Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Hendo Back and looking for a move.

Our young Right Winge...  sorry Worthy is gone now isn''t he, striker Ian Henderson is back and he may be off.

I can see a place for him on the bench here untl the end of the season as Thorne has been hopeless, Jarvis has failed to impress and McVeigh is Fat.  I hope he takes his chance when it arrives! [Y]

http://www.rickwaghorn.co.uk/full_article.asp?i=750

How many more chances does he need? I know Worthy played him out of position but he doesn''t exactly shine on the pitch does he?

[quote user="percyvarco"]How many more chances does he need? I know Worthy played him out of position but he doesn''t exactly shine on the pitch does he?[/quote]

Agreed, should have been long gone from the club. Ditto Ryan Jarvis. Time to forget that "generation" and bring through the new, like Chris Martin.

I feel for Hendo. He was booed from the off and never greatly incuraged by the supporters. He is another one of our youth players that has represented his country and yet due to fans getting ontop of him rather than behing him (no inuendoes intended here!) he has never seemed that confident on the pitch.

I hope that if him and Ryan leave as some people suggest they should that they go and prove them wrong in more style than Crow.

What I will say is that Paul Hayes is doing reletively well for himself now - he is one that got away and I have a feeling that the same will be with Ryan and Hendo.

[quote]What I will say is that Paul Hayes is doing reletively well for himself

now - he is one that got away and I have a feeling that the same will

be with Ryan and Hendo.[/quote]I remember watching Paul Hayes play for us in the friendly against Ajax a few summers back, and thinking that he would be a handy forward for us.  I guess we had better at the time and he was let go ?You can see the benefit of loaning out younger players that aren''t getting games to teams like Birmingham in Arsenals'' loanees.  No reason why Jarvis or Henderson couldn''t do for a League 1 side what Nicholas Bendtner has been doing for Birmingham, with a run in a team.

[quote user="chicken"]

I feel for Hendo. He was booed from the off and never greatly incuraged by the supporters. He is another one of our youth players that has represented his country and yet due to fans getting ontop of him rather than behing him (no inuendoes intended here!) he has never seemed that confident on the pitch.

I hope that if him and Ryan leave as some people suggest they should that they go and prove them wrong in more style than Crow.

What I will say is that Paul Hayes is doing reletively well for himself now - he is one that got away and I have a feeling that the same will be with Ryan and Hendo.

[/quote]

Bless you Chicky chucks........and I jolly well hope they do too...... blinking blooming boo boys make me so angwee........[:@]

[quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

agreed... Hendo shows ability alot of the time its just that some fans have never given him a chance to express himself.. rather than Cajoling him when he makes a mistake.

if Hucks or Earnie made the same mistake everyone would sing their name from the stands wouldnt they? why not Give Hendo that time?

jas :)

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]come on, shall we just face the facts that hendo is never going to make the grade here at city.

The quicker they off load him the better.

GRANT OUT
[/quote]

I see your avatar alot around these forums. And i just wonder why? Why sack him? And - who would come to us t oreplace him? Sorry for taking it off-topic but it frustrates me somewhat.

Well I for one am pleased Henderson is fit again - if it means Peter Thorne is no-where near the first 16! Henderson in my belief is not a bad player, the problem is he''ll look ordinary for 80 minutes, and good for only about 10. If he could turn it on a bit more over the full 90 minutes, he''ll make it. Otherwise he''ll go the way of Chris Llewellyn - the lower leagues.

The point should be made that the current reserve setup is killing us - this the first game since 2rd December!!! How on earth are players supposed to get match fit without proper match practice.

The point about loaning the likes of Hendo and Jarvis is that one or other would normal be on the bench say Earnie gets injured then we get a suspension both of them are on the bench one might start - the squad isn''t big enough to allow players to leave on loan

Not seen enough of Henderson to really form an opion. I believe he favours being a striker, but the times I have seen him play was on the wing.

Guess he must be about 21 now and looking doubtful he will break through. If thats the case then best for him and us if he moves on. Still if it''s true that we have not had a reserve game since Spurs last night from December the 2nd that is shocking. We need more please... Get on that phone PG and arrange some or some other lackey please.

Hendo should be sold.  The lad has pleny of enthusiasm but simply is not good enough as a right midfielder (not hisposition anyway) and is simply too lightweight and lacking earnies finishing to make it as a striker.  Give him a chance elsewhere.

[quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]

The point should be made that the current reserve setup is killing us - this the first game since 2rd December!!! How on earth are players supposed to get match fit without proper match practice.

The point about loaning the likes of Hendo and Jarvis is that one or other would normal be on the bench say Earnie gets injured then we get a suspension both of them are on the bench one might start - the squad isn''t big enough to allow players to leave on loan

[/quote]Thats a good point. The FA wanted clubs to buy into their academy vision. Having done that we are shafted royally by the ridiculous rules encompassing the distance players travel and our salty catchment area. They then refuse to let us play in their reserve league, banishing us into the underworld of football. How many millions have been pumped into the academy? and for what reward? If Jarvis and Henderson are the best we can achieve, the whole process is a waste of time and money.