from the experience of palace you would have
though a ballot was in order
i for one have lost out due to waiting to get paid
which normally happens at the end of the month
i have 13 away stubs for this season also im a season
ticket holder
but have lost out to part time supporters no doubt
anyone else in the same boat

What do you mean about part time supporters? I would like to know if I come into that catagory, cause although I am a season ticket holder, I don''t get to many away games because I have to go with my parents. It costs alot of money that we don''t have to take me my bro and my parents to away games, so I can''t go to all of them! So when the oppertunity comes up, where we don''t have to have 10 away stubs to go to an away game, we usually try and go, thats how I came to have a ticket to the Watford game! I wanted to go to Crewe, as most Norwich fans will, because it is the last game of the season, but you have to have 10 away ticket stubs which as I have said before I don''t have so consiquently I will not be able to go. So what do you say, do I come into the catagory of part-time supporter? Oh and let me say I have been to every home game and 2 or 3 away games this season.

ow that hurt...im not a part time supporter...but also not a season ticket holder..I live in Bedford ...and buy my tickets 4 most home games..and have also been to most away games..im on the phone as soon as tickets are released.. I phoned on Saturday at 9.00 and waited in a queue...and waited...and waited...and waited...made coffee..read the paper back 2 back and my call was finally answered at 10.50.. so im no part time supporter...no ballot needed...just patience...dont judge..we all want to support our team...

I think it is a difficult one Ewan. I too was going to write a post like you did and have already posted begging for tickets. I have 25 of the last 29 away stubbs, including the games in Holland. Travel from Derby for every home game and am going to Malaysia..... some would say more money than sense!!!! And I have missed out on Watford tickets.

It is a really hard call for the club, and it is hard to see what is best, however these tickets should of gone on sale to members or season ticket holders only first at the very least. I was standing near some right idiots at Palace, some of whom didn''t know any players or songs apart from ''lets go f''in mental!!!''

I also know how difficlt and frustrating it is if you live out of norfolk, my time as a student the only games I could afford were the ones local to e.midlands, but I was always a member.

If true fans who are members and season ticket holders have bought all the tickets then fair enough, however if not then bang out of order, gutted, jealous, naffed off.............. see you in the home end!!!!!

This is a tough one, but, looking at it objectively, the answer is fairly simple, ballots are only held when the away allocation is limited.

With an away allocation approaching 20% of the total capacity, the club probably took the view that this wasn''t the case here.

The club has over 18,000 season ticket holders and probably a similar number of members, so there was never going to be enough to satisfy demand.

However, in the club''s defence, you must bear in mind that the NCFC web site had been advertising for some time the fact that tickets would go on sale on Saturday morning. Also, the ticket office are still processing in excess of 15,000 season ticket renewals.

Bearing these points in mind, the logistics behind organising another ballot probably answers the question in itself.

Melbourne Canary, glad you mentioned the idiots at the Palace game, I thought I was the only one that thought there were a fair amount of morons at the game. I saw one guy at Victoria train station who said to me "I ain''t done this before", I think he was refering to watching Norwich and not queing for a train ticket - but i''m not sure! And even though we had a very large crowd I have heard more noise from ca. 2 to 3 thousand away fans before. Some of the comments from people around me were rather naive also. Just thought i''d mention that since a lot of people posted saying how good the Palace support was. I''m a Loughborough canary by the way, don''t get to many home games but try to get to a fair few away games - time, money and playing footy limits this.

I''m sick of all the posts on this message board calling for a hierarchy of fans. Some people can''t afford to buy the ludicrously expensive tickets or travel around the country to watch the games. There are also work & family committments that cannot be ignored.

The crystal palace game was a good opportunity for newer fans or fans who have never been to an away game. As for calling some of the City fans at crystal palace idiots, well this is always the case at football matches - carrow road or elsewhere (just look at the post about racism on this site).

So many Norwich fans seem to want the club to be exclusive - this a football club not a golf club.

If you didn''t manage to get tickets for a game, then bad luck & stop being so selfish - rewarding long term supporters is a nice idea, but it does nothing for encouraging new support or helping those who don''t get to many games, but still suppport city without being able to get to many games in a season.

OTBC

Agreed.

I''ve been a season ticket holder for years, been to numerous youth and reserve team games, try to get to at least 7 or 8 away games a year (work permitting), am a share-holder, own a brick in the New Stand, have my name on the centenary shirt. However, I consider myself no more or less of a fan than those who are enjoying Norwich City FC for the first time - an increased fan base can only mean good things for the club we all hold so dear.

OK, so the allocation of away tickets is a tricky subject but this whole part-time supporter stuff is utter nonsense.

The more the merrier!

OTBC!

Tufnell park Canary, there may be an element of truth about what you say, however you must still understand peoples frustrations. I think having a good fan base is something the club should be proud of, however, if some of the so called fans I experienced at Palace are coming out of the woodwork i''d rather have a small but dedicated and loyal following. I appreciate that there are always a few morons at football games, but I have never seen or heard as many cretins as i did at Palace. Some of the comments I heard led me to believe some of the crowd had never actually seen a football game before, this is OK if you keep your mouth shut, but shouting stuff that doesn''t make sense or is just offensive winds me up. As for a ticket distribution system based on loyalty, it already exists, and it has to.

I am a former season ticket holder who has had to give it up as I moved to Crewe and can''t get to many home games - I am a member, but due to other constraints, have not made 10 away games this season. I can WALK to Crewe''s ground, but stand very little chance of getting a ticket - how do you think I feel?

Well said Tufnell Park, tickets are sold, and it does not matter to whom....its was advertised in plenty of time that they were going on sale on Saturday 9.00, everyone had a chance to purchase, I was on phone over 2hr 30min and got mine....we all stood an equal chance and not exclusive rights!!!

Templeton, you raise a good point. I am based in the East Midlands and I would also be cheesed off if I couldn''t get a ticket for a game against the likes of Nottingham Forest, Derby, Leicester ro Coventry. I think any NCFC member with a registered address in close proximity of an away ground should have the option of getting a ticket. This can''t be so hard to do since there would only be a handfull of people in certian regions, unless I am underestimating the NCFC support around the country? This reminds me of the days when clubs like Luton didn''t allow away supporters to visit, so i joined Luton Town FC (for £1) and remember one game where Norwich got stuffed and the Luton fans chanted "you''re not singing any more", not sure who this was aimed at since there were only a handfull of away fans dotted about the stadium!

Marty, I do understand the frustration of both not being able to get tickets and the idiots that sometimes go to games.

However, I think people should just try to ignore idiots at games who will surely eventually drift away from coming to games if they''re not really supporting City. Furthermore, I hear people talking s*** and shouting offensive remarks who go every week and tke their kids along - its not just ''aprt time supporters who give clubs a bad name - a season ticket doesn''t make you a decent fan.

Also, rather than bemoan the fact that we can''t get tickets sometimes, let''s just savour the fact that Norwich are doing so well and that we have such a dedicated following.

Tufnell Park Canary, that''s true I guess, sometimes it''s too easy to rember the morons and not the vast majority of the dedicated fans that go week in week out. For the record I''m not after tickets for the Watford game, I wanted one but didn''t expect the demand to be so high, so i didn''t call up early enough, foolish really. It''s not so bad cos they normally lose when i watch, shouldn''t say that because i''m off to the Burnley and Wigan games.

the club run an away season ticket scheme for people wanting guaranteed tickets for away games. ok this might not suit everyone but it''s there nevertheless.

i dont know what the costs are but i guess there are some in relation to a ballot. seems to me that the club are run off its feet at the moment dealing with stuff and i guess at 4400 they thought that the regulars would know to get in quick for a london match at this time of the season.

let''s not be slagging each other off about this. we''ve got to accept that the days of turning up for a game and expecting a ticket are over - at least for the time being.

If you want to go to the away games then get an away season ticket. And stop slagging off the supporters who just want to go to a few away matches. You will always get the people who when times are good, want to go and be apart of it all, and why not. If there prepared to travel then their just as much as a supporter as the rest.