Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

A Warning for you Delia

I said in December, there would be no new signings of note, and I still stand by that. I''m begining to hate, yes hate, the people who ''ruin'' our club, yes, I did spell ''run'' correctly!.

I detest the way Grant seems to ''big up'' the selling of Earnie, lets face it, the bloody club is so transparent these days in their desire to sell him, its farcical. Preston has just said ''hands off'' to Sheffield Utd over Nugent, but you just watch us say ''yes please'' to them over Earnshaw, and you may pay for him over a 10 year period!.

Sorry, lets get back on this threads track.

IMO, we are being lied too, virtually all the CCC clubs are siging players now, bar us. I believe we have no money to buy anyone!, and I also believe that the board are total cowards when it comes to mis-manageing our once great club.

Very soon it will be the ''we go with what we''ve got'' mantra. This, despite Grant promising ''early signings''.

I''m getting very dis-heartened now, are you?.

Ooh the drama of it all.  You''re about 20 days too early for a statement like this, by my reckoning.

As you said, 21 says to go.  It''s a very long time, and we have to wait for all the pegs to fall into all the holes before we know what we get.  A lot of decisions will need to be taken, and most of them will be more complicated than the ones surrounding Luke Chadwicks arrival.

Norwich seem to have a habit of pulling one out of the bag at the last minute lets hope this is the case again we did it with earnie and tried again last time with a 2 million offer for david cotterill and we havnt spent that 2 million since then and have sold mckenzie so i would like to hope that was still available! fingers crossed

[quote user="sdldjl05"]Norwich seem to have a habit of pulling one out of the bag [/quote]

I was hoping for a bit more than one. At the NCISA forum in November Delia said ''Expect lots of transfer activity''. If its left to the last day I cant see that happening. The chief executive despite his special powers cant be in more than one place at a time.

if you look at the pinkun homepage it reports we are close on brown and marshall, thats two more which seem likely, give grant time, i think hes going to get some good quality nplayers in and wouldnt be surprised to see him move for hayter and edwards next

The latest suggestion is a lad from Bury - Andy Bishop - who was top-scoring conference striker last year (23) and has 14 from 29 starts this year in league 2. That should be good enough for those who want us to raid the lower leagues for promising young (24 years old) talent. He''s 6''0" tall, but only 10 stone 10 lb, a bit too lightweight?

[quote user="Fat Barman"]The latest suggestion is a lad from Bury - Andy Bishop - who was top-scoring conference striker last year (23) and has 14 from 29 starts this year in league 2. That should be good enough for those who want us to raid the lower leagues for promising young (24 years old) talent. He''s 6''0" tall, but only 10 stone 10 lb, a bit too lightweight?
[/quote]

Sounds like a useful  addition to the squad !   scored for England ....  got some pace  , shouldn`t cost too much   ,  Norwich  is the biggest club he`ll have moved to  , so will be eager to do well  .

Not too concerned about his weight Barman ,  less to carry around should  make him move faster  .

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I said in December, there would be no new signings of note, and I still stand by that. I''m begining to hate, yes hate, the people who ''ruin'' our club, yes, I did spell ''run'' correctly!.

I detest the way Grant seems to ''big up'' the selling of Earnie, lets face it, the bloody club is so transparent these days in their desire to sell him, its farcical. Preston has just said ''hands off'' to Sheffield Utd over Nugent, but you just watch us say ''yes please'' to them over Earnshaw, and you may pay for him over a 10 year period!.

Sorry, lets get back on this threads track.

IMO, we are being lied too, virtually all the CCC clubs are siging players now, bar us. I believe we have no money to buy anyone!, and I also believe that the board are total cowards when it comes to mis-manageing our once great club.

Very soon it will be the ''we go with what we''ve got'' mantra. This, despite Grant promising ''early signings''.

I''m getting very dis-heartened now, are you?.

[/quote]

Well predicted Wiz...

or did you already know that Shef Utd were in for Earnie and Dixon???

[quote user="Polar1990"]if you look at the pinkun homepage it reports we are close on brown and marshall, thats two more which seem likely, give grant time, i think hes going to get some good quality nplayers in and wouldnt be surprised to see him move for hayter and edwards next[/quote]

Yeah what other complete and utter donkeys can you think of that we can pick up on the cheap???