Sign in to follow this  
jjohnny

£325000

Hey lets support the board £325000 is a huge amount of money ,this shows how committed they are to getting norwich back into the premiership,after all birmingham could only afford 2.5 million for the boy vine

As i have posted elsewhere on this board, I suspect that we only have a maximum of £2/3 million to spend on players in this window (which is probably more than most teams in this division have to spend). Personally, I do not think that we can afford to blow all our budget on one player as there are far too many wholes in the squad for us to do this i.e the need for a "Captain" centre half, a left back and at least one attacking midfielder. Brum are probably the only side in the Championship with the financial clout to spend really big in the window, plus there are at the top of the division and are in the first year of their parachute payment. It should also be pointed out that the board had backed Worthy and sanctioned the £2million bid for Cotterill back in August.

Unless you know something most of us don''t then we don''t currently know what other transfers are being lined up. If no-one else arrives then clearly questions will need to be asked.

Sunderland apparently valued him at a higher figure, and even PG seems slightly surprised that he was able to get Brown for thast figure.The price was low because he is out of contract in June, and while Keane would be entitled to a fee because Brown is under 24, any tribunal would take time and be a little uncertain. Keane needs the cash now, to finance the expensive teenager he has just signed. For this reason he sold another striker at the same time.PG feels he has a bargain who will improve with experience. He is also hoping to bring in one or two more during the window, and also sign loan players, so there is clearly money left. Finally, he is suggesting that he has money, or it will be available, for signings in the summer. Perhaps the club has slightly longer term ambitions, rather than splashing £2m on a single player who might make a slight difference but will realise there is dross around him, and be off! This assumes that the high priced man would actually be prepared to come!

Birmingham couldn''t afford Vine actually, the directors paid for him out of their own money because the club are well over their overdraft limit ( according to the papares and talksport)

Interesting... If you only have money enough to buy that 200K house but would rather be living in the 950K house down the road.

Does that make you unambitious and incapable of supporting your family?

Does that mean you are neglecting them and should move on?

Equally that place may have already been refurbished and have reached its maximum potential. You may be being blinded by those flash new spots or the plasma on the wall.

Your smaller pad might be ripe for a loft conversion or extension, or be in a sought after post code which shows greater possible appreciation.

That plot could have greater potential.

The answer to these questions are maybe never obvious, there are always many factors involved and unfortunately can never be truly represented by contrite and myopic one line jibes. Showing a lack of consideration, real understanding of facts and quite frankly, faith.

OTBC

[quote user="BufordTJustice"]So, if we''d have spent £1m on Brown you''d have been happier? Vine is a good player but £2.5m is way over the odds.
[/quote] It may be over the odds but the upshot is that to get a really decent striker today, you have to pay big bucks! Vine and Earnie up front would have been a great combination in my opinion. However I actually think that with Dublin in such good form we need to spend big on the midfield rather than on a striker. I''m not angry we didn''t match £2.5m for Vine but I do want us to pay decent cash for some midfielders!If we sign two top notch midfielders then I will be happy with the signing of Brown.

[quote user="Arbiter"]Interesting... If you only have money enough to buy that 200K house but would rather be living in the 950K house down the road. Does that make you unambitious and incapable of supporting your family? Does that mean you are neglecting them and should move on? Equally that place may have already been refurbished and have reached its maximum potential. You may be being blinded by those flash new spots or the plasma on the wall. Your smaller pad might be ripe for a loft conversion or extension, or be in a sought after post code which shows greater possible appreciation. That plot could have greater potential. The answer to these questions are maybe never obvious, there are always many factors involved and unfortunately can never be truly represented by contrite and myopic one line jibes. Showing a lack of consideration, real understanding of facts and quite frankly, faith. OTBC[/quote]

Interesting post.

Go for the 950K house and work your backside off in order to maintain it. In the long term it will provide equity for future dealings...and create some residual wealth for those who may ultimately inherit.

Buy the small one...and it shows a lack of courage and ambition. You will get left further and further behind as the market values increase....finally ending up trapped where you are with little hope of ever matching the more adventurous buyer''s success.

Ultimately the tale of NCFC under the current Board............

Another clichéd negative response!

The analogy is simply saying the option is to buy a player at full market value and receive little or no profit upon sell on, or buy a player with un-tapped potential, of which Grant has experience of with reo-coker, mullins, and to then make an eventual profit on the inevitable sell-on.

Because lets face it if either player does prove successful they will be sold, because until we establish ourselves not even as a premier league club, but as a top 6 championship club, we will not retain players like Ashton, Earnshaw Vine etc.

You also mention ‘left further and further behind as the market values increase’. Question: Why would the value of the small house (brown) not increase at the same rate of the big house (Vine), I dont really understand.

Personally I would have loved us to sign Vine, Riordan and Pearson, but can appreciate the sense in not paying well over the odds for a player like Vine, who has half a decent season behind him. And for 2.5 million?! When we signed Ashton for 3.5million!

On the face of it, yes Brown is a disappointing signing, especially when our other targets are going for big money to the clubs we should be challenging, but if Grant can sign 2 or more players for similar fee’s, and worst case only 1 of them progress, but turns into a 1.5 million rated player is it really such a bad thing?

[quote user="Cluck"]

[quote user="Arbiter"]Interesting... If you only have money enough to buy that 200K house but would rather be living in the 950K house down the road. Does that make you unambitious and incapable of supporting your family? Does that mean you are neglecting them and should move on? Equally that place may have already been refurbished and have reached its maximum potential. You may be being blinded by those flash new spots or the plasma on the wall. Your smaller pad might be ripe for a loft conversion or extension, or be in a sought after post code which shows greater possible appreciation. That plot could have greater potential. The answer to these questions are maybe never obvious, there are always many factors involved and unfortunately can never be truly represented by contrite and myopic one line jibes. Showing a lack of consideration, real understanding of facts and quite frankly, faith. OTBC[/quote]

Interesting post.

Go for the 950K house and work your backside off in order to maintain it. In the long term it will provide equity for future dealings...and create some residual wealth for those who may ultimately inherit.

Buy the small one...and it shows a lack of courage and ambition. You will get left further and further behind as the market values increase....finally ending up trapped where you are with little hope of ever matching the more adventurous buyer''s success.

Ultimately the tale of NCFC under the current Board............

[/quote]

I would say be ambitious and stretch without being foolhardy. Go for a 300K house and be life rich and not cash poor. The folly in buying something exhorbitant and clearly way beyond your means is that all of your eggs are in that basket. Those that encourage you to do so will not be present to support you if misfortune strikes and foreclosure takes place. Don''t worry about building residual wealth for others to inherit. You do no favours for those that inherit....let them work to create their own wealth. They will be happier for having done so.

As far as getting left behind is concerned.....behind what Cluck? The Premiership vehicle that you have stated so often that you despise???  

Good answer,using this method will we be buying nine new players around the £325000 mark to go along side earnshaw and safri.My point is this £325000 will not in any division in england buy you a footballer who is a goalscorer.Why would he leave sunderland who are a bigger club than norwich,the only answer is that he isn''t getting a game,WHY IS THIS PLEASE TELL ME.I don''t want to knock anyone without giving them a chance and i don''t want to do a leeds.All i am saying is we still sell out every home game,we still sell our best players so why haven''t we got enough money to make that class jump in buying new players,tell me how many of our higher purchase players have ever let us down or not been sold at a profit,I can name a few so called bargins that don,t seem as good as they looked ie huges,thorne,robinson,jarrett

My real real real point is this if all the norwich season ticket holdes  bunged £15 quid in a pot it would raise the money to have brought brown,in todays market place this is peanuts we have got to show more ambition thats all i want to get across