Sign in to follow this  
The Judge

Stead & Brown ??

Sunderland have accepted bids from un-named clubs for Jon Stead and Brown.

I have to say I think Jon Stead would be an excellent acquistion and would work well alongside Earnie. Are we one of the un-named clubs ???

it says on the bbc website something along the lines that its not thought to be derby. Perhaps his loan ended or he has an optio nto leave if a club comes in for him?

I''m not sure I can agree with you about Stead.

I know he was doing great work for Huddersfield approx 2-3 years ago, but not much has happened at any of his clubs since then, Blackburn, Sunderland or Derby (whom aren''t thought to be one of the clubs bidding for him according to the BBC reports).

Sure, he''s a big lad, but his scoring record is woeful since leaving Huddersfield. I don''t think he''s the player to take Norwich forward.

Quote Wikipedia

[Quote]Sex tape allegations

On December 7, 2006, tabloid newspaper The Sun reported Brown, along with team-mates Ben Alnwick and Liam Lawrence had filmed themselves in an orgy with a brunette girl referred to as ''Stevie.'' In the video, Brown is said to give "Match of the Day" style commentary as his team-mates perform sexual acts on the girl. Former Sunderland midfielder Martin Woods also features on the tape, but remains fully clothed, along with two other men. In reference to the watching men, Brown reportedly comments “Here’s the boys — the watching faithful — every week without fail.”

On December 8, The Sun reported that the girl in the video was just 16 years old, with the girl claiming she had no idea she was being filmed.

[/Quote]

Well if this is the reason he is moving clubs he could be a decent player,  I don''t imagine Roy Keane would want him at Sunderland.  I wonder if he would want to move to Norwich however.

not a fan of Stead....

Seems a bit clumsy and his record since leaving the Hudd hasnt been great.

Chris Brown sounds like a lunatic! does Hellesdon still have the padded cells?

jas :)

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Neither have anything to offer a team that wants to challenge for promotion next term.[/quote]

That hits the nail squarely on the head..............

Mark .Y.

[quote user="jetstream"]

Stead & Brown?

Is that a firm of Sunderland estate agents?

[to continue the house-buying analogy.......]

[/quote]

Sounds more like a shoe shop [;)]

Mcleod!  At last some sense is spoken! Spend the money on a promising young striker with massive potential. Definately someone we should be busting a gut to sign!!!

[quote user="Mark .Y."]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Neither have anything to offer a team that wants to challenge for promotion next term.[/quote]

That hits the nail squarely on the head..............

Mark .Y.

[/quote]the ambition is awesome.SACK GRANT

I don''t know anything about Chris Brown and many of you may well be right when you say he''s a poor signing, but do you all remember peoples attitudes to the signings of Croft & Dublin? those transfers were not popular but look how well they have played this season. I know some of you live in some fantasy land where we can magic up millions of pounds and sign another earnshaw/ashton but this has no basis in reality.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]I don''t know anything about Chris Brown and many of you may well be right when you say he''s a poor signing, but do you all remember peoples attitudes to the signings of Croft & Dublin? those transfers were not popular but look how well they have played this season. I know some of you live in some fantasy land where we can magic up millions of pounds and sign another earnshaw/ashton but this has no basis in reality.

[/quote] Fantasty land, where we all dreamed that Norwich city have just sold a 2 million pound England goalkeeper and a feckless 1 million pound striker, rather than have to ''magic'' up £3 million pounds.  

Chris Brown......Hmmm......More than anything I''m worried by what I read on Sunderlands official website ;- basically, as a youngster he was very prolific but since a serious injury he''s not looked the same player. Brilliant. Just Brilliant. But PG''s the expert, and I have to trust his judgement.

The fact is that it will be games which indicate whether Chris Brown is a good signing or not. No one''s initial thoughts on here really mean anything - unless they''re going to boo him before he plays (which they won''t). 

The fee seems to vary depending on which report you read but the guy is young, he has proven in a short spell that he can score at a lower level, and now has a chance to set up a partnership with the league''s leading goalscorer. Who knows how it will pan out... crumbs, he hasn''t even signed yet!

Stead is going to join Colin at Sheffield United BTW. I think that makes a move for Earnie seem more unlikely...

His goal scoring rercord is not brilliant, but he is young and without much experience. Presumably the scouts and PG see some potential in him.We may see improvement over the next five years, but he does not look like a potential Premiership striker.With a fee reputed to be above £500,000 (-Pink''un), it looks as if he will make quitre a hole in the transfer budget.

Rule number one when signing players: If they are happy to see the back of them then don''t sign them. And it they are crying in anger that they are going to lose him, sign him. Unfortuneately it looks to me like the former in this case: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/forumdisplay.php?f=66There''s a few threads in there worth reading to find out what stead and brown are like (looks like Stead is a fan favourite up north.)They are both poor players. We''ve gone from signing Riordan, a scottish international, to some rubbish reserve players at Sunderland. I''d rather us invest in lower league players: mcleod, varney, sharp. Least they''ll will try hard, their young and want to prove themselves, their cheaper and even if they do fail chances are we could sell them on for money and not give them away!

I''m a bit wary of this one, but then I was furious about Dublin and look how that turned out! I''m happy to be wrong...In fact, look at McKenzie.  He was a relatively average striker, but when paired with a quality player like Ashton he looked awesome.  Sometimes all it takes is a good partnership between good two players rather than two excellent strikers.  Hell, look at Thorne playing alongside Earnie in Cardiff... if Earnie can make him look good...

[quote user="The Judge"]

Sunderland have accepted bids from un-named clubs for Jon Stead and Brown.

I have to say I think Jon Stead would be an excellent acquistion and would work well alongside Earnie. Are we one of the un-named clubs ???

[/quote]

There''s room in the stable for two more donkeys........

Eeeeeeaw Eeeeeeaw................[N]