Sign in to follow this  
AP16

Chris Brown....

I''ve read a few times on here, especially by RR who

literally just wont shut up, that Brown is a poor signing blah

blah.....but I remember vivdly the stink the signing Dion Dublin

caused....and now he''s up for player of the season. Get a grip.

With Stead going to Sheff U for £1.5M and Vine now being quoted at £3.5M, I suggest that Brown may be the best value buy for a striker at present, and worth a flutter, esp at just 22 yrs old with time on his side to learn and improve, unlike our more elderly striker, PT, who has had his best days. All this "Brown is cr*p" stuff is coming from the usual suspects, who have almost certainly not seen him play, whereas I would hope that our scouts have watched him and made a reasoned assessment of his abilities. So the sensible option, in my opinion, is to watch him play with a Yellow Shirt on his back and then make a judgement on him, and on our Management Team who clearly think he is good enough. I do not apologise also for repeating an earlier comment regarding the purchase of Chadwick for circa £200K behind an earlier Loan Deal, which is good business, and beats the inflated prices that would be likely this Month. Well done, Grant for showing some good business acumen in a tricky market. So looks like 3 deals so far in Jan, if Brown is followed by Marshall, another excellent young prospect. Perhaps we might yet see a quality Midfielder and another Defender before end of the month, then I will be extremely content.

The reason why there was some moaning about the Dion singing was because of his age not his ability. Brown is a very different kettle of fish. Three goals this season from 10 starts and 16 sub appearances. A good signing? I don’t think so.

[quote user="Chunky Canary"]

The reason why there was some moaning about the Dion singing was because of his age not his ability. Brown is a very different kettle of fish. Three goals this season from 10 starts and 16 sub appearances. A good signing? I don’t think so.

[/quote]Just curious how many of those 10 games you''ve seen? because i''ve never seen him play before so any info you have that you could share would be much appreciated.

if dion gets player of year that shows how poor the team is i thought dion was good bench signing .and he was never that good in his prime 10 goals a season man.

[quote user="Chunky Canary"]

[/quote]

On top of this  , is he`s got some " previous  " .. paintballing  people from a car ,  watching a 16 yr old girl get  " roasted "   , and taping it .......   the guys  got all the credentials  of a yobbo !   AND   the asking price exceeds 500 K

IF  he was any good , why are  we , apparently , the only club interested  ?   why does Keene want to get rid  ?   why are Sunderland fans  making yuk yuk noises  ?   I smell  trouble  from  this  move ! 

[quote user="Bernard Futter"]Do we take it as read Jack Flash that we are talking about the very same scouts who made a ''reasoned assessment'' of Hughes and Etuhu?[/quote]

Lets hope the boy has ability, the sunderland fans think he is a big pile of poop, but you never know.  Having said that he does sound like a total chav pillock shooting passers by with a paintball gun.  

I couldnt care less if he plays well for us however.

Surely he cant be as bad as Hughes or Etuhu??

My only concern about the signing of Brown is the size of the transfer fee (assuming Archant have got it right), £500k+ seems excessive for an unproven player with a bit of "previous", imo £250k tops or a loan with a view to buy at the end of the season may be worth a punt. I would have thought we should hold the whip hand in negotiations as Sunderland clearly want rid of him......

People have been talking for a couple of weeks on here of getting a youngster in to learn from Dublin, normally mentioning Rowan Vine.We sign a youngster who is (i''ve heard, not seen) to be the same kind of player as Dublin and it is alll immeadiately doom and gloom. Also he may not be prolific at the moment, but surely this makes him morre likely to want to learn his trade from Dion.  Vine is a Earnie like player and so wouldn''t learn as much.I think he could be good, but I still think that Dickson Etuhu could be good. Have never thought that Hughes could.

Also why is it that people are moaning that we have not signed a prolific striker and that we have spent too much of our budget on a striker, normally in the same post. shurely shome mishtake.

Please dont slag the lad of before he has played.From what i have seen of him we might be quietly suprised i rate him come on we are actualy signing someone.That is a positive in my mind fingers crossed he is not here yet .Glad we have only spent 500 k on him must leave plenty in the kitty for more.

First of all - lets confess I have not seen much of Brown play.

But the optimism of a new signing is tempered by the various stuff surrounding the player - he is very unproven, but young, decent size in the air, but doesnt seem to be that prolific.

I dont think we should be aiming as high (sic) as Sunderlands cast-offs. And also paying half a million pounds for an inexperienced young player that is going to be free in a a couple of months time isnt the wisest move in my book.

I am happy that there might be some movement on the transfer front, but just being typical norwich we seem to do it ar$e about face.

[quote user="sheded"]

watching a 16 yr old girl get  " roasted "   , and taping it ......

[/quote]Actually you don''t know for fact that she was sixteen or that Chris Brown was involved

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=190266

doesn''t look too good does it??

i dont wanna slate the lad before ive seen him play but you have to wonder what sort of scouts we have or who makes the final decisions on players, so far on very thin inspection brown has a dodgy past for his profession which he should know he will get slated for any scandal and he comes recommended worse then robinson!

..oh well lets hope he makes me eat my words (i would honestly like him to!)

I think this whole thing is a bloody joke. We have other teams around us signing big name players, and all we can get is some unknown who is not good enough for Sunderland and has only been linked with Norwich City. Yet again we have to settle for seconds in the transfer window. 

And another old Worthington target to boot (is Livermore running the club now ) will Grant ever get to sign anybody he actually wants , he went to Celtic for Riordan and Pearson and looks likely to end up with a goalkeeper on loan . It must of been hard to find a worse manager than Worthington but well done Delia you seem to have suceeded.

One thing i would say that is funny regarding the whole Brown incident which involved Ben Alnwick & Liam Lawrence is that they have all recently been sold by the club.  Interesting....

Could this be one of those players who signs in January and Leaves in May after it all going horribly horribly wrong?

whats the betting he''s on loan from us to another side by February 1st?

jas :)

I''m immensely disappointed about this signing (assuming it goes through). The guy has obviously had discipline problems off the field, and his goalscoring record speaks for itself - it''s awful. All the other youngsters involved in the paintballing incident were released by the club, so perhaps they thought he had some talent at least, but I remember him playing for them in their ill-fated Premiership adventure and he looked woefully inadequate at that level - tried hard, but didn''t seem to have any real finesse or even a great deal of aerial presence for such a big lad. Now it seems he can''t even cut it at Championship level, yet we''re prepared to blow half a million plus for someone who is going to be released in the summer anyway? How desperate is Grant, exactly?If you look at some of the signings other teams have made (Gary Roberts and Michael Kightly being two excellent examples), there is clearly plenty of young talent in the lower leagues, and even at Conference level and below (Freddy Eastwood, anyone?). Surely our scouts could find a young, hungry and prolific striker at League Two level or below who is absolutely desperate to make it at a higher level, on lower wages and for a lower transfer fee? I don''t think that Brown is really a long-term growth investment for future profit!Still, assuming the signing goes through, let''s get behind the lad and hope that he can turn his career around - sometimes all people need is a change of environment to fulfil their potential. I don''t want to doom him to failure from the start, but it doesn''t seem a very ambitious signing for a club that still has the Green transfer money available and was fully prepared to spend £2m on Cotterill at the end of August... or have those funds been subsumed into stabilising our debts?

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="sheded"]

watching a 16 yr old girl get  " roasted "   , and taping it ......

[/quote]

Actually you don''t know for fact that she was sixteen or that Chris Brown was involved
[/quote]

I`ve read the Sun report { Dec 7th 06 }    , where his name was printed   ,  it also  says he was holding   some sort of cam  , and giving a running commentary ..... the girl { Stevie }   said she was 16  , and didn`t know the sex acts were being filmed  ......

Right then ...  IF  Brown  WASN`T  involved  , then why didn`t he sue the Sun  for libel  ?   could it be that he was afraid   of  the Suns  lawyer   exposing  stuff he`d rather  not  want the public to hear   ?     its likely  he would eventually win the  case  IF he wasn`t there  , but , by then , the Sun would  have  roasted HIM   with  pages of   seedy  stuff  !   

You can bet the clubs lawyers  advised against taking any action  , and that Keane  made sure he was  to be sold off ASAP   .....

The question is ....   we already  have a reputation  of being a sort of dustbin   for rejects  , why add to it ?    half a mil   for a pinhead  who thinks it funny to  fire  a paintball gun at people  from a car !   I have  fired these myself   , and  that required  everybody to wear overalls , helmets  and  eye protectors ,   they CAN  blind people ! 

Surely we can do better than HIM ?

[quote user="sheded"]

half a mil   for a pinhead  who thinks it funny to  fire  a paintball gun at people  from a car !   I have  fired these myself   , and  that required  everybody to wear overalls , helmets  and  eye protectors ,   they CAN  blind people ! 

[/quote]

...indeed, as perfectly illustrated on Biker Grove when PJ went blind after being shot in the face with a paintball gun...

"I canne see! Me eyes! I canne see!"

Classic...

I played paintball once... hated it.

I have come to the conclusion that this Chris fella sounds like a complete t*sser and I agree with Sheded - why the f*ck are we spending over 500k on him? I wonder if he has the talent to back up his arrogant lifestyle?

That''ll be a no then.

[quote user="sheded"]

I have  fired these myself   , and  that required  everybody to wear overalls , helmets  and  eye protectors ,   they CAN  blind people ! 

[/quote]

Spot on Sheded. Did he never watch Byker Grove!

[quote user="sheded"]

I`ve read the Sun report { Dec 7th 06 }    , where his name was printed   ,  it also  says he was holding   some sort of cam  , and giving a running commentary ..... the girl { Stevie }   said she was 16  , and didn`t know the sex acts were being filmed  ......

Right then ...  IF  Brown  WASN`T  involved  , then why didn`t he sue the Sun  for libel  ?   could it be that he was afraid   of  the Suns  lawyer   exposing  stuff he`d rather  not  want the public to hear   ?     its likely  he would eventually win the  case  IF he wasn`t there  , but , by then , the Sun would  have  roasted HIM   with  pages of   seedy  stuff  !   

You can bet the clubs lawyers  advised against taking any action  , and that Keane  made sure he was  to be sold off ASAP   .....

The question is ....   we already  have a reputation  of being a sort of dustbin   for rejects  , why add to it ?    half a mil   for a pinhead  who thinks it funny to  fire  a paintball gun at people  from a car !   I have  fired these myself   , and  that required  everybody to wear overalls , helmets  and  eye protectors ,   they CAN  blind people ! 

Surely we can do better than HIM ?

[/quote]

At least he isnt here for the wind-surfing.....  Or for Delia''s tasty pies like other jackasses that will fortunatly be gone in a few months time.

As for the paintballing - having gone many times yearsw ago I was thinking the same, people have been blinded by not wearing goggles or being fired at randomly... 

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/10338238/detail.html?subid=22100484&qs=1;bp=t

hopefully he will grow up - otherwise we may have just signed another jackass.

I played paintball once... hated it      mbncfc 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Only once ?  aww ... did  you get peppered  [:''(]    ?     happens  to all the sprogs  [:P]  

[quote user="sheded"]

I played paintball once... hated it      mbncfc 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Only once ?  aww ... did  you get peppered  [:''(]    ?     happens  to all the sprogs  [:P]  

[/quote]

Yep, we''d get send out on our missions, mine being over within 185 seconds each time. The following 20 minutes wait for the game to finish got a bit boring by the fourth time.

If only I had the excuse of youth on my side at the time...

And why are there always butch Aussies standing in the streets trying to sell you paint ball afternoons? It doesn''t happen with karting... [^o)]

Yes she was 16 years old and yes browny was involved FACT He is great at running around pretending to be tough and getting booked  while actually not really doing a lot at all .... ENJOY