Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

Who Has Seen Chris Brown Play Football?

In relation to the discussions going on about the pro''s & con''s of signing Chris Brown i have one question to ask.............Who has actually watched him play football?I have not and don''t see how anyone who hasn''t can possibly commet about how good or bad he is.Would be interested to hear the thoughts of people who''ve seen him in action.

He played for Sunderland in our one nil win at Carrow Road this season so I guess most of us have seen him play. Can''t remember Sunderland having much of a forward threat that day, can you? Their web-site says in the match report that Brown missed a good chance but I can''t say I remember that either!

In fact the only thing I do remember is Earnie scoring in the middle of a crap game.

Ah i didn''t realise that i''m not a season ticket holder so don''t get to every game. Even so i do believe that you need to see somebody play over a period of time to form a fair judgement which was kinda my point.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]In relation to the discussions going on about the pro''s & con''s of signing Chris Brown i have one question to ask.............Who has actually watched him play football?

I have not and don''t see how anyone who hasn''t can possibly commet about how good or bad he is.

Would be interested to hear the thoughts of people who''ve seen him in action.
[/quote]

ah ahhh... that is a question and a half....  not many people may I suggest...  Sunderland, Hull and Doncaster fans included!!!!

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

He played for Sunderland in our one nil win at Carrow Road this season so I guess most of us have seen him play. Can''t remember Sunderland having much of a forward threat that day, can you? Their web-site says in the match report that Brown missed a good chance but I can''t say I remember that either!

In fact the only thing I do remember is Earnie scoring in the middle of a crap game.

[/quote]

I posted about this yesterday. DD was centreback that day and Brown was the player involved in the penalty appeal against him. Pink un report suggests he missed two chances. I don''t remember much about him to be honest.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]In relation to the discussions going on about the pro''s & con''s of signing Chris Brown i have one question to ask.............Who has actually watched him play football?I have not and don''t see how anyone who hasn''t can possibly commet about how good or bad he is.Would be interested to hear the thoughts of people who''ve seen him in action. [/quote]

ah ahhh... that is a question and a half....  not many people may I suggest...  Sunderland, Hull and Doncaster fans included!!!!

[/quote]Geez Mr. Smudger you do seem obsessed with criticising this Brown character... does he owe you money?

I saw him in a live (Sky) match a while back. IF my memory serves me right he was pretty good that day, might even have been man of the match. Still it was only one game!!!

I remember him winning almost everything in the air against DD & Shacks in the first half and happened to comment on this to my mate.

From what I have heard he is supposed to be quite good in the box.............

I do remember seeing him play & thought he looked mobile, lively

& a someone who would keep our defence on their toes. Time will

tell whether he''s a good signing but certainly not deserving of the

negative comments that have been forthcoming on this website. It''s

interesting that if our management say that he''s worth £325k, & a

few Sunderland fans (who''s credentials are unknown to us) suggest he''s

c**p, some of our ''supporters'' immediately assume the latter''s

assessment to be the more accurate. I don''t really understand that

thought process.

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]I do remember seeing him play & thought he looked mobile, lively & a someone who would keep our defence on their toes. Time will tell whether he''s a good signing but certainly not deserving of the negative comments that have been forthcoming on this website. It''s interesting that if our management say that he''s worth £325k, & a few Sunderland fans (who''s credentials are unknown to us) suggest he''s c**p, some of our ''supporters'' immediately assume the latter''s assessment to be the more accurate. I don''t really understand that thought process.
[/quote]

I think that thought process has been bult up by 3 years of signings history.  Where when opposing teams  fans have said a player is rubbish (Hughes, Robinson etc) or Lazy (Etuhu) or not good enough (Doc, MLJ) they have been.  Having said that Thorne and Jarrett go against the grain in that respect.  When they have been fairly positive - Ashton, Erny, Safri, Chadwick, Crofty they have been right.

Can''t remember any who we were told were crap but turned out good??

C''mon then I am eagerly awaiting your expert opinions on that future England striker and NCFC legend Chris Brown.

How did he play today???  [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

C''mon then I am eagerly awaiting your expert opinions on that future England striker and NCFC legend Chris Brown.

How did he play today???  [:D]

[/quote]

He showed some neat touches, looked ok but wasnt really given any surface.Sorry Smudger, i know you want to have a go at him but you cant yet.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

I remember him winning almost everything in the air against DD & Shacks in the first half and happened to comment on this to my mate.

From what I have heard he is supposed to be quite good in the box.............

[/quote] Hey, Stevie, Did you see the free kick was going to Gallachers right?

Difficult to judge him on today''s performance...came on after we were behind and didn''t grt a chance to get into the pattern of play. He had a few touches but nothing to impress. He is a big target but in order to get our support he will have to show some grit and determination to impose himself on the game...jury is still deliberating on this one!