Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Why are we not getting Camp?

I don''t know anything about this Marshall.. Thank God it''s not Andy Marshall!!!! I haven''t seen him play like I haven''t seen Pearson or Riordan. I doubt many posters have!

We need another goalkeeper more than any other position so I''m pleased if we get one ASAP.

As for Camp, it could well be Derby want to see if they can sell him so a loan may not happen unless he''s still a Derby player at the end of the window. I am not sure how long his present contract has but I would imagine Derby are looking for a sizeable transfer fee.

we dont know what Derby have said to Camp. have they suffered an injury to their number 1 keeper? has his form dipped... Perhaps Camp did so well on Loan at Norwich that Derby have decided he deserves a go at them.

When on loan ur own club keeps an eye on u... they dont leave to fester. Perhaps Camp impressed those that matter at Derby and he is part of the future there... who knows

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

we dont know what Derby have said to Camp. have they suffered an injury to their number 1 keeper? has his form dipped... Perhaps Camp did so well on Loan at Norwich that Derby have decided he deserves a go at them.

When on loan ur own club keeps an eye on u... they dont leave to fester. Perhaps Camp impressed those that matter at Derby and he is part of the future there... who knows

[/quote]

Does seem that Grant is not keen on camp despite public pronouncements - brought in ashdown,  only played him as a last resort and now looking elsewhere - if I was camp I would question coming back now!

Wasnt Marshall a first choice keeper for celtic for a while - a talented youngster from memory,  played for scotland too (so did gallacher though).   Dot know too much about him though.  

I have seen marshall play on a number of occasions last season and i would luv to see norwich get him, he''s more commanding than gallacher and is just better in my opinion.

With the exception of a couple of games for norwich, i havent rele seen camp regularly, but i would be delighted to see marshall and i also think he would help the defence in that he would communicate with them more than ive seen gallacher do. I say let''s get marshall!

[quote user="Chunky Canary"]I thought that Scottish goalkeepers were classed as a joke. Mind you, Gunny was not too bad (apart from that goal at Ipswich).[/quote]

All the doom and gloom around these boards and now you remind us of THAT goal! [:''(]

Marshall is highly rated and being the number 2 at celtic behind a polish international is no disgrace. He''s played champions league and looked good, he has to be better than gallagher. Camp looked decent as well, certainly better and more commanding than gallagher. You dont know whats going on, whether they''ve overpriced him, or whether they have decided to keep him or grant thinks marshalls a better option.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Chunky Canary"]I thought that Scottish goalkeepers were classed as a joke. Mind you, Gunny was not too bad (apart from that goal at Ipswich).[/quote]

All the doom and gloom around these boards and now you remind us of THAT goal! [:''(]

[/quote]

What''s "doom and gloom" about open and honest discussion? If you want "fairy stories" may I suggest Jackanory might be more in order?

We''re all adults talking about the reality of Norwich City 2007....and there is not alot of joy to be gleaned however hard you care to look...........

i''d rather have marshall any day! anyone remenber him in goal for celtic against barcelona and he had that amazin game?

we would be lucky to get him!

I OWN THIS CLUB queried

Grant now wants Marshall from Celtic, so what has happend to Camp?

I don''t know about you sweetheart but Camp is my New Year''s resolution! [;)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Maybe we''d have to pay for Camp, wheareas Marshall is supposedly coming on loan, initially. maybe PG might be saving some money til the summer?