Sign in to follow this  
cundyno1

Brown Signs!!

Hopefully the kid will bang some goals in for us and also create a few for earnie, at least this frees up Dion to return to centre of defence,

As a poster who has wanted us to sign a targetman for a year I am happy to welcome Chris Brown to our club. He sounds pleased to be joining Norwich but I guess all players say the same things when joining new clubs.

I can''t remember much about him from the the game at Carrow Road in Novemeber but I do remember him causing DD a few problems. I for one hope he is succesfull here.

So thats a targetman sorted! We already have Chadwick, and it looks like the goalkeeper could be sorted too. For me that just leaves our main signing to come.. a quality midfielder!

Im not sure dion will go to central defence but i rele hope ur right, it would be the best option and btw its good to see someone not putting down brown before hes even played for us

He does have a striking similarity to E.T though. well, he has that magic finger.

Check out the photo on the official site :-p

i personally think this is another bad signing but in saying that i hope the boy gets an early goal and goes on a run, i just wish we had more ambition as a club. dont seem thats going to happen anytime soon.

Yes and also lets give the boy a fair crack of the whip - some Norwich supporters on here have a nasty habit of slagging off players just because they are not well known and the last thing we want is for him to feel he has made the wrong choice.

Fits the look of our squad.

Explains the lack of signings - its difficult to find players that are ugly enough. (just look at the nose)

earshaw, chadwick, huckerby (huge nose), brown (huge nose), the doc

(looks about 30 years older than he is), croft (eyes) and yousef''s

amazingly cubic head.

its a surprise anyone will take to the pitch against then.

I jest, but maybe it should be looked into.

you''re right bomber, i also think the last thing we need is to deprive the lad of confiedence before he''s even kicked a ball for us. he will inevitably perform worse for us if he gets booed as its harder to played while being booed by your own fans. so come on guys let''s give him a chance!

Sunderland fans rate him as a very poor player with a bad attitude, sounds like another crap signing by us, i will give him a big cheer come saturday but i honestly think we should be aiming higher

To the people who claim ''he is a bad signing for us''

How do you know? A bit of talk from sunderland fans? Please...

Give the guy a chance FFS, everyone is moaning when we done sign players, we sign someone and thats not right.  Look at the values other strikers are going for Vine £2.5m (way overpriced), Redknapp said Eastwood has a £4m price tag on him.  We really don''t have that much cash in the coffers.  He has an excellent players in DD to learn from, give him a chance

for a start 325,000 tells me in todays market we aint getting much, we should be looking at vine, eastwood, easter of wycombe, proven goalscorers at any level, this guy has not proven nout.

Well down Grant you''ve really pulled of a coup here, a player who cant even get a regular place with Sunderland!! he must be good.Smacks of Robinson all over again...Doh!2 Players we''re interested in, the quality one signs for Sheff Utd, we sign the dud!And I''m not blaming the player.....this really shows our ambition!Dear oh dear

If Sunderland fans say that he is crap then the chances are he is crap. The odd negative comment I could live with but this is not the case. If Hughes, Robinson, Henderson, Thorne, etc. were to move to another club and their fans came here to read about them, then they would get a pretty good idea of what they were signing.

And the fact that Worthington was interested certainly does nothing to improve my initial opinion of our new signing. We all know what a good judge of player he was!

However, as with any new signing, he''ll get a least a dozen or so games before I fully make up my mind. It is up to him to prove what he is capable of.

[quote user="Dionysus"]

And the fact that Worthington was interested certainly does nothing to improve my initial opinion of our new signing. We all know what a good judge of player he was!

[/quote]

Well maybe we employ a "Transfer Fairy" sometimes, as obviously Worthington didn''t sign Huckerby, Earnshaw, Dublin and Croft. So perhaps Brown could be one of those????

I don''t think you can read too much into Brown''s goalscoring stats at Sunderland. Take Mike Sheron as an example - truely appalling for us - so just wonder what Stoke fans were thinking when they signed him? Two years later Sheron has scored a shed load of goals for Stoke and was flogged for a couple of million to QPR (if my memory serves me right).

The point is, none of us know how good Brown is going to be. But I for one am pleased that the club is looking for bargains in the transfer market - and the only bargains available will be unknowns. Why? Just look at how much Vine went for today - £2.5 M!! Totally over the top! Unknowns will be hungry and out to make a point - and if they flop - they''ll be a cheap flop, as oppossed to an expensive one! I say it again: were fans outraged when we bought unknowns like Bryan Gunn, Mark Bowen, Ian Crook, Steve Bruce, Andy Linighan, Andy Townsend to the club? Of course not - and they all proved to be excellent signings for next to no money. That is the way forward. I''d rather a Craig Brown than another Peter Thorne - he''ll be on half the wage of Thorne for starters!