Sign in to follow this  
BIC

Can anyone help me find an online photo of Steve Bruce's Milk Cup semi final goal?

or indeed any other classic images from the history of the club?

Much obliged

This site has loads of Norwich stuff...I''ve also been into their shop, and they have other Norwich items not on the website.www.teamspast.com

Look for the poster Bruce''s Header, he had a similar search during a recent name change and I believe it was the lovely web team who found him a good photo?

We did but I don''t remember it being that big or of that good a quality. I''ll have another root around tomorrow.

The 1985 Milk Cup final video released by VSI enterprises in 2002, also features highlights from the semi-final against Ipswich.  I assume Bruce''s goal will be on there, it would be possible to take the image from there.

Was the goal printed in local Newspapers?  They may have a photo archive??  Not sure on this. 

I don''t know if there is one, but what would be nice would be to have a photographic history of the clubs greatest moments and goals.

P.s. Toffs do a book on Norwich (and many other teams), where they reproduce old newspaper articles (including photographs) from the club''s history.  Looks interesting, but it is pricey at £40.  They say the Milk Cup final is covered, not sure about the semi though?

Thanks all for your help,

I''ve trolled the internet but haven''t found much and I do have a copy

of the Evening News with a full-page photo of Bruce wheeling away with

Scum players holding their head. Unfortunately, I live far far away

from the attic in which that newspaper is kept, hence the efforts to

find an online version.

If you could find a copy Pete, I''d be well chuffed. Thanks again

[quote user="BIC"]Thanks all for your help,

I''ve trolled the internet but haven''t found much and I do have a copy of the Evening News with a full-page photo of Bruce wheeling away with Scum players holding their head. Unfortunately, I live far far away from the attic in which that newspaper is kept, hence the efforts to find an online version.

If you could find a copy Pete, I''d be well chuffed. Thanks again

[/quote]

I know which picture you mean, it''s in a book I have called 92 years of the Canaries on Camera or something, and is full of EDP photos. Sadly, I don''t have a scanner else i''d upload it.

Was it Anglia TV that originally showed the original highlights of that match?

I used to have the 15-20 minutes or whatever it was that they shown on an old VHS tape that has been sadly lost for many years...

Is their anything that can be done to bring back all of this footage on DVD with other great lost moments from the past?

It was Anglia TV and I used to have it on VHS tape too but also lost it. Gerry Harrison was the commentator and when we scored the first the first goal all he said was: "Poor old Ian Cranston, what dreadful luck for Ipswich"

Can''t remember what he said after "Bruce''s header though!

Happy days!

Fine effort, Pete and quite good enough for what I have in mind:

http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

I''ve got a large wall I want to decorate and this is what its going to

have on it, unless someone can provide some even more memorable moment

from our past....

[quote user="BIC"]Fine effort, Pete and quite good enough for what I have in mind:

http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

I''ve got a large wall I want to decorate and this is what its going to have on it, unless someone can provide some even more memorable moment from our past....

[/quote]

I know where there is a bunch of unwanted players you can nail up......and I''m sure there would be no shortage of helpers.........