Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Some of you posters are in Dreamland!

if you look at the acoounts you will also see that nxt season parchute payments run out and unless we invest wisely we could be in trouble. nigel worthington''s idea to keep 1st division players on premier wages for the 1st season in championship has not helped. the value of the club may well be more however we are not looking to sell the club. what we need to be looking at is profit and capital not the value of the club, the value.

oh and i think you wil find with the money spent on the jarrold stand and players delia has not made anything from the club. this club is in debt so a lot of the profit we mde on ashton etc will be demanded from banks to pay off some of our debt

[quote user="Cobain18"]oh and i think you wil find with the money spent on the jarrold stand and players delia has not made anything from the club. this club is in debt so a lot of the profit we mde on ashton etc will be demanded from banks to pay off some of our debt[/quote]

The vast majority of the clubs borrowing is by way of term loans and as such is not repayable on demand.

The majority share holders will make a considerable amount given the balance sheet position when they bought the club and its position today. We won’t sell the club but they could as they have the majority share holding .

The cash position of the club will undoubtedly worsen given the end of the parachute payments but has it escaped your attention that there is something of a deathly silence surrounding the current planning application for the next stage of residential development?

NCFC (Holdings) ltd and Kerrison Holdings Ltd contain some rather interesting aspects for the medium term future of our club.

no doubt all of these things are true, im not making out we''re going bankrupt im just saying that we''re not in megabucks and i think the board invested a lot in worthington. A lot of supporters seem to think we can afford expensive players; we are a championship side protecting our future financially while having signed players like earnshaw, safri, huckerby, drury just to name a few players still with us. sometimes ppl just tend to be too harsh on the board and delia

Well said!

Give the Board and Peter Grant time and patience and it will pay in the long term. I''d much rather have Delia and Michael running this club with an intelligent and forward thinking manager such as Peter than perhaps many, many other setups at clubs in the Championship (Ken Bates and Dennis Wise anyone?)

With regard to predicting that a new signing, or any new signing for that matter, will just not be up to the mark before he''s set foot on the hallowed turf, well thats just plain laughable, you never know, if perhaps ALL the negative, revellers in doom were maybe, just maybe, willing to open their minds a little and back ALL the players that wear the shirt of the team they ''support'' the performances on the pitch might reward their faith?

[quote user="Cobain18"]

no doubt all of these things are true, im not making out we''re going bankrupt im just saying that we''re not in megabucks and i think the board invested a lot in worthington. A lot of supporters seem to think we can afford expensive players; we are a championship side protecting our future financially while having signed players like earnshaw, safri, huckerby, drury just to name a few players still with us. sometimes ppl just tend to be too harsh on the board and delia

[/quote]

But what annoys the life out of me is the spin Doomcaster is employed to spread around the place.  The followings points have been raised several times before on other threads bit for the sake of a balanced argument I’ll touch on one or two again as the ‘Saint Delia’ and ‘Little Norwich’ line makes me absolutely seethe

You are quite correct in stating notable signings have been made in the past but let’s take a closer look on how these were enabled.

Around three years ago the club launched the second of its two share issues, from the proceeds the club were able to make the signing of Darren Huckerby permanent together with Sveny and Leon and it could be argued gave the impetuous to see us promoted,  happy days indeed.

From the time we got promotion the board of directors failed to back their manager to enable the signing of the players we needed to try and keep us in the premiership, namely a certain Dean Ashton.  Two years ago at the AGM we were told by the chairman that although Dean Ashton would have come to the club in the summer they were at that stage uncertain of the full extent of TV revenues so would not commit to his purchase.  Instead it was the cancellation of Geoffrey Watling’s loan to the club upon his very sad death coupled with us share holders choosing not to redeem their shares that enabled the club to sign Dean Ashton in January.

Answer me this, do you think Dean Ashton would have scored just one gaol in one of the many games that we drew before Christmas because that cost the club both its place in the Premiership and the millions that go with it?  All because they were uncertain of the full extent of the TV revenues, does that really strike you as ambition?

From there we were able to sell dean Ashton and of course sign Earnie but importantly had the two things that enabled Dean Ashton to sign not happened of which neither was anything to do with Smith & Jones or the board then Uncle Peter Thorne would have been left to bang then in, hello Division One me thinks!

Based on the above it is my belief they should face a vote of no confidence but I’m equally sure the next AGM will be the same sycophant’s ball as the last one.  Far too many people do not fully appreciate what has actually happened to our club since we achieved promotion unfortunately and its all there in black and white in the accounts.