Sign in to follow this  
Garlic Bread?!

Who has actually seen Pearson and Riordan?

Loads of people on here seem quite cross that we''re not gonna get these two-which i can understand if you know they are good but im guessing hardly anybody has actualy seen them play-so how do you know they are worth ''breaking the bank for?''...

Agreed. I think people are so bored by the lack of activity (not just in this window but in all previous ones) that they''re desperate for anyone new, regardless of whether they''ll be any improvement. The last thing we want is another Louis-Jean, Thorne, Hughes, Robinson etc who soak up wages and transfer fees for no return becuase they''re not up to standard. On the other hand if you don''t shoot, you don''t score. We''re all keeping our fingers crossed that Grant and his scouts know what they''re doing with players we don''t know. It will be interesting to see how their judgement pans out. Chadwick is someone we all rated though, so the signs are positive that Grant knows a decent player when he sees one.

This is the worrying trend and as has been said earlier....the wait is causing speculation about anyone who might suit.

I''m afraid alot of opinion is being based on computer game statistics...with names coming from nowhere. I''m not bothered as yet....but as we get nearer the end of the month the "last minute deal" prices will go up....while the pool of quality available will go down.

All too familar I''m sad to say.

[quote]I''m not bothered as yet....but as we get nearer the end of the month the "last minute deal" prices will go up....while the pool of quality available will go down.[/quote]

Quality like Earnshaw you mean ?  He signed for us on the last day of last Januarys'' window.  Same goes for David Cotterill, another decent player signed on the last day of the last window, admittedly, not by us, and not being used much but the argument still stands. 

Sorry cluck, but your assertion is not neccesarily true.

[quote user="shortfatb"]I don''t wish to be pedantic Hardouse, but other than a couple of games, shouldn''t that be Celtic Reserve Team fans.[/quote]

I knew Celtic were big but I didn''t know they had fans that only watch the reserves.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[quote user="shortfatb"]I don''t wish to be pedantic Hardouse, but other than a couple of games, shouldn''t that be Celtic Reserve Team fans.[/quote]

I knew Celtic were big but I didn''t know they had fans that only watch the reserves.

[/quote]

we''re not that big and we''ve got fans that don''t watch either team [*-)]

I have seen peason play when he was at motherwell and he was a player with a lot of potential then! The only time i have seen riordan play is for scotland but he looks a liverly forward and has a good scoring record whats up with that?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]I''m not bothered as yet....but as we get nearer the end of the month the "last minute deal" prices will go up....while the pool of quality available will go down.[/quote]

Quality like Earnshaw you mean ?  He signed for us on the last day of last Januarys'' window.  Same goes for David Cotterill, another decent player signed on the last day of the last window, admittedly, not by us, and not being used much but the argument still stands. 

Sorry cluck, but your assertion is not neccesarily true.

[/quote]

I didn''t realise we were going to include other clubs here....but I guess it helps you defend the continuing ineptitude of our Board.

What''s all this stuff about Earnshaw anyway? He''s no great shakes as a ball player and misses far more chances than he takes. Yes he''s decent enough.....but there are alot of skills missing from his overall game....and when the goals dry up (as they always do for strikers)....what will he contribute to the team then?  No doubt an extended spell on the subs bench where he will get moody like at West Brom.....and want to leave......

I have seen Riordan play for hibs a few times. he is a very good player and i can understand why celtic would not let go of him. but no i have not seen pearson play.

seen riordan play manny many times, hes worth the money. but havnt seen pearson play, doesnt matter anyway, hes off to derby. u have to remember tho, just because we havnt signed mcleod, eastwood vine etc, it doesnt mean grant hasnt tried signing them, u cant just assume that if we bid, then it will be a done n dusted deal. very few teams would let there star players go, and especially not for the money we have available to offer, plus, which player would truely choose carrow rd over a premiership team or promising championship one?just spare a thought for grant, and the pressure on him from the fans, i bet hes even more desperate to sign the top players, but at the minute the only players turning up at carrow road will be of Chris Browns calibre. x

[quote user="ncfc4eva"]seen riordan play manny many times, hes worth the money. but havnt seen pearson play, doesnt matter anyway, hes off to derby. u have to remember tho, just because we havnt signed mcleod, eastwood vine etc, it doesnt mean grant hasnt tried signing them, u cant just assume that if we bid, then it will be a done n dusted deal. very few teams would let there star players go, and especially not for the money we have available to offer, plus, which player would truely choose carrow rd over a premiership team or promising championship one?just spare a thought for grant, and the pressure on him from the fans, i bet hes even more desperate to sign the top players, but at the minute the only players turning up at carrow road will be of Chris Browns calibre. x[/quote]

While you make valid points...

I think that you need to look at the biger picture...

If our inept board do not have at least £3million to give to the manager for team strengthening then where has this money gone?

If our inept manager (who our inept board employed) is unable to bring in at least 3 quality players with the money that should be at his disposal then it doesn''t say much for his ability to turn things around either...  there are plenty of affordable good buys out there!!!

If these players are choosing not to come to NCFC because of they view us as a sinking ship then again who do we blame?

I think we all know that there is one answer to these questions...  and that is the majority shareholders on the board of directors!!!

I watched Riordan three or four times when he was at Hibernan and i remember (Vaguely) that he was a very bright players! Riordan would have been great and to be honest, i have no clue about how good Pearson is!

I''ve seen Riordan play for Hibs on a couple of occasions and I have to say he was very impressive on each showing. Skilful, quick and intelligent right winger/striker. I for one would very pleased if he turned up here in a Norwich shirt!

Never seen Pearson play so cannot comment - same with Brown.

[quote user="Cluck"]

This is the worrying trend and as has been said earlier....the wait is causing speculation about anyone who might suit.

I''m afraid alot of opinion is being based on computer game statistics...with names coming from nowhere. I''m not bothered as yet....but as we get nearer the end of the month the "last minute deal" prices will go up....while the pool of quality available will go down.

[/quote]

Well, i''ll have you nkow cluck-a-luck ( i thought i''d rename you), ionly related earnshaw to a football management sim. You should try them some time.

You could be pretty darn good cluck - you can set formations, buy sell players, criticise and praise players, release media storys....seems your style! :P

This aint no dig at you btw if it sounds like it.

Cluck wrote.......What''s all this stuff about Earnshaw anyway? He''s no great shakes as a ball player and misses far more chances than he takes. Yes he''s decent enough.....but there are alot of skills missing from his overall game....and when the goals dry up (as they always do for strikers)....what will he contribute to the team then?  No doubt an extended spell on the subs bench where he will get moody like at West Brom.....and want to leave......

Spot on Cluck but I''ll bet that you will get some stick for stating the obvious.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

Well, i''ll have you nkow cluck-a-luck ( i thought i''d rename you), ionly related earnshaw to a football management sim. You should try them some time.

You could be pretty darn good cluck - you can set formations, buy sell players, criticise and praise players, release media storys....seems your style! :P

This aint no dig at you btw if it sounds like it.

[/quote]

Been drinking hogesar?...........Great post.........

[quote user="Garlic Bread"]Who has actually seen Pearson and Riordan?[/quote]Me. Saw ''em both in Asda this afternoon.