Sign in to follow this  
Quang Nai

Chris Brown, bad boy/buy ?

Have read with interest of our suppossed interest in Brown, thought i would check out his past goal/ appearence ratio, and found out he has a bit of history.

Paintball shooting

On September 7, 2004, shortly before Brown''s debut for the club, Brown was cautioned by Northumbria Police along with team-mates Sean Taylor and [yan Bell for firing paintballs at passers by from a car.[1] The trio were initially suspended by the club during investigations, and were fined and haned written warnings for their behaviour. During a statement, the trio said they were "embarrassed" by their behaviour, and apologised for their actions. [2]

A fourth player, Niall Flynn, was also disciplined for a similar, separate incident. Whilst Bell, Flynn and Taylor were released in 2005 and 2006 without making an appearance for Sunderland, Brown made his debut the same day his fine was announced on September 21, 2004, and has been a first team regular ever since.

[edit] Sex tape allegations

On December 7, 2006, tabloid newspaper The Sun reported Brown, along with team-mates Ben Alnwick and Liam Lawrence had filmed themselves in an orgy with a brunette girl referred to as ''Stevie.'' In the video, Brown is said to give "Match of the Day" style commentary as his team-mates perform sexual acts on the girl. Former Sunderland midfielder Martin Woods also features on the tape, but remains fully clothed, along with two other men. In reference to the watching men, Brown reportedly comments “Here’s the boys — the watching faithful — every week without fail.”[3]

On December 8, The Sun reported that the girl in the video was just 16 years old, with the girl claiming she had no idea she was being filmed.[4]

if, he does join us, lets just hope he has learnt from past mistakes, and has grown up a bit.

[quote user="Steven Smart"]

And you are whiter than white!!!!!!

Good to see you are using the ultimate in in tabloid reporting for your information!!!

[/quote]

Well if not shooting a paintball gun at innocent people equates to be whiter than white, then yes i am, and proud to be so.

I am aware people make mistakes, but all i was saying was its how people learn from mistakes, and not to do them again.

I would much rather have a player who can represent Norwich City well on and off the pitch.

Well, when you''ve got prices like this for players that aren''t guaranteed to score goals in the Championship :Anthony Stokes [Arsenal - Sunderland] £2mRowan Vine [Luton - Birmingham] 2.5 - 3m...and wasn''t Cameron Jerome 3 million last transfer window, and Clinton Morrison was 2 million, what are the alternatives ?We''ve already got one very expensive striker, and we need more strength in depth.