Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Chris Brown

I think you''ll find that most of those games were as a sub. Plus he doesnt need to score 20+ goals a season for us as we already have someone to do that. He is 6ft + and is an ideal partner for Earny. Look at it this way, when Dublin isnt fit or has to play CB or gets brought off who would you like to replace him as earnys target man....Peter Thorne or Chris Brown (Even if you havent seen Brown play, I think we all will have the same answer).

Another plus, if Grant was allowed to talk to pearson we must have matched the 750k that Derby are paying so clearly we have funds, for everyone who is convinved we had nothing to spend. I think a goalie on loan is good business. A cheapish target man (hopefully brown) and 500k-1m on a creative midfielder should do for us, oh and maybe a LB on loan ( BUT no Paddy Boyle, please!!!!!)

If we were to sign Chris Brown, i think a quote from Monty Python''s Life of Brian would sum up the situation brilliantly....

"He''s not the Mesiah, he''s a very naughty boy!"

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif

Sounds like he''s had a colourful life. Lets not judge people on potentially false alleagations (the sun!) and a paintballing incident 2 years ago. I''m not condoning it at all, however we could do with some characters too liven up the dressing room. He''s young, 6 ft plus and did well at doncaster 3years ago. lets hope for the best.

He''s scored 3 goals in 10 starts this season, mianly at at time when the club as a whole was going through an awful time. He looks alot better than thorne and jarvis so lets hope he can do the business providing he comes.

2003/04- 10 goals in 17 starts for doncaster in league 2

2004/05 - 7 goals in 40 games when sunderland were in the championship

2005/06 - 1 goal in 13 games for a poor hull side in the championship

2005/06   -   1 goal in 13 games for a crap sunderland in the premiership

2006/07 - 3 in 10 starts

Overall for sunderland he''s scored 9 goals in 33 starts which isnt awful, alot of the time he''s played in poor teams and so you hope that if we play well and he fits in he could be good.

Why do you think Keane wants to unload him? Another lazy sod to go with the set we already have...........[N]

Well, seems good to me. We all complain about no signings - one comes along and he''s not worth it? We could''ve got him reasonably cheap, and anyway earny can score the most, if he nods in a couple, does a dublin for us, we put dublin cb, sorted?

I see your point, Matt, but Earnshaw is in a poor side and is still managing to bag a loag of goals.

Perhaps Grant sees him as a target man for others to feed off, as suggested earlier, but I''m not sure how big or strong he is. 

I guess you could be right about him playing in poor teams. i hope hes someone who will get onto the end of crosses for us which we dont have right now, im just not optimistic.

[quote user="Rethinking the future"]If we were to sign Chris Brown, i think a quote from Monty Python''s Life of Brian would sum up the situation brilliantly....

"He''s not the Mesiah, he''s a very naughty boy!"

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/quote]Excellent rethinking! He''s so naughty even Roy Keane can''t keep him under control - what chance anyone else!?

Sunderland fans seem to think he''s poor which worries me. One quoted on another thread is threatening to die laughing if we give them money for this guy.  I remember Reading fans saying the same about Hughes and we all know how goods he''s been. 

Rowan Vine would be an excellent signing.  Riordan has a first class goal scoring record. Chris Brown, well he hardly gets the heart racing does he?

Up to now Grant''s hands have been tied and he could only operate with the resources available to him.  Now he is bringing players of his own choosing I think we will have a much better understanding of our prospects under his management.

Any fan who honestly believes that Chris brown would be a good signing for Norwich needs their head testing,not the player we need,not a goal scorer he is crap,ask any sunderland fan. 

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

Sounds like he''s had a colourful life. Lets not judge people on potentially false alleagations (the sun!) and a paintballing incident 2 years ago. I''m not condoning it at all, however we could do with some characters too liven up the dressing room. He''s young, 6 ft plus and did well at doncaster 3years ago. lets hope for the best.

He''s scored 3 goals in 10 starts this season, mianly at at time when the club as a whole was going through an awful time. He looks alot better than thorne and jarvis so lets hope he can do the business providing he comes.

2003/04- 10 goals in 17 starts for doncaster in league 2

2004/05 - 7 goals in 40 games when sunderland were in the championship

2005/06 - 1 goal in 13 games for a poor hull side in the championship

2005/06   -   1 goal in 13 games for a crap sunderland in the premiership

2006/07 - 3 in 10 starts

Overall for sunderland he''s scored 9 goals in 33 starts which isnt awful, alot of the time he''s played in poor teams and so you hope that if we play well and he fits in he could be good.

[/quote]

2006/07 continued...  0 goals in 20+ games for a c**p Norwich side in the Chumpionship????

No change in him playing in a poor team when he comes here then is there?  Do you not think that there just may be a reason that he has only played in poor teams???

As for somebody to knock the ball down to...  when Earnie goes to Sheff Utd for £5 million or £6 million later this week we are absolutely stuffed...  especially when Delia & the bank manager have pocketed 70% of any fee we take!!!

When earnie goes? its all paper talk, i mean not being funny but it said earnie AND etuhu were goin to sheff utd. etuhu has not shown that hes that good. earnie was linked to watford, is he there? i dont think earnie will go anywhere

On September 7, 2004, shortly before Brown''s debut for the club, Brown was cautioned by Northumbria Police along with team-mates Sean Taylor and [yan Bell for firing paintballs at passers by from a car. The trio were initially suspended by the club during investigations, and were fined and haned written warnings for their behaviour. During a statement, the trio said they were "embarrassed" by their behaviour, and apologised for their actions.

A fourth player, Niall Flynn, was also disciplined for a similar, separate incident. Whilst Bell, Flynn and Taylor were released in 2005 and 2006 without making an appearance for Sunderland, Brown made his debut the same day his fine was announced on September 21, 2004, and has been a first team regular ever since.

[edit] Sex tape allegations

On December 7, 2006, tabloid newspaper The Sun reported Brown, along with team-mates Ben Alnwick and Liam Lawrence had filmed themselves in an orgy with a brunette girl referred to as ''Stevie.'' In the video, Brown is said to give "Match of the Day" style commentary as his team-mates perform sexual acts on the girl. Former Sunderland midfielder Martin Woods also features on the tape, but remains fully clothed, along with two other men. In reference to the watching men, Brown reportedly comments “Here’s the boys — the watching faithful — every week without fail.”

On December 8, The Sun reported that the girl in the video was just 16 years old, with the girl claiming she had no idea she was being filmed.

do we need someone like him NO

He sounds pretty dire to me. Anyway, I thought we were only interested in players who are better than what we have already? It could be argued that Brown is no better than Jarvis - who has never had a decent chance to prove himself. If Brown is the best we can afford, the club would be wise to save their precious funds and give Jarvis a good run of games. Let''s see what he can do.

Disappointed by this potential signing but not surprised. I''ve never heard of him and, having read what the Sunderland fans think of him, he clearly is, at very best, an average Championship player. Another one that gives his all but lacks quality.

Oh well, at least Hughes will be happy. Should divert some of the abuse that he receives.

Brown is Crap! Keane doesnt suffer fools gladly and instead of (probably ) deciding to head butt brown he is offloading him to the next gullible Saps that come along!

have a change of heart Grant!

jas :)

Sounds awfully average and a bit of a trouble maker.  Roy Keane is no fool, so why is he letting him go as he does not suffer fools?  If he is simply not good enough for Sunderland in Keane''s eyes then he is not good enough for us. 

Step one of the panic to get ANYONE to come to this sinking footballing outpost.

[quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Brown_(footballer)

Sounds good.

[/quote]

[quote user="Cobain18"]I hope im wrong, but this guy looks like a disaster. Please say im missin something[/quote]

Didn''t this guy score the winner at The stad of lite earlier in the season. I also seem to remember he had a good game against us at FCR earlier in the season too.

No Eastward but as a young man learning the game not to bad me thinks.

We don''t need him here.  One of the excuses for not having Sutton back was his reputation but he looks a saint compared to Brown. 

This is pretty much as expected: moans that we''ve signed no one (when we have already signed Chadwick who for some reason "doesn''t count") and then when we appear to be on the verge of getting someone that player is slagged off.  I can recall similar when we signed Dion, who everyone now seems to think is great.

Could it possibly be an idea to give the lad a chance before slating him from here to eternity?  Could it be that Sunderland aren''t what he needs?  I know a Stoke fan who thinks Thorne was the bees knees for them but for us he has been poor.  There are plenty the other way - Sutton at Chelsea was awful but good again when he left.  The point is that sometimes players don''t fit at a club - and if we don''t give this guy a chance, he certainly won''t at ours.

Dublin was too old; Croft was too fat; Chadwick was too ugly and now Brown is too childish.

Brown has embarrased Sunderland and is being rid of...he might be useless or he might have ability, realise he is at the last chance saloon, grow up and be a risk worth taking.

Footballers are so often immature, never seen the real world pampered prima donnas, so what''s new? Anyway, can''t youngsters get a chance today or do we have such a pathetic blame culture someone who goes astray is damned forever?

It looks like he''s coming here, Dublin will get alongside him and Grant might have pulled off a coup so why all the doom and gloom. Norwich used to be a Club who found players so why not have a little more faith?

I cant believe how negative everybody is, we dont have the money for earnshaw/ashton type players. Sunderland have just spent 2.2m replacing brown with Stokes. We have nothing like that sort of cash and I keep hearing Eastwood being mentioned, Portsmouth with there foriegn millons cant afford him so we definitely cant. Please people wake up and smell the roses! There are very few good players out there and tall centre forwards are at a premium ie Howard!  I think the guy needs to be given a chance and will certainly be better than Thorne  so has got to be an improvement in the squad.

Our days of signing players for more than a million are over for the time being, unless one of you has a spare few quid in your back pocket as Derby have.