Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Watch Norwich City Live in your living room?

Hi all.Just to get away from the subject of transfer windows for the time being and onto LIVE football.I remember a while ago someone on here saying they were able to watch all of Norwich City''s match LIVE and I think they lived in Norway...although not too sure on that. If so, what channel and more to the point...can these foreign channels that show Premiership/Championship games be tuned in over here?I have a friend who owns a pub and he shows (legally) Premiership football on Sat afternoons at 3pm via a Satellite Dish he bought. He then tunes it into somewhere in Ireland which directs to the continent...I think! By doings this...he shows LIVE footy without having to pay the £800 odd quid to Sky TV for the pub license.I notice places like Maplin and B&Q doing self-installation satellite dishes now and these apparently can pick up 1000''s of free channels across the world. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=99085&TabID=1&C=SEO&U=strat15&doy=search&MenuName=Free%20Digital%20TV%20Satellite%20PackageJust wondered if anyone knows anything about this and is it actually possible (legally of course...or illegally) to watch our Canaries play?Love to know all your thoughts...even if they are technical.

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Hi all.

Just to get away from the subject of transfer windows for the time being and onto LIVE football.

I remember a while ago someone on here saying they were able to watch all of Norwich City''s match LIVE and I think they lived in Norway...although not too sure on that. If so, what channel and more to the point...can these foreign channels that show Premiership/Championship games be tuned in over here?

I have a friend who owns a pub and he shows (legally) Premiership football on Sat afternoons at 3pm via a Satellite Dish he bought. He then tunes it into somewhere in Ireland which directs to the continent...I think! By doings this...he shows LIVE footy without having to pay the £800 odd quid to Sky TV for the pub license.

I notice places like Maplin and B&Q doing self-installation satellite dishes now and these apparently can pick up 1000''s of free channels across the world. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=99085&TabID=1&C=SEO&U=strat15&doy=search&MenuName=Free%20Digital%20TV%20Satellite%20Package

Just wondered if anyone knows anything about this and is it actually possible (legally of course...or illegally) to watch our Canaries play?

Love to know all your thoughts...even if they are technical.
[/quote]

I don''t know about the above...but I have heard that BT is to launch a new system soon which will feature Championship matches live. It will use the telephone/broadband connection apparently.....

Cluck Wrote...

I don''t know about the above...but I have heard that BT is to launch a new system soon which will feature Championship matches live. It will use the telephone/broadband connection apparently.....

-

BT are the largest company in the UK offering the service known as Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) This is a very rapidly growing technology allowing TV to streamed along a broadband connection. BT call their service with the more catchy title of BT Vision.

BT are going to be offering premiership football through a partnership with Setanta starting in the 2007/08 season but no agreement has been signed with the F.A. to allow the streaming of Championship football.

In answer to the original question, I dont know any way legally (or illegally) of watching NCFC games on TV.

It''s not possible to watch every Norwich match live on TV in Norway. No way... This season I have only been able to watch three games - Ipswich, Tamworth and one more.

But... when we played in Premier League, Norwegian Canal+ showed 25 of our 38 games. I think 15 of the games were shown live, and the other 10 were possible to watch the full game in the evening. I had to pay £40 a month for the Canal+  subscription.

championship matches are few and far between. premier matches is a different story, with a legit and totally legal card costing around 70 to 100 ukpds for 6 mounths. this will show most premier league games. the satelite system you can expect to pay around £200 and for somone to professionally set it up another 250 - 300. you can set it up yourself it''s fairly painless.check out these - have used before and are reliable.http://www.affordablesat.co.uk/ orhttp://www.spectrum-skytv.co.uk/once you have it set up I have some very good forum links for sat stuff.

can u do it through a TV card in the PC????

someone has told me u can.. just install the software and u can pick up the Premiership at 3 pm on a saturday Live.. as its broadcast somewhere in the world

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

someone has told me u can.. just install the software and u can pick up the Premiership at 3 pm on a saturday Live.. as its broadcast somewhere in the world

[/quote]If you are talking premiership via your broadband connection then forget it, the quality is very very very poor.If However you are talking about putting a card into your PC then the answer is yes. You will still need a good size sat dish and motor to allow you to pick up the full range of sats.There is not much Free to air football about these days, but it does still exist. You are much better going for a legit viewing card for around 80 to 100 ukpds.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

If you are talking premiership via your broadband connection then forget it, the quality is very very very poor.
If However you are talking about putting a card into your PC then the answer is yes. You will still need a good size sat dish and motor to allow you to pick up the full range of sats.
There is not much Free to air football about these days, but it does still exist. You are much better going for a legit viewing card for around 80 to 100 ukpds.

[/quote]

I have a TV card... dont have a satellite Dish.. might tinker with it and see what i can find though!

sorry but a tv card is of little use. will need to be a dedicated sat card with a dish attached. This is the only way to watch as much football as you can get your hands on.