Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

eagle shines again in reserve match

imo rob eagle was again the pick of the bunch in last nights reserve match against spurs - mostly youth players.eagle played in left centre midfield rather than left wing last night, and looked excellent going foward, his link up play is top drawer - eagle showed plenty of deft touches and intuitive passes that only comes from a player of top ability.  his positional play in this role was good too, he has an awareness about him, but defensively he stood off matbe too much and didn''t get mant tackles in.  as he physically matures this will improve.  ryan jarvis caught the eye too, some good touches and got into some good positions - however he needs some real football - in front of goal he dwelt too long - a spell in league one would sharpen him up no end - with improvement he could still do a good job for us.  rossi looked ok - question mark over his physical stamina for me. sadly, hendo doesn''t look like he will make the grade with us.  he lacked fluency, often miscontrolling and misplacing passes.  league 1 for me. our no 6 - central defender who played along flem has filled out hugely since lasy season - where he looked gangly, he now looks stronger - there''s improvement to come, make no mistake - he could be a goodun too. 

Sounds promosing.

I dont think eagle will ever make it as a winger because he''s not pacey and not that big. If  he plays more central and can pass the ball about well then he''ll have a chance.

Eagle, Jarvis and hendo will never make first team regulars.  Time to get rid and move on.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]imo rob eagle was again the pick of the bunch in last nights reserve match against spurs - mostly youth players.

eagle played in left centre midfield rather than left wing last night, and looked excellent going foward, his link up play is top drawer - eagle showed plenty of deft touches and intuitive passes that only comes from a player of top ability.  his positional play in this role was good too, he has an awareness about him, but defensively he stood off matbe too much and didn''t get mant tackles in.  as he physically matures this will improve. 

ryan jarvis caught the eye too, some good touches and got into some good positions - however he needs some real football - in front of goal he dwelt too long - a spell in league one would sharpen him up no end - with improvement he could still do a good job for us.  rossi looked ok - question mark over his physical stamina for me.

sadly, hendo doesn''t look like he will make the grade with us.  he lacked fluency, often miscontrolling and misplacing passes.  league 1 for me.

our no 6 - central defender who played along flem has filled out hugely since lasy season - where he looked gangly, he now looks stronger - there''s improvement to come, make no mistake - he could be a goodun too. 
[/quote]

With the disgraceful reserve setup players have to be loaned to get games.  How can a player progress playing so few real matches??

take Marlon Harewood, he scored only 4 goals in his first season ''proper'' season and only 5 in the championship in the next.  He only came to prominence in the 2002/2003 season.  Dean Ashton also took a fair amount of games to ''get going''.

I am not saying our players are any good but really, the number of games Henderson and Jarvis have played has been appalling.  If they had been loaned to a lower division club for a season it would have done us no harm at all and we would have a much better idea of their abilities.

[quote user="JC"]

Eagle, Jarvis and hendo will never make first team regulars.  Time to get rid and move on.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]imo rob eagle was again the pick of the bunch in last nights reserve match against spurs - mostly youth players.

eagle played in left centre midfield rather than left wing last night, and looked excellent going foward, his link up play is top drawer - eagle showed plenty of deft touches and intuitive passes that only comes from a player of top ability.  his positional play in this role was good too, he has an awareness about him, but defensively he stood off matbe too much and didn''t get mant tackles in.  as he physically matures this will improve. 

ryan jarvis caught the eye too, some good touches and got into some good positions - however he needs some real football - in front of goal he dwelt too long - a spell in league one would sharpen him up no end - with improvement he could still do a good job for us.  rossi looked ok - question mark over his physical stamina for me.

sadly, hendo doesn''t look like he will make the grade with us.  he lacked fluency, often miscontrolling and misplacing passes.  league 1 for me.

our no 6 - central defender who played along flem has filled out hugely since lasy season - where he looked gangly, he now looks stronger - there''s improvement to come, make no mistake - he could be a goodun too. 
[/quote]

[/quote]

why wont Eagle? he''s still young. everyone raves about Chris Martin but why will he make it as a pro and Eagle wont?

I seem to remember everyone raving about Ade Akinbiyi in the youth team....

I think Eagle will do well

jas :)

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]sadly, hendo doesn''t look like he will make the grade with us.  he lacked fluency, often miscontrolling and misplacing passes.  league 1 for me. [/quote]I think that might be a little unfair - one reason for the game was to give Hendo some match practice after his long injury. I''d know he''s lightweight physically and a bit naive football-wise (hardly surprising seeing how his career here has gone) but he''s had a tough time from the fans and I''d like to see him progress here.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]

[/quote]

I think that might be a little unfair - one reason for the game was to give Hendo some match practice after his long injury. I''d know he''s lightweight physically and a bit naive football-wise (hardly surprising seeing how his career here has gone) but he''s had a tough time from the fans and I''d like to see him progress here.
[/quote]

I didn''t see the game but I saw Hendo in the cup matches before his injury and he looked to have strengthened up a bit. I would love to see him make the grade although it''s becoming increasingly unlikely I guess.

I''d like to see Hendo given a proper chance (by management and fans) because I get the impression his heart is in the club and he''d give maximum effort. I can''t possibly comment on his ability, though, as I''ve not seen him play enough to judge.

the no.6 you are on about is probably matty haliday, and about eagle playing centre mid

didn''t i say a couple of months ago that eagle would end up playing there because of his lack of pace, and everyone slated me

and were is he playin in the reserves