Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

If wolves wont have Sounes then we should.

Good God, no!

Souness is an awful manager and he''d be virtually unsackable as head of a consortium...

Ask Newcastle, Blackburn and Liverpool fans what they think of him!

Gareme Souness is a failure as a manager.. and 20 million will wipe out or debt leaving us with a whopping 1 million pounds to take on the world with! yeh! Go Souness!

jas :)

Graeme Souness is the biggest load of rubbish that has ever lived....

It''s very, very funny that he''ll go to Wolves and they won''t be able to sack him - would''ve been funnier if it was Ipswich, but Wolves is almost as good!

[quote user="jetstream"]

Good God, no!

Souness is an awful manager and he''d be virtually unsackable as head of a consortium...

Ask Newcastle, Blackburn and Liverpool fans what they think of him!

[/quote]

Where as our mans the dog''s. Souness was a winner at the top level of football. I''d welcome him. How much worse could it get.

What is the club worth in shares - that has to come out of the £20m and why would you wipe out any tax effiecient structured debt in their entirity?  Get rid of teh expensive loans by all means but anything that is cheap cash retain and then the balance of the £20m should be available forsquad strengthening.

Ideally if an investor had £20m gettingthem to take part of the club and so spending more on the squad is what we need- but inviting the likes of souness and his backers shows how dangerous it is to court investors -few are in it for the long haul or have the clubs long term benefit in mind. 

Hmm...that''ll be the Niall Quinn who had to sack himself as manager would it?

Souness did ok at Rangers (4 titles, 4 Cups), crap at Liverpool, a cup at Galatasaray, rubbish at Southampton and Benfica. He won promotion to the Premiership for Blackburn but left under a cloud eventually to go to Newcastle where he was universally unpopular (''A recent vote by a Newcastle fanzine voted Souness the worst manager of their history after transforming them from a side pushing for the Champions League to a side struggling to avoid relegation'' according to wikipedia)

Souness doesn''t strike me as the kind of person who would admit he wasn''t doing things well and step aside for a different manager (if things went badly)

I''m all for fresh investment but....

[quote user="Grumpy "]I would rather walk bare foot over broken than have Sounes anywhere near Norfolk let alone N.C.F.C[/quote]

Not overly keen then?

[quote user="jetstream"]

Hmm...that''ll be the Niall Quinn who had to sack himself as manager would it?

Souness did ok at Rangers (4 titles, 4 Cups), crap at Liverpool, a cup at Galatasaray, rubbish at Southampton and Benfica. He won promotion to the Premiership for Blackburn but left under a cloud eventually to go to Newcastle where he was universally unpopular (''A recent vote by a Newcastle fanzine voted Souness the worst manager of their history after transforming them from a side pushing for the Champions League to a side struggling to avoid relegation'' according to wikipedia)

Souness doesn''t strike me as the kind of person who would admit he wasn''t doing things well and step aside for a different manager (if things went badly)

I''m all for fresh investment but....

[/quote]

at least he had the guts to admit he was crap, maybe grant could do with a bit if self honesty and get the hell out.

I was in fact talking about Quinns takeover/director skills rather than as a manager, sunderland are on the up, not like us going the other way.

Smith & Jones will never release their death grip on the club until nature takes its course.

I''d welcome Sounes with open arms, unlike Grant, he really is a winner..

Niall Quinn spent many years at Sunderland and has a real affection for the club. He clearly loves it - it came across during his disasterous spell as manager.

I''m not sure Souness would really have the same affection for us...

"I was in fact talking about Quinns takeover/director skills rather than as a manager, sunderland are on the up, not like us going the other way."

Fair point Ricky

[quote user="ricky knight"]

sunderland are on the up, not like us going the other way.

[/quote]

They were in the Premiership this time last season.

[quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"]

We should be chasing this man if he has 20 million.

Come on board get off you bums and get in touch with him.

[/quote]souness or grant?grant everybl**dy time.and that coming from me.

[quote user="Grumpy "]I would rather walk bare foot over broken than have Sounes anywhere near Norfolk let alone N.C.F.C[/quote]

Probably better than what we have got, hey.

Broken what?

Probably better than what we have got, hey.

Broken what?

[/quote]

Is that " I would rather walk bare foot over broken marshmallows etc etc"? So annoying when a word is missing isn''t it?........[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]

sunderland are on the up, not like us going the other way.

[/quote]

They were in the Premiership this time last season.

[/quote]

its quite obvious i am talking about the the Quinn/Keane tenure. 

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Smith & Jones will never release their death grip on the club until nature takes its course.

I''d welcome Sounes with open arms, unlike Grant, he really is a winner..

[/quote]

Ouch doesn''t the truth hurt Wiz???

Even for those of us who are not too blind to see!!! 

We should be chasing this man if he has 20 million.

Come on board get off you bums and get in touch with him.

[/quote]

No offence but thats one of the stupidest things i''ve ever heard. Souness'' managerial career can be summed up in one word ''AWFUL'' and now he thinks he wants to buy Wolves, I feel sorry for the Wolves fans. What dedication or passion has souness got for Wolves? It''s just that they are avialable when he needs something to do.

It does say something about the mans managerial skills that he needs to buy a club in order to be a manager again.