Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Kent

Pathetic.

How some of you can slate a player who has been with the club for 24 hours is disgraceful. Brown needs our support and encouragement. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing how he develops alongside Earnie, and how DD can help him.

It seems to me at the moment the majority on here wouldn''t be satisfied with any signing we make, would look at the negatives, give pathetic stats to try and back themselves up.
Dare i be positive for a moment-
We are only 9 points off the play-offs. Now most of you will come back and say "but we rubbish, we don''t have good enough players, we''re going to be relegated not promoted, sack Grant, sack the board, sack Captain Canary, sack the really tall guy who sells programmes in the Jarrold." However, cast your minds back to the start of the season(2nd in the league), if we can get back to playing like that, then 9 points is nothing. We all know how unpredictable this league can be, particularly us, but with some sort of consistency, it''s possible.
With a few more decent signings (as quality cost millions, and that''s something we don''t really have), we can push our way up the table.

Rant over.

[quote user="Andrew Kent"]

How some of you can slate a player who has been with the club for 24 hours is disgraceful. Brown needs our support and encouragement. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing how he develops alongside Earnie, and how DD can help him.

It seems to me at the moment the majority on here wouldn''t be satisfied with any signing we make, would look at the negatives, give pathetic stats to try and back themselves up.
We are only 9 points off the play-offs. Now most of you will come back and say "but we rubbish, we don''t have good enough players, we''re going to be relegated not promoted, sack Grant, sack the board, sack Captain Canary, sack the really tall guy who sells programmes in the Jarrold." However, cast your minds back to the start of the season(2nd in the league), if we can get back to playing like that, then 9 points is nothing. We all know how unpredictable this league can be, particularly us, but with some sort of consistency, it''s possible.
With a few more decent signings (as quality cost millions, and that''s something we don''t really have), we can push our way up the table.

Rant over.

[/quote]

I agree in principle. The current disenchantment and malaise around the club is such that I don''t think we''ll make it to the playoffs, BUT if good players come in and we get behind them it''s not impossible. Nine points would be unsummountable with the squad pre-January, but with a few decent additions (particularly in midifield) and if we can get some momentum going with both results and the crowd then we''ll have an outside shot.

Or we could just boo someone who''s not even played for us.

[quote user="Andrew Kent"]

Rant over.

[/quote]

These squeaky rants are getting funnier by the day........

[quote user="Canary02"][quote user="Andrew Kent"]

Rant over.

[/quote]

I agree in principle. The current disenchantment and malaise around the club is such that I don''t think we''ll make it to the playoffs, BUT if good players come in and we get behind them it''s not impossible. Nine points would be unsummountable with the squad pre-January, but with a few decent additions (particularly in midifield) and if we can get some momentum going with both results and the crowd then we''ll have an outside shot.

[/quote]

in order to turn that around and get in the playoffs we''d have to see if the teams above us slip up enough to let us in.. we can make up 9 points.. but if everyone else above us keeps winning we wont get anywhere near the playoffs will we?

Its the other end of the table that worries me, we cant pick up points consistently enough and Barnsley and Sarfends recent form has been excellent.. Leeds look Doomed but everyone from 17th down must be looking over thier shoulder

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Canary02"][quote user="Andrew Kent"]

Rant over.

[/quote]

[/quote]

in order to turn that around and get in the playoffs we''d have to see if the teams above us slip up enough to let us in.. we can make up 9 points.. but if everyone else above us keeps winning we wont get anywhere near the playoffs will we?

Its the other end of the table that worries me, we cant pick up points consistently enough and Barnsley and Sarfends recent form has been excellent.. Leeds look Doomed but everyone from 17th down must be looking over thier shoulder

[/quote]

Exactly my point and well made, Jas. It''s alright to harp on about "we''re only 9 points off" etc, but what do you expect? Teams above us to kindly say they''ll stop trying and winning, just so we can move into the playoffs? It''s not that simple! In our current plight, we could win 3 games on the trot (ie - 9 points) and still be about 13th. We''re off the pace and we have no hope this season.

Does anybody seriously think a new player is going to be booed onto the pitch before his debut? FFS grow up. Heres hoping he plays well, and scores the winner. God knows we desperately need a win.  

But how many teams above us keep winning, other than the ones at the very top, there''s been no team on an amazing run of wins. Which is exactly my point, look at Dec 2005, we won 5 on the bounce and were within touching distance, imagine 5 wins on the spin starting tomorrow?  With attitudes like yours noone would ever acheive anything. Why are we called supporters if we don''t support, we just give up and moan. For Christ''s sake lets have some sort of fighting spirit, and then the players will follow.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Andrew Kent"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And so is your dribble at every post that contains some optimisim !!!

[/quote]

Thank you. I will take that as a compliment for my realism then...........[:)]

My mistake, I read it from their official site and counted the FA Cup game absent-mindedly.

Still, for all their efforts they languish at the bottom of the table.  Awesome.

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Andrew Kent"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And so is your dribble at every post that contains some optimisim !!!

[/quote]

Thank you. I will take that as a compliment for my realism then...........[:)]

[/quote]

hehehe... hoo hoo hoo!!!

I''m sorry this whole thread is just hilarious....

Not even worth constructing a critical response to is it Cluck???  [;)]

Oh my God, I actually feel sorry for Cluck! He does at least put his posts in a thought out way even if I disagree with most of them but now he has Smudger sycophanting after his every post. I cant think of anything worse!

It''s like having the spotty weed of the class hanging onto your coat tails in the hope that because he is near you the big boys will leave him alone.

Another thread about Brown, we''ve got about 6 already why couldn''t you add to one of those?

I don''t agree with that and I think you''re tarring everyone with the same brush. I for one will give Brown total support when he wears the Norwich shirt and am certainly not going to write him off without good reason. I think I speak for a lot of people though when I say I''m disappointed that after being linked with top quality players like Pearson, Riodan and Vine we end up with a chap very few people have heard of and with a mediocre at best scoring record.

Now I hope he turns out to be a good signing but as Grant has already revealed his game is raw. We, as I''m sure you are aware, are in a bit of trouble - 17th in the division, struggling and in the last year of parachute payment. We need players who are going to make a real impact immediately. I would like the club to take an agressive stance on a top quality player they really want - identify the player and then go all out to secure the signing - even pay big money if thats what it takes. Of course I would like to see us bring in some players for the future but only after we''ve secured the players we need for the here and now and that means top quality midfielders!!! We''re short on time and money so we have to make it count - as I see it, Brown is a pretty big big gamble and it''s very debateable whether we can afford to take gambles in our situation!

Booing Brown is inexcusible, slating him before he''s played is poor form, writing him off before he''s kicked a ball is foolish but being disappointed we haven''t signed a bigger name is surely allowed provided that disappointment doesn''t manifest itself in inappropriate ways!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Love the lie about Southend''s form - they''ve won a single game in the last 7.  Truly scintillating.[/quote]

Bollo*** Chimp!!!!

they have lost 1 of their last 6 league games!

u can "love the Lie" all u want mate! lie about this.. THE PROOF! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southend_utd/results/default.stm

[/quote]

Southend may have lost 1 in 6, but they have still only won 1 in 5 (or 2 in 11).  Jas is, of course, right - but BK wasn''t far off, and it is not exactly scintillating form.  (Have to say some of their recent results are strange - they beat WBA, Soton, drew with us and Preston.....but lost to Barnsley(!)).

[quote user="cityangel"]

Another thread about Brown, we''ve got about 6 already why couldn''t you add to one of those?

[/quote]

A couple of grumbles:

1) Why do I read so many times people complaining  that someone

has started a new thread on a subject where there are existing threads?

That seems very authoritarian to me; to everyone on this site I say ''

if you want to start your own thread feel free to do so''

2) To Cluck & Smudger, why do you have to use language that

belittles everyone that does not share your view? Personally I find

your posts repetitive and irritating but that''s only my opinion. You

may be right, I may be wrong, but I do not conclude that you are as

tolerant of the views of those who do not see a world of doom &

gloom surrounding Carrow Road

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

A couple of grumbles:

1) Why do I read so many times people complaining  that someone has started a new thread on a subject where there are existing threads? That seems very authoritarian to me; to everyone on this site I say '' if you want to start your own thread feel free to do so''

2) To Cluck & Smudger, why do you have to use language that belittles everyone that does not share your view? Personally I find your posts repetitive and irritating but that''s only my opinion. You may be right, I may be wrong, but I do not conclude that you are as tolerant of the views of those who do not see a world of doom & gloom surrounding Carrow Road
[/quote]

Funny thing is...I find posts like yours boring and repetitive........cuts both way I''m afraid..........[:)] It''s just as irritating for me to read the "all''s rosy in the garden" posts....but I guess that''s what makes this forum so fluid.......

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Yellow Shrimper"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

A couple of grumbles:

1) Why do I read so many times people complaining  that someone has started a new thread on a subject where there are existing threads? That seems very authoritarian to me; to everyone on this site I say '' if you want to start your own thread feel free to do so''

2) To Cluck & Smudger, why do you have to use language that belittles everyone that does not share your view? Personally I find your posts repetitive and irritating but that''s only my opinion. You may be right, I may be wrong, but I do not conclude that you are as tolerant of the views of those who do not see a world of doom & gloom surrounding Carrow Road
[/quote]

Funny thing is...I find posts like yours boring and repetitive........cuts both way I''m afraid..........[:)] It''s just as irritating for me to read the "all''s rosy in the garden" posts....but I guess that''s what makes this forum so fluid.......

[/quote]

Yes, it does cut both ways Cluck, but the cut is more clearly visible when one views your comments as they lack imagination while focusing on one single-minded criticism of all things concerning the management of Norwich City. The fluidity of this forum, therefore, benefits very little from your inputs as they resemble a dog that continuously pees on a favourite tree. The surrounding ground is saturated. I suggest you find a different tree once in a while.