Sign in to follow this  
The Judge

Stead & Brown ??

[quote user="charlies dad"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]I don''t know anything about Chris Brown and many of you may well be right when you say he''s a poor signing, but do you all remember peoples attitudes to the signings of Croft & Dublin? those transfers were not popular but look how well they have played this season. I know some of you live in some fantasy land where we can magic up millions of pounds and sign another earnshaw/ashton but this has no basis in reality.

[/quote] Fantasty land, where we all dreamed that Norwich city have just sold a 2 million pound England goalkeeper and a feckless 1 million pound striker, rather than have to ''magic'' up £3 million pounds.  [/quote]Yeah but what does 3 million buy these days? grant has stated he wants 3 or 4 players so he''s not gonna blow all our cash on 1 striker is he?

I know nothing about brown and stead was deemed to have some potential a couple of seasons ago that he has yet fulfilled.

Buying players is difficult - if we had signed any of the current Colchester squad in the summer, apart from Halford, the same lack of ambition comments would have been made as the ones about Brown,  yet they sit high in the table and suddenly we should be signing the likes of cureton and iwelumo,  who are not top class by any stretch of the imagination. 

We need players who fit into our side, and that doesnt necessarily mean the best footballers - an ability to fit into the coaches tactis coupled with leadership and desire are what the squad needs right now.  Spending cash on a name could be an expensive mistake, while buying several up and coming ones may unearth a diamond as well as giving us options.

Only once they appear for us do we know whether they are truly donkeys or not.      

I''ve never seen Brown play, but even if he''s surplus to requirements at one of our rivals, I''m willing to give him a chance - hell he surely can''t be worse than Peter Thorne can he?! And even if he doesn''t turn out to be prolific, if he can win his fair share of headers up front and hold the ball up well with useful movement off the ball, then he''ll turn out to be a very useful signing - especially in this division. However, I would question his maturity - those reports don''t sound too promising - we don''t need any bad apples in that dressing room. Lets hope he''s done some growing up since that incident.

On a final note - what I do find most odd is that Brown was linked to us last season when Worthington was manager. Now is it coincidence that Grant also likes the look of Brown, or is someone behind the scenes directing things? I mention this as Brown is hardly a household name - why should both managers a) be aware of him; and b) both seriously consider signing him.

I agree we don''t need to go to Premiership clubs for players, we need to be looking at good up and coming players maybe from Division 1. 

It is also essential that we hold on to Earnshaw. 

Depressing news, on the face of it. It sounds like he should be an Ipswich player. But here''s hoping I''m wrong.

I must admit I know very little about Chris Brown, but one has to ask why is a fellow championship side allowing him a transfer if he is any good or has potential to be a good striker?

From what I can see he would before the signing of Stokes have been at best their fifth choice, I fail to see how this, if it is to be a signing can A- excite the fans and B - improve on our future prospects.  Surely somebody at CR must see the need for a signing, not only to inspire the fans, but also the players that are already at the club.

We currently have Ryan Jarvis, who in my opinion will not make the grade at this level, and yet we spend £350,000 on what I would consider to be Sunderland''s equivalent.  What is the point????

Having waited ten days for our first signing, other than the one agreed in November I cannot hide my disappointment.

If this is a sign of things to come in the next 21 days I have some serious decisions to make before March as to if I can reasonably justify renewing our two season tickets.  This club for some reason would appear to have lost all ambition, and of that there is no doubt!!

I have to say that having followed the Canaries since 1964, having moved into the area, I am struggling to think of a worse period than this one.  Robert Chase era included!!!!

I am wondering why there has been no explanation from the club as to what has happened with regard to Lee Camp, who I consider to be one of the best all round keepers I have seen in the Canaries colours for years.  I note that we are now close to signing Marshall from Celtic.  If he is that good, why did we go for Lee and the Portsmouth loanee in the first place????

I am still giving the whirling dervish, that is our manager the benefit of the doubt, but I have to say, his transfer dealings are beginning to put doubts in my mind.

Because of my love for the club I am desperate that PG gets it right, but major doubts are starting to rise.

i think norwich have had a bid accepted for brown, but sheffeild united have had a bid accepted for jon stead