Yes, thank-you PG, a target man at long last! Hopefully now we''ll see Doc out, and DD at the back on a regular basis.

Oh, and for those of you who are dissapointed that we haven''t signed a 20 goal a season player, what did you expect? Don''t get on this guy''s back before he has even started- him and Earnie could be a great combination.

And what if he''s not. For all you know he could be rubbish. You''ll be good enough to let us know when we can start to question the quality of this signing.

here here dont get on his back, welcome him for a change and lets let this guy fit in without having to fit in with the crowd, let him do what he can do before we get on his back

Signing a player who''s not even a regular for a mediocre Fizzy league team. I''ve spoken to a mate who is a Mackem season ticket holder and he cant believe that they actually got that size of fee for the bloke, sorry thats doesnt fill me full of confidence!Of course I will cheer him on, its not the players fault, but my god how low are we gonna let our targets drop!Its makes me laugh how people are getting all excited about the signing......have we not all been here before..many times!We are going backwards all the time........

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]And what if he''s not. For all you know he could be rubbish. You''ll be good enough to let us know when we can start to question the quality of this signing.[/quote]

You critisize thorpe for being positive about a new signing, but yourself are not prepared to look at both sides, you are totally negaitive.

This messageboard makes me laugh sometimes. People ask for signings, we get signings, they complain, its then the managers fault for signing these sort of players, the same person you''d blame if we signed nobody when it is actually the board who decide what we can afford to spend.

We know we arent in a situation to spend 3 million on vine or eastwood, we know that in a straight race players are going to join prem or higher based champiuonship clubs. Accept the fact that a lower half championship club is not going to attract players with premiership ability, even if we could afford them in the first place.

You wanted a targetman, you want someone with potential, you want someone who isnt ridiculously priced. Chris Brown fits all 3. Be bloody happy

From what i can understand some fans are expecting us to go out and beat off premiership lcubs to the signature of good players worth £4 million. Of course, Rowan Vine, Freddy Eastwood, Cameron Jerome are going to chose to leave premiership bound clus or join NCFC ahead of Portsmouth or Birmingham.

Wake up, WE ARE NOT CHELSEA, WE ARE NOT PREMIER LEAGUE

Of course I understand the fact the because of our lowly league position we are not exactly an attractive proposition for any real quality players at the moment. I know we are not in a position to go out and sign someone for £2/3 mill.What I was trying to get at is the fact we''ve signed a player from another mid table Championship side, who cant even get in their first team!Would you be happy if we signed 2/3 players of the Robinson/Hughes level? of course you wouldnt. I was trying to emphasis that based on fact ie Sunderland fans opinion/Hull fan''s opinion this guy is a below par Championship player who is no better than the level of quality we already have in Hughes/Robinson/McVeigh! Does that make you happy? sorry but it doesnt make me happy.I''d rather see an up & coming League 1 even 2 player whos a shining light at their respective club, looking to step up a level and is a realistic target for us!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]And what if he''s not. For all you know he could be rubbish. You''ll be good enough to let us know when we can start to question the quality of this signing.[/quote]

If i remember rightly not too many people were happy with th Matty Svensson signing.....look what happened. i also believe Charlton fans gave us the same low down as what the mackems did on Brown.

Nows not the time to be negative. Lets back him. I hope he proves people wrong!We moan with nothing happening, now we moan even with a new signing!

Lets be realistic.....whould you pay all that money for Vine and Stead? No me neither......

What sought of player do we think would wanna come here? We aint too appealing at the minute thanks too our previous manager! Give Grant time to assemble a squad he thinks will be good enough for us to do summit.

Also good move move Marshall.....definately better than Gallacher!

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

You critisize thorpe for being positive about a new signing, but yourself are not prepared to look at both sides, you are totally negaitive.

This messageboard makes me laugh sometimes. People ask for signings, we get signings, they complain, its then the managers fault for signing these sort of players, the same person you''d blame if we signed nobody when it is actually the board who decide what we can afford to spend.

We know we arent in a situation to spend 3 million on vine or eastwood, we know that in a straight race players are going to join prem or higher based champiuonship clubs. Accept the fact that a lower half championship club is not going to attract players with premiership ability, even if we could afford them in the first place.

You wanted a targetman, you want someone with potential, you want someone who isnt ridiculously priced. Chris Brown fits all 3. Be bloody happy

From what i can understand some fans are expecting us to go out and beat off premiership lcubs to the signature of good players worth £4 million. Of course, Rowan Vine, Freddy Eastwood, Cameron Jerome are going to chose to leave premiership bound clus or join NCFC ahead of Portsmouth or Birmingham.

Wake up, WE ARE NOT CHELSEA, WE ARE NOT PREMIER LEAGUE

[/quote]

I asked the question what if he''s not. I took offence at being told what to do by someone who knows nothing about this player. You are the negative one in my eye''s. As somebody who owns a sales company your we can''t do this and we can''t do that is foreign to me. I said nothing other than the fact that I believe Thorpe knows nothing of this player and that his orders to give nothing but praise for his signing was not my way. I have not slagged the boy my way is to wait and watch. Maybe you and Thorpey should do the same.