Sign in to follow this  
Oldshirts

Football Shirt History

Hi

I''d like to introduce my website, www.oldfootballshirts.com .

We''re not selling anything, just creating an online photographic history of replica football shirts, using fans photos of their own shirts (no official photos).

So far over 1800 shirts have been posted, but to date no Norwich shirts, it would be great to see a few on there.

All you need to do is take a photo(s) of your shirts, click on the "add a shirt" link on the site and add your comments together with the photo.

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any Norwich shirts added.

Phil

is that horrible poo coloured Coventry shirt on there? surely the most hideos football shirt ever in the world!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

is that horrible poo coloured Coventry shirt on there? surely the most hideos football shirt ever in the world!

[/quote]

No, sadly not yet, might have to try a few Cov message boards, see if anyone has one!!!

Got one Norwich shirt on there now, bit of an odd one, no sponsors name on it, anyone know why? http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/Norwich-football-shirt-number-1473.html

Isn''t that one the Bruce Oldfield designer one that was made from the material left over at the duster factory?

It should have Colmans on it.

[quote user="percyvarco"]

Isn''t that one the Bruce Oldfield designer one that was made from the material left over at the duster factory?

[/quote]

Not a question I can answer, the photo was posted by a Norwich fan, but if anyone knows why no sponsor??? 

Not sure why oldshirts.  You might want to pop on to eBay, there''s always listings of football shirts on there, and I''m sure a few dozen Norwich shirts are on there.

Ah, good all ebay, is there anything it can''t do?

Thanks for the suggestion friend, but the spirit of the site is for fans to post pics of thier own shirts. I''m not really into lifting photos off ebay, and we''ve tried to prevent any such images being added to the site, as well as any "official" photos.

So come on, get your digi cameras out, who has the oldest Norwich shirt then?

[quote user="Oldshirts"][quote user="percyvarco"]

[/quote]

Not a question I can answer, the photo was posted by a Norwich fan, but if anyone knows why no sponsor??? 

[/quote]

its proberly a fake if theres no sponsor

Yeah... also the badge is too small. Thats a modern Xara type of badge on a Colmans shirt... bizarre! Also - The Colmans one had blue piping, that was rounder and the pony logo (I think) is in green.

It is probably just a second. Something went wrong somewhere so they didn''t bother putting the sponsor on it. The market used to sell loads of these...

I would take a picture of mine but it has a huge fag burn in the middle of it from my mate, left after occassional out-of-hand celebrations. Those were the days(ish)...

I''ve got a 1960s Terry Allcock No.9 and Kevin Keelan''s keeper jersey from 1972...I''ll try to get a decent picture to send on.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

anyone got the blue and white shirt.. our original colours!

[/quote]i have the newer one the centery version would that be any good

[quote user="Cluck"]I''ve got a 1960s Terry Allcock No.9 and Kevin Keelan''s keeper jersey from 1972...I''ll try to get a decent picture to send on.[/quote]

The really old ones are the rarities, I am planning to do a special section just for the pre-replica buying years, so we''ll look forward to seeing those photos.

Cheers, Phil 

Just put a load of away shirts on there (including one signed by the Championship-winning team) and a home shirt signed by the greatest right-back of all time.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Just put a load of away shirts on there (including one signed by the Championship-winning team) and a home shirt signed by the greatest right-back of all time.[/quote]

whos that then Pete??

Cully? Steeno? Dave Phillips? Paul Haylock?

Thanks so much guys for your response, good to see some Norwich shirts on there now.

As for some of those really old ones mentioned, they would be great to see, as would the centenary shirt.

Thanks again, all the best for the rest of the season, keep checking back on www.oldfootballshirts.com , oh, and if you get a chance, click on a couple of the gooogle ads, help me rasie some money to keep the site running.

Cheers

Phil

Re Blue and white shirt -

"i have the newer one the centery version would that be any good".  Is that the limited edition of 500 Sonny?

I have one of those, will never wear it though, its staying in the box.

I have just posted my shirt on there.  Its the shirt from the 1905 season, blue and white colours.  It''s not the original of course, its the limited edition one produced to celebrate Norwich''s centenary. 

It''s a wee bit creased, that''s Egyptian cotton for you, but it sure ain''t going no where near the washer.

regards

All shirts can be added, even duplicates if you like, especially if you have any numbers on the back, players signatures, or even player issue shirts.

For example, look at the Palace collection, can''t quite believe how many shirts one Guy can have (most are one persons collection), especially for Palace, but he gets them from friends, players, and their families, even direct from the club.

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/old-Crystal-Palace-football-shirts-tid28.html

So all are welcome, and thanks for your interest.

Phil