Sign in to follow this  
alex field

who was the last norwich player to play for england senior team?

I''m 21 and apart from chris woods and dave watson??, anyone else actually played for england while at norwich. I also remeber eadie made the squad but didn''t play. I beleive sutton was at blackburn when he got called up and apparently ruel fox played whilst at newcastle??

Anyways well done greeno, he has been awsome this year, like the whole team. Game that sticks out to me was derby at home, 10 men and 1-0 down and greeno made another 2 fantastic saves and then mullers and the old dog won it for us.

top of the league, still havin a laugh

steve bruce and ian crook played for england b. We did have martin peters but that was after he stopped playing for england i think! mark barham played for england while with us and just missed out on the w/cup 86 squad i believe.

As someone slightly older than 21, I can remember Kevin Reeves playing for England in the late 70''s. Not sure if was the first Norwich player or not.

Mark Barham went on the England tour of Australia in the early 80''s and I beleive he got a game or two. Also feel this was after Chris Woods last played for England whilst he was in Canary colours, but may be wrong on that one.

Eadie was selected for Le Tournoi squad ahead of France 98, but was injured training with the squad. I think Mills is the last Canary player to make the grade. Woods is the last player to play whilst still in Canary colours.