Sign in to follow this  
Canary Pirate

The Mickey Mouse Cup

There has been great discussion about the Crofty''s backheel against Tamworth with regard to taking the pee out of lesser opposition.

Taking the various views posted on this subject and using them with reference to the Liverpool 3 Arsenal 6 game. Are these teams not taking the biggest pee out of all the other teams outside the premiership by making an absolute mockery of a quarter final cup competition with the players they put out. As far as I''m concernerned Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd can all bugger off and join a European league ( after all they are all foreigners anyway - well mostly ) before they ruin the FA Cup in the same way.

We might then get some meaningful cup competitions back in the UK - what do you think ?

lets put it this way i would not mind some of them arsenal players in our team, micky take or not the football on show is something we can only dream about.

If they took a Champions league spot and gave it to the winners of the FA cup this would most definately keep the so called BIG teams interested in it and put more presure on them to do well! also with the fact that there would only be 3 league berths if one missed out the financial cost would be huge so teams would have to think less about buying overblown forigners and look more at a fruitful youth set up.

IMO

I think the point was that grant does not want to see croft take that into any league matches, the arsenal players are good enough to do that as they are world class. if we start getting results and playing well on a regular basis then maybe it wouldnt be an issue

[quote user="duke022"]

If they took a Champions league spot and gave it to the winners of the FA cup this would most definately keep the so called BIG teams interested in it and put more presure on them to do well! also with the fact that there would only be 3 league berths if one missed out the financial cost would be huge so teams would have to think less about buying overblown forigners and look more at a fruitful youth set up.

IMO

[/quote]

By the time the big guns are entered into the FA Cup they seem to have a pretty good idea if they think they will qualify through a league position and still put out a weakened sides, but I think I can see how your proposal could potentially improve things.

[quote user="duke022"]

IMO

[/quote]

A dangerously good idea duke.......and so good it would sadly never happen............[Y]