Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Some of you posters are in Dreamland!

The amount of crap be placed on this board at the moment in unbearable.  People wanting the board out (as usually) and people saying for Delia to make funds available.......Do you actually realise how much time and money Delia and Co have put into Norwich, Near £ 7 Million pound has been invested into Norwich, Delia''s personnal wealth currently stands at £15 Million. Do you realise is isn''t Abramovich? 

If we were owned by someone like Alan Sugar (Spurs) or Vladimar Romanov (Hearts) then i could understand people moaning for more funds. Sugar and Romanov can afford to splash out a bit considering Sugar is worth around £1 Billion and Romanov is worth £200 Million, and along with the Sullivans, Morgans, Abramovichs and Glazers of this world who have money to burn, giving funding is like giving out 10p pieces of the streets. Delia is not a rich director.

She has a wealth of £15 Millions minus a good defender, midfielder, striker and say that totals £5 Million, she has cut her wealth by a 3rd. and if these 3 players fail, would has she got back for her money....Nothing. She may be rich but she isn''t stupid (And I imagine she is funding some of Grant''s transfer money)

The next point i''d like to make is one of new players. We seems to have a complex on this forum where some posters (Not all) think that If a targetted player isn''t a household name, he''s going to be awful. David Marshall for instance, people have called him a dud and said why buy him, but we need to expand the squad and just because you haven''t heard of him doesn''t mean he''s awful. Also Chris Brown, to be fair i''m nervous about signing him, but we need a striker and he is available.Another important point is the fact that players ain''t as available in the real world  as they are on Championship manager or LMA or whatever''s your poison. Some posters seems to think everyone is available.

Too many posters on this forum are armchair managers and think that cause Delia owns the clubs she''s got Millions upon Million to threw around without concern where actually she hasn''t. If you had £15 Million, how much would you spend on players who may or may not turn out good, how much would you spend?

So i ask you, the posters who moan and whine about everything from the board to the half time sausage rolls, to post some more constructive posts than ''SACK GRANT NOW'' or ''CHRIS BROWN, WHAT A LOADS OF BOLLOCKS'' cause this board is becoming very stale with crap posts to read.

Come on you yellows

TomNCFC

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

The amount of crap be placed on this board at the moment in unbearable.  People wanting the board out (as usually) and people saying for Delia to make funds available.......Do you actually realise how much time and money Delia and Co have put into Norwich, Near £ 7 Million pound has been invested into Norwich, Delia''s personnal wealth currently stands at £15 Million. Do you realise is isn''t Abramovich? 

If we were owned by someone like Alan Sugar (Spurs) or Vladimar Romanov (Hearts) then i could understand people moaning for more funds. Sugar and Romanov can afford to splash out a bit considering Sugar is worth around £1 Billion and Romanov is worth £200 Million, and along with the Sullivans, Morgans, Abramovichs and Glazers of this world who have money to burn, giving funding is like giving out 10p pieces of the streets. Delia is not a rich director.

She has a wealth of £15 Millions minus a good defender, midfielder, striker and say that totals £5 Million, she has cut her wealth by a 3rd. and if these 3 players fail, would has she got back for her money....Nothing. She may be rich but she isn''t stupid (And I imagine she is funding some of Grant''s transfer money)

The next point i''d like to make is one of new players. We seems to have a complex on this forum where some posters (Not all) think that If a targetted player isn''t a household name, he''s going to be awful. David Marshall for instance, people have called him a dud and said why buy him, but we need to expand the squad and just because you haven''t heard of him doesn''t mean he''s awful. Also Chris Brown, to be fair i''m nervous about signing him, but we need a striker and he is available.Another important point is the fact that players ain''t as available in the real world  as they are on Championship manager or LMA or whatever''s your poison. Some posters seems to think everyone is available.

Too many posters on this forum are armchair managers and think that cause Delia owns the clubs she''s got Millions upon Million to threw around without concern where actually she hasn''t. If you had £15 Million, how much would you spend on players who may or may not turn out good, how much would you spend?

So i ask you, the posters who moan and whine about everything from the board to the half time sausage rolls, to post some more constructive posts than ''SACK GRANT NOW'' or ''CHRIS BROWN, WHAT A LOADS OF BOLLOCKS'' cause this board is becoming very stale with crap posts to read.

Come on you yellows

TomNCFC

[/quote]

"SACK TomNCFC, NOW!".......

There''s another crap post for you to read..........and react to.

The SACK GRANT NOW, seeems to appear alot.

Thats normally ronbol ronbol and him alone where you see that.

I believe 1st wiz and cluck are constructive with their posts and in that case im very happy for them to post topics and wish they would continue, because its viewpoints.

HOWEVER

Those with the classy CAPS-LOCK who scream SACK GRANT, THE BOARD NOW I DONT KNOW WHY BUT IT SEEMS TO BE THE ''IN'' THING TO DO RIGHT NOW!!! do annoy me...

meh..

hogesar!!

If Delia has not got the dough to cope with a club of this stature she and her old man should get on their tandem and take a ride.It seems she is the one in dreamland.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice reply! How can you sack me, I don''t work for Norwich

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Come on you yellows

TomNCFC

[/quote]

What ARE you on about Tom?

I don''t give a toss how much Delia''s personal fortune is.....but I DO care about the starvation diet she and her cronies have inflicted on the club. She is entrusted with the fate of NCFC...a job she willingly took on....and it is for her and her fellow cronies to sort it out. No more excuses...no more bleating from the sheep that support her....just action.............

[quote user="Tom NCFC"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice reply! How can you sack me, I don''t work for Norwich

[/quote] You should........

I trust you have the money to buy her out AND invest in the club or you know a mythical person who has. And as for the frankly libellous statements about her from smudger and co , they are the ones in dreamland

[quote user="ricky knight"]If Delia has not got the dough to cope with a club of this stature she and her old man should get on their tandem and take a ride.It seems she is the one in dreamland.[/quote]

And how many Multi-billionaires are queueing up to invest their vast wealth into NCFC and replace them? Get real we can''t afford to splash millions about on players like some posters on here seem to think. Now is that lack of ambition or just reality rearing its ugly head?

Good post and one that is worth reading. I come on here to see what people have to say every now and again but lately its been the same old s**t. Sack Grant! some people must to mad to think that their just going to sack him when he hasn''t even signed anyone. At least give him till the end of the season because the moaning is doing everyone’s head in.

[quote user="dougal"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]If Delia has not got the dough to cope with a club of this stature she and her old man should get on their tandem and take a ride.It seems she is the one in dreamland.[/quote]

And how many Multi-billionaires are queueing up to invest their vast wealth into NCFC and replace them? Get real we can''t afford to splash millions about on players like some posters on here seem to think. Now is that lack of ambition or just reality rearing its ugly head?

[/quote]

well lets try asking and find out, if Delia was such a fan as made out she would want the best for the club and she cant give it, she has done her bit but bless her heart her time has gone. If she put city up for sale and no takers came across, then we at least know we are stuck with what we got.

She had just over £20m on the last rich persons list, just about the same as her hubby so thats £40m between them ( plus no kids to spne it on)

Drowny 123

People are just really frustrated hence all the moaning. If we bought 2 players in the transfer window, even players without any sort of name, and the side went on a 10 game unbeaten run, everyone would be happy again. It''s just 2.5 years of disappointment is reaching its zenith and many people are beginning to think this month is our last chance of salvation. It''s nonsense of course. Grant will never turn the club around this month. He can merely begin planning to turn the club around. Things won''t improve until the end of the season at least, when a load of the dead wood are out of contract and will be finding themselves unemployed like Philip Mulryne. Once they''re gone, wages will be available to begin all over again, keeping the good players we already have . I have full faith we will get back to the Premiership, it''ll just be another 3 - 5 years in all probability - hopefully with a few cup runs and playoff flirtations along the way.

Dear lord, where do I start with this other than to observe the spin machine at Carrow Road is possibly the most effective aspect of the clubs management structure.

Where do these views come from as anybody who has the time to come up with a post like that must surely have the time to access the most recent set of accounts and run their nose around them? 

As I sit her trying to offer some sort of balanced counter argument I am left with the unwavering feeling I might as well throw my season ticket out of the bedroom window and do something else with my weekends as if people actually believe this to be true we are damned to a mediocre football club for a very long time indeed.

None the less let’s try and summarise matters.  Since the club achieved promotion the board of directors elected to not spend much of the massive increase in incomes, rather they allowed for very healthy balance sheet growth and even without the last parachute payment the club has seen is balance sheet grow by nearly £8m pounds of which Smith & Jones own over 57%.

By the time the next set of accounts lands on our doorsteps it is entirely possible this figure will be nearer the £10m mark which is wholly becoming of the ‘little Norwich’ mentality they have spun upon the fans?  Or there again maybe not

The club does have a multi million pound term loan, so what?  If my house is worth £500k and I have a £250k mortgage and you know what, I would still be feeling fairly comfortable.

For far to long people have taken as read the drivel put out by Doomcaster and the supposedly perilous state of our club, are we to believe the accounts are inaccurate because if not somebody hasn’t been telling the truth its either clubs accountants or Doomcaster, which one is it?

We haven’t got a hope, night night one and all

Tom,

Good post, adding some finanial reality to the situation with Norwich City FC and the funds which Delia and the board can make avaliable to buy players.

Good to have someone not just moaning because we''re not (can''t) sign players who are household names.

Drowny

I think that just about sums it up. Unfortunately we do not have and as far as I can see are unlikely to have a big money backer in the near future. Some money has clearly been made available this window, lets just hope it`s not based on expected income from Ernie.I personally think he will stay, albeit dispite whats going on rather than because of it.

There are a few posters on here who have a childlike view of the world and write and probably behave as such.Unfortunately they are begining to dominate the boards, thats probably because other people cant be bothered or are too fed up to post themselves.

As for the extreme negative views, they just become more predictable and self defeating but fine if they want to continue. I suspect that there are more than a few scum fans lurking behind those posts.There are some who have clearly followed City in the past and like to wax lyrical about the good old days, but it would seem no longer go to matches, hate the chairman, hate the board, hate most of the other fans who post positive messages on here and also hate most of the players. With that set of opinions it`s hard to call yourself a fan.

Grant is stuck with what he has got, Chadwick should prove to be a very good signing, as for Brown time will tell. Hopefully this well spell the end for Thorn, and the financial drain he puts on the Club.Brown will undoubtedly benefit from being around Dion but I cant see any prospect of instant success. 

I am dissapointed with the financial position. We were led to believe that when we went into the Premiership we had made proper contractual arrangements with the players so that if we were relegated we could deal with the wage bill. That doesnt seem to have come true and we are saddled not only with high wage bills but also paying quality wages for some journeymen players 

I am afraid to say that this post is naive in the extreme. The real issues are around the guardianship of our club.

However you try to cut it we have gone backwards in the last two years or so, despite all of the talk coming out CR when we got promoted to the Prem - "Onwards and upwards", "European football in 5 years", we now find ourselves 17th in the Championship, the sort of position we were in when NW took the reigns, hardly "onwards and upwards", added to this the NCFC "spin machine" is now telling us that promotion to the Prem was an "over achievment"!! and is being used as a reason for the financial situation we find ourselves in.

Turning to the sort of players we are going after, I totally accept we are not going to be able to attract and afford "top notch" stars and I have absolutely no problem with players such as Chadwick and Marshall coming to the club, I do not even have a problem with Chris Brown (apart from the alleged size of the transfer fee), but we should be able to compete for players with a proven track record in the Championship shouldn`t we?

As I have said before this is a pivotal season for Norwich City Football Club, the Prem parachute money runs out and despite what the NCFC spin machine says the loss of £7m pound revenue has to be accounted for somewhere doesn`t it? We really should be aiming to get in the Prem this season as the gulf between the Prem and the rest of the leagues is about to get a whole lot wider as a result of the increased revenue being pumped in by Sky.

Our financial position is perhaps more precarious than a lot of fans realise, so add this to all of the above you can undersatnd why even "les reasonable" fans such as myself are rather concerned at the moment.

Absolutely thefuture, of course, though characterised by the

free-thinking mavericks here as idiots, mugs and fools (any chance of a

post smearer, smudger, whatever, that doesn''t call someone else an

idiot?) there does exist a group of people here that believe the

process of change has started, some players in who might turn out to be

valuable buys (let''s wait and see a la DD) and some deadwood out. At

the moment we''re still a mid-table side and though the doom mongers

would have us involved in a relegation struggle, that seems unlikely. I

prefer to think that we shall make some decent signings, Chadwick is

one and though this season is probably a write off, next is one to look

forward to. Not fast enough for some, but much as we all regret it,

players have not performed well enough to warrent the wages they''re on

and it takes time to put those mistakes right if you don''t have

billions to throw at the problem. As for the calls for Delia to sell up

and ship out, any and every business is for sale if the price is right.

NCFC is no different and if a decent offer came in Dela wouldn''t refuse

to sell. This conception that the club has become a plaything for Delia

is ridiculous, the fact is that DS and JWJ have spent more than they

might possibly have gained through publicity.  It''s been a fairly

miserable time for a couple of seasons now, but clubs go up and down,

tis the nature of the game and we''ll be on the up again sooner rather

than later IMO, no need for complete despondancy yet.

Good post I think a lot of people seem to have lost grip on reality.  What I don''t understand is why people are moaning about Delia not putting her personal fortune in, why the hell should she we are not a charity, we are a business and businesses have to balance the books rather than hoping they will get bailed out.  People just don''t seem to have a grip on real world money and think we should spend £x here there and everywhere.  I will put it in simpleton terms you mum gives you £2 pocket money with that you are not going to be able to buy car more like a pack of sweets and a can of pop.

We had one good season and a good run of 6 games at the end of the next and everyone thinks we''re good all of a sudden.  What else did we do in the last 10 years?  On the Championship season I went to Highfield Road and on the way out the home fans were chanting at me on the way back to the car "you''re just a one season wonder"  how right they were!

[quote user="hogesar"]

The SACK GRANT NOW, seeems to appear alot.

Thats normally ronbol ronbol and him alone where you see that.

I believe 1st wiz and cluck are constructive with their posts and in that case im very happy for them to post topics and wish they would continue, because its viewpoints.

HOWEVER

Those with the classy CAPS-LOCK who scream SACK GRANT, THE BOARD NOW I DONT KNOW WHY BUT IT SEEMS TO BE THE ''IN'' THING TO DO RIGHT NOW!!! do annoy me...

meh..

hogesar!!

[/quote]does it get to you that i am not a sheep - or I do not follow the crowd.I tell it as i see it and if I am one of only a few to have a set of B**LOCKS to say it, then so be it.Trust me i am not the only one saying it, I speak to many people on matchdays and they are of the same opinion. They just don''t express it as I do.and just for you SACK GRANT NOW

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]does it get to you that i am not a sheep - or I do not follow the crowd.I tell it as i see it and if I am one of only a few to have a set of B**LOCKS to say it, then so be it.Trust

me i am not the only one saying it, I speak to many people on matchdays

and they are of the same opinion. They just don''t express it as I do.and just for you SACK GRANT NOW[/quote]

It''s got little to do with balls and more to do with brains that

everyone else isn''t shouting Grant out. How brave is it to write

annonymously on a message board?! You''ve become a parody of yourself

good post, the board are doing their best within their finaincial constraints. delia has invested millions in this club - there are not many ppl who would be willing to even consider that without comprimising the clubs future. some ppl have to get more reality and realise the constraints we have to work in

[quote user="Cobain18"]good post, the board are doing their best within their finaincial constraints. delia has invested millions in this club - there are not many ppl who would be willing to even consider that without comprimising the clubs future. some ppl have to get more reality and realise the constraints we have to work in[/quote]

Financial constraints? For heavens sake just look at the accounts, the value of our club has rocketed in the last two years by nearly £8m and still the vast majority of supporters are under some sort of illusion we are absolutely skint!

Who is the beneficiary of this growth should they want to sell their controlling interest? The majority share holders

Christov - A naive response to a naive post. I do not expect Delia and Co to put her hand into her own pocket, I just want to know what happened to "onwards and upwards" etc. The fact that you buy all of this "one good season" nonsense just shows how well the NCFC spin machine is working. The Coventry fans were right in their chant but that is the point - We should not have been "one season wonders". I accept that last 10 seasons have been lean but that is no reason to expect more of the same, quite the reverse in fact. The younger posters need to look at the reasons why we had 10 fallow years and realise there is a real possibility of history repeating itself....