any further then that is more games and more likely to get injuries. What then happens to our league position, do we then slip further down the league?

If we would of got Chelsea then we would of walked away with a nice sum of money and got knocked out.

[/quote]

And to think some people have the cheek to accuse our board of lacking ambition!

If we progress any further then that is more games and more likely to get injuries. What then happens to our league position, do we then slip further down the league?

[/quote]

But in all reality the Beeb and Sky wouldn’t have taken Norwich Chelsea as a live game anyway unless we fumbled our way into a replay so apart from a bit of the gate loot I’m not sure what the big gain would be?

Lets not underestimate the cultural extravaganza that is a dodgy Blackpool nightclub at 2am on a  Sunday morning after a fine away win!

Antibiotics for sir?

[quote]A couple of years ago Millwall found themselves in the

Millennium Stadium without ever having played anybody much, so how

about it? For me the idea of going to watch my beloved Yella’s in an FA

Cup final is one of the few wished I have for our club and of course to

stand and sing ‘Abide with me’[/quote]This could be the year for a Championship club to do it again.  Liverpool were knocked out by Arsenal, Arsenal now play Bolton in the 4th Round, and Man Utd have Pompey.  On their day either of those smaller teams could knock the bigger teams out. Looking at the 4th round draw, and assuming that all Premiership teams go through when they are playing lower league opposition, there will be 10 Premiership teams left in the last 16 at most.  If we get past Blackpool, that gives us a 6 out of 16 chance, in the worst-case, of playing a team at our level or below for a place in the quarter-finals. 
[quote user="Trevor Brooking and 2 Girls"]Arsenal v Bolton West Ham v WatfordBristol City or Coventry City v Hull City or MiddlesbroughChelsea v Nottingham ForestChester City or Ipswich Town v Swansea Cardiff City or Tottenham v Southend Utd or BarnsleyBarnet or Colchester v Peterborough or Plymouth ArgyleBirmingham City or Newcastle United v Reading or BurnleyDerby County v Bristol RoversSheffield Wednesday or Manchester City v SouthamptonCrystal Palace v Preston North EndManchester United v PortsmouthBlackpool v Norwich City Queens Park Rangers or Luton Town v Blackburn Rovers Wolverhampton Wanderers or Oldham v WBALeicester City or Fulham v Stoke City[/quote]The likelihood is that it will be 50:50 that we get a championship team in the last 16 if we beat Blackpool, as upsets happen, Spurs looked wobbly against Cardiff, and Leicester could beat Fulham, for example.I doubt if we could make it to the final, but could we end up with a one-off match against the likes of Coventry, Hull, Wolves or West Brom, for a place in the semis ?  It''s possible, some might say it''s even likely.