Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

City Dreams Part2

Apologies to Susieb, ney OZ, for nicking your splendid thread title. But I''ve just had a superb dream. No, not Nell McAndrew unfortunately!. But City missing out on promotion!.

What''s superb about that I hear you cry?. Well in my dream City are playing Crewe, we''re 3.0 down when the final whistle blows, thousends of fans clad in yellow and green are tearing their hair out, and much wailing is to be heard. Our beloved Delia is overcome with grief, and glares at NW. But be not afraid.

As any good dreamer knows, you always reverse your dreams, trust this old wise wizard, we''re going to do it. There is no doubt about it, it is the will of the ancient Gods I tell you.

''So let it be written, so let it be done''......

PS. Susie, How is your tooth by the way?. did the dental work go OK?.

It''s funny you should start another dreams thread Wiz because I had two last night and was going to trawl the board to find Oz''s (Sorry Susie''s ;-) thread.

Dream 1- We beat Stoke 4-1 with Zema Abbey skying a penalty MILES over the bar. What was most strange (apart from Abbey playing!) was that his squad number was 120! I know he''s a long way down the pecking order but that''s ridiculous! Having said that isn''t there a Porto player who''s squad number is 99? Anyway!

Dream 2- The Binners lost at Wimbledon! This was such big news that it made the headlines on Look East!

Hopefully both my dreams will come true!

Great dream, Wiz. No celery though! Must have been a little dull for you!
Thanks for asking about the root canal treatment. Sadly, this is yet to come...April Fool''s Day - someone''s idea of a sick joke, no doubt. If I disappear from here for a few days you can assume that I am too much of a wreck to type anything or am still asleep having more City dreams as the sedation won''t have worn off.
I had a brief glimpse last night of Leon hitting in a screamer, close to the ground, from outside the box at the N & P end. He was then crushed by the weight of players jumping on top of him and had to be stretchered off! Any interpretations of that one then?

Guess what everyone I had a dream last night about all you regulars on here.I dreamt that you all bought lots of those raffle tickets that our club are sending out because you know 1st prize is a romantic meal with my Hucks and if you win you would want to give the prize to me,his biggest fan.Then I woke up and thought no,those posters probably dont love me that much or do they?

It depends, cityangel, on whether you could persuade Hucks to phone Mr. Crouch and get him to visit Norfolk so I could interview him over dinner (as in the first dream I had on the first ''City Dreams'' thread). If you could make this happen so my dream comes true and he ends up refusing to go back to Villa, and I win the raffle, then the prize is your''s!

my dream was shocking, cant post it to xxx rated, im going to bed thinking about Norwich, and end having *** with the players..

Tell you what susie,if you win the raffle and let me have the prize I will spend the whole evening persuading Hucks that he needs to be influencing Crouchy to pack his bags and join us.Well the bit of the evening in the restaurant anyway!!
Seriously though as soon as we are promoted I will start a buy Crouchy campaign and you regulars know what I''m like when I get focussed on something I want to happen. If you dont, read through the Will he, Wont he sign, posts over December and you''ll know that I never give up when I want something so badly and I want Crouch.

City Angel: Its got nothing to do with love girl, my heart belongs to my stunning missus, but if I do win, you can have mine, I''m on a diet anyway and because well, you deserve it for keeping the faith. Just don''t tire him out OK!. Mind you if it was with Delia, in red leather and a bullwhip, no chance!.

Thanks Wizard,knew you would help me out,promise not to tire him out( wish I was 20 years younger!)

city angel, all this dreaming is causing you to become self-delusional again regarding your influence on the Huckerby signing. That''s now history. Please don''t start to make the same mistake on Crouch. Many posters have expressed the same thought of the desire to have Crouch on board and, again, none are more aware of the needs ( and what they would like to do about it ) than the group of people that manages Norwich City. You are very good at being positive on this board. Please show the same passion for a little thing called humility.

Yankee,
Glad to see you are feeling better and having a go at me at long last.Thought you were going soft on me as not a challenge from you since mid Jan and I was missing our war of words.
Now I''ve looked up humility in my dictionary(not being so well eduacated as yourself) and it says meek,so I looked up meek and it says submissive and gentle.Well I am a gentle person Yankee but submissive me, never,would never give up the cause without a good fight especially if its something I believe in.
As for Hucks he made it clear at the forum recently that the fans played a big part in his decision to sign for us, so I''ll take some of the credit and rest my case because as you say thats history. As for Crouchy,if letters,emails,energy and passion would play a part in getting him here I would do the same thing all over again,sorry!

cityangel, I have become one of your biggest fans ( although I never could achieve the lofty heights that 1st Wizard operates at ), not because of your views on Darren Huckerby or Crouch but, rather, because of the very positive attitude that comes across in most of your posts. I support your enthusiasm for signing these players. That''s not my issue. My issue is, and always will be, to encourage and influence those that I like and interface with in my life to lessen the desire to express their self-importance and be more modest in their assessment of their own achievements ( a little less of the "I" word and a little more of the "We" ). Let others commend your efforts. In the last few days you have written a number of posts referring to your role as it relates to what occurred in December and what you are now going to do regarding Crouch. Let Wizard or some other fan ( even me ) play the trumpet for you. No need for you to pick it up. Incidentally, when you go from one word to another in a dictionary it can lead to a meaning that is totally different than what was intended. I would not expect you to be meek, submissive or even gentle as it relates to the use of this board. The context of "humility" in my post was, as it relates to "humble", to lessen one''s own importance and be more modest.

i am getting continually tired of your digs at city angel, yankee

for god''s sake, i was at the forum she mentions

and

HE STATED (WERE YOU THERE?) THAT THE FANS HAD A HUGE PART IN GETTING HIM TO SIGN

we, yes, we (thousands of us) were instrumental in him signing for city and he (above all others) has ensured we lead the division now, and have done since december, we started our season proper with the loan signings of hucks and crouch and CA is quite within her rights to say we need crouchy for the run in. I personally don''t think we do, but would not come on here to say, hey, you are wrong, cos, after all, this is a message board where opinions (not always facts) count

why should city angel be ''modest'' or anything else for that matter, she is simply putting points as she sees them. What annoys you so much about her confidence and belief in her views? Cannot understand what upsets you so much. If only everyone had such faith. I too, share her faith and belief in norwich city, DH and most importantly myself. Why not?

Most of us use these boards to discuss footballing views, occasionally we have a laugh (re the cheeseboard post) but we do not come on here to have such intensive personal therapy or have our posts disected and analysed (this is supposed to be FUN!!!)

count my grammatical errors, spelling mistakes if you want mate, if it makes you feel better, but don''t you dare try to break the spirit and passion of one of norwich city''s most ardent fans, i won''t let you do it

Yankee - are you a psycho-analyst or something....?

You thought that I was courting ''favourable responses'' on one of my earlier threads, now your saying that cityangel should be ''more humble'' and you appear to me to be ''having a go'' at some of the friendships that have built up via this forum - this in addition to other comments when you first joined the community. You are the only person that seems to take this approach on the forum and I don''t understand what you think you are achieving.

Us mere mortals on the site are just ordinary people - we are primarily on here to air our views, make virtual friends, and have a bit of a laugh.

I read nothing into cityangels comments re the Huckerby saga. If she (and others) derive pleasure from the fact that she/they feel that she /they played a part in him coming to us - who are we (ie you) to take that away from her/them. I have my view - but its of no significance in the grand scheme of things so I just keep it to myself.

Now I am old enough, big enough and ugly enough to take just about anything on the chin - but how can you be sure of that in mine or anyone elses case? You only know us through these posts. These sort of comments can hurt people you know - and there really is no need for it this on this forum.

You''ve done it before - and now you''re doing it again - before long you''ll get people starting to complain to the mods about your posts, so please - just lighten up a little or you will find that you will be alienating yourself all over again.

Cheers Yankee,we got the picture and we am standing in the corner and we am feeling like a naughty little schoolgirl,is that better? (no use of the "I" word)
Seriously though,glad you are one of my biggest fans,not sure when you got converted but hey who cares,are you coming over for the end of season celebrations?

Yankee,
See what you''ve started now World War 3 has broken out!

Thanks for taking it in the spirit it was intended cityangel. It''s good to see a little criticism from me will "bring on the dogs" to defend you, not that you need it.I did respond to you on an earlier thread saying if my wife decides not to go to Germany I will try and get back for any celebration. Failing that, I will have to get over next season.

Note to gazza:
Nothing annoys me about anyone that has confidence, faith or belief. I think all of those things are great. That''s not my point. I don''t doubt for a moment that the fans were a significant factor in causing Huckerby to want to sign a contract. That, too, is not my point. My point was, and is, it is better to be modest about one''s contributions, particularly if the credit one claims is more appropriately due to the hard work of others, i.e Norwich management. As you know, my original criticism in December was of the "band" who I felt were attempting to take unfair credit away from Norwich management, who pursued Huckerby before he was a twinkle in anyone''s eye. I believe now, as I believed then, that Norwich management had a plan for signing Huckerby and I also believe they have a strategy for Crouch unless someone better materializes. I believe the fans can make a player feel welcome and want to come here but the credit we take, as fans, should stop there. It is the management of the club that are already actively engaged in plans for the future and they will decide what is appropriate action. We can offer our suggestions, encouragement and criticism to them ( and to players ) on here and in other forums but let''s not fool ourselves beyond that.

Note to NTMD:
I ,too, am just an ordinary person on here to enjoy and share input with others and to air my views. As other posters have pointed out, if you can''t take a little criticism of your view ( yours, mine or anyone''s for that matter ) on a message board you probably are playing in the wrong place. Don''t concern yourself about me alienating myself, I''m not. Also, your suggestion that other posters may complain to the moderators about me is, quite frankly, silly. However, it is the prerogative of others to do as they see fit.

cityangel, I forgot to add a P.S. on the last message. Now that I''ve made you feel like a naughty little schoolgirl it could make your night out with hucks much more interesting.

Don''t despair, YC, there will always be some who will want two VC,s for the effort, forgetting that maybe the purse strings were in the control of the ones who are taking the real risks, having weighed up the pro''s and con''s of the decision. After all their heads will be the ones on the chopping block if things go pear shaped, heaven forbid. Just look, as I have said before, at the Leeds situation and nearer to home the past Chase syndrome. There must have been supporters of policy in both scenarios, but both you and I know there won''t be many of those who will be brave enough to proclaim their folly. I say that all support and praise to the people who made their views known, but to Worthy and co for their courage to make the decisions that really make the difference between success and failure. That M Kenzie chap, however its spelt showed real pace and committment in this last game, any one looking for a VC on that buy. Well done the management and the lads: effort realy pays. OTBC

(tongue planted firmly in cheek.......)

If there is a VC on offer for McKenzie, I''ll have it! I was on these boards in a different guise before they got revamped (ooh, way back when in the summer) championing the cause for Leon - but nobody was interested then! Maybe I don''t qualify though, as I never really kept my campaign going........!!!!

beelsie,
Are you related to my friend Yankee,you always agree with his every word,his every phrase,his every sentence,his every post,need I go on
Yankee,
Agreed,could make for an interesting night and even though I''ve bought a full book of raffle tickets I dont hold out much hope,never won a raffle yet. Perhaps a meal out with you if you return to Norwich could be the booby prize for me?

City Angel! You are so right, it does seem that I agree with almost all of YC'' posts, Blast Boy or Girl!! now I''m agreeing with you, it''s called the "great minds syndrome" I think it also has something to do with the years, breadth of experiences so to speak. There are however some things relating to crowd behaviour and abuse that I may not so agreeable about.