Sign in to follow this  
jetstream

Croft subbed for 'showboating'

so what if he took Croft off.. we are 4-0 up against (with respect to our Tamworth friends) A tin pot outfit. they werent going to pull it back were they???

they scored a 25 yard screamer, which Gallagher got a hand too but couldnt stop.. it had been their first chance in what 60 odd minutes?

If he had kept Croft on and a tamworth player had flattened him and put him out for 6 months u''d all whinge "Grants a crap manager why didnt he take Croft off bla bla bla!" wouldnt u?

and from what i saw on TV id of taken Croft off too! he ran about alot and did little else.. he did a back heel whoopy! that doesnt make his perofrmance any better on the day does it?

jas :)

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Big Rons Brain"]

RE: UEA Canary

Absolute rubbish. Like Tamworth wern''t trying to make us look silly for the entire 90 minutes.

[/quote]

Yes, but Tamworth''s way of making us look silly would just be playing good football and beating us or even just drawing for that matter. I was merely agreeing with grant that any attempts to humiliate Tamworth with showboating should not be tolerated. By all means I want to be entertained with good football and wins but that does not require showing off or humiliating a lower league team.
[/quote]

I get where you are comming from, and if as grant says, it was because he tried to belittle the other side, i have to agree.

There is flair and there is a pish take.

Its a fine line. and i presume grant knows better than me what side of it croft was on.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

i respectfully suggest you re-read my post the BS jibe was aimed at Mr Grant and not your good self, yes i will accept an apology. next please.

[/quote]I have nothing to apoligise for, I have done nothing wrong and having read your post again it seems very clear that it was aimed at my post. If you did not mean it aimed at me then why did you quote me at all.

It''s called "journeymanisation". You knock the flair out of a player so he fits in with the rest of the donkeys. A stupid comment from a manager and a negative philosophy. Based on this.....I guess Ronaldo wouldn''t even get a kick under Grant......

I''m even more worried about the sort of "talent" Grant will see fit to inflict upon us now.....always assuming there will in fact "be someone"..............

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so what if he took Croft off.. we are 4-0 up against (with respect to our Tamworth friends) A tin pot outfit. they werent going to pull it back were they???

they scored a 25 yard screamer, which Gallagher got a hand too but couldnt stop.. it had been their first chance in what 60 odd minutes?

If he had kept Croft on and a tamworth player had flattened him and put him out for 6 months u''d all whinge "Grants a crap manager why didnt he take Croft off bla bla bla!" wouldnt u?

and from what i saw on TV id of taken Croft off too! he ran about alot and did little else.. he did a back heel whoopy! that doesnt make his perofrmance any better on the day does it?

[/quote]

I think the problem was not him subbing Croft but his reason for subbing him which Grant said was because he did the back heel.  It has rings of Worthy''s ''no roy of the rovers stuff''.  Which is surely what we come to games in the forlorn hope of seeing??

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

Pardew and Grant turned West Ham into one of the most creative and attacking teams in the Championship.  Grant''s also never managed a side which has been relegated, so, he is not very similar to Worthy.

I think Grant is making a very simple statement.  You play for the team or not at all.

[/quote]

I disagree - it was a backheel to his partner on the right hand side - it brought Colin into play.

I agree with the take him off if trying to take the piss.Also have people not noticed that the three players that were taken off are the same three that are regarded as having fitness problems.

So let me get this right please.  With regard to taking the P or embaressing the opposition....does 4-0 up with almost half an hour to play and seemingly comfortable mean we are taking the mick?

What was Fulhams defeat of us last day of the Prem? should they have stopped at 4? they had nothing to play for after all...why embaress us further!

What was 8-0 to Sutton? It was a headline which gets mentioned to this day for the right reasons, not because we were nasty and mean to poor old Sutton, but because we won by an emphatic margin. Fair play to us.

At 4-0 and controlling the game why mess up the rythymn we had.  The players were not under any pressure, they were comfortable and weren''t likely to get cramp lets face it! even Dion could have finished 90 minutes of that.

Finally yes i do understand the arguement from those who say about saving our best players, this is valid, but from a point of view of saving embaressment for the opposition that''s is the single most stupid reason for subbing anyone i have ever heard.....and if Mr Grant was honestly thinking that then God help us.  4 goals can be scored in half an hour. Anything can happen in football..and it usually does.

Anyway i enjoyed the first hour

[quote user="7rew"]I agree with the take him off if trying to take the piss.

[/quote]

i dont.. if Brazil subbed everyone in their side who took the piss they wouldnt have any players left!

Football management is way beyond most of us, lets face it - most of us would think of replacing a player if he was playing cr@p but not PG, he leaves all the cr@p players on and brings off a player for a single back heel - we have much to learn from the big man and the next three and a half years should be a learning curve for all of us.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="ricky knight"]

i respectfully suggest you re-read my post the BS jibe was aimed at Mr Grant and not your good self, yes i will accept an apology. next please.

[/quote]

I have nothing to apoligise for, I have done nothing wrong and having read your post again it seems very clear that it was aimed at my post.

If you did not mean it aimed at me then why did you quote me at all.
[/quote]

i quoted you because you were trying to interpret Grants reasoning for saying what he said, to which i was saying BS and went on to say employing Grant was a ricket, making it clear who i was talking about, i would have thought.

If i remember correctly we were 4-1 down and just decided to start passing it about, it must have been a good 15-20 passes before we gave it away, we didn''t care anymore, we played our best and it was time to cheer up the fans

jas, I don''t agree with removing players for taking the piss against league opposition, even lower league opposition. But it feels wrong against part-timers, we shouldn''t rub it in.and brazil would have 2 players left at least. dida and bf ronaldo [you cant take the piss if you don''t move at all]. Also if brazil didn''t take the piss so much they would have done a lot better in the world cup, like italy did.

7rew"/jas, I don''t agree with removing players for taking the piss against league opposition, even lower league opposition. But it feels wrong against part-timers, we shouldn''t rub it in.

and brazil would have 2 players left at least. dida and bf ronaldo [you cant take the piss if you don''t move at all]. Also if brazil didn''t take the piss so much they would have done a lot better in the world cup, like italy did.

I''m sorry 7rew...but this post just about sums up everything that is wrong with this squeaky poncified world today.....and political correctness at it''s very very worst.

It''s football man!.....A rugged man''s game played by men......What are you actually watching it for?... I can''t believe that soundly beating an opponent of any calibre has now become the "politically incorrect" thing to do in 2007. Do you reckon Tamworth would have said "We''d better not beat Norwich today as they are in a higher league than us" if they were 3-0 up?

I just need to go and bang my head on a hard surface to see if all of this is just a bad dream..........[8o|]