Sign in to follow this  
Jonnyboy

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN A NORWICH FAN FOR 20 YEARS MY DAD HAS BEEN A FAN SINCE A CHILD AND SO TO HAS HIS DAD.

AND NONE OF US CAN BELIEVE WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO NORWICH CITY FOOTBALL CLUB.

IT''S ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL I''M PHYSICALLY SHAKING AT HOW MAD I AM!!

THIS TEAM HAS NO CHANCE WHAT SO EVER OF REACHING THE PLAY OFF''S AT THIS RATE WE''LL BE LUCK TO BE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT YEAR.

ANY CHANCE OF GETTING A DESCENT GAME OF FOOTBALL OUT OF THIS BUNCH OF WORTH(INGTON) LESS *******.

PLEASE PG TELL ME WHERE THE NEXT WIN IS COMING FROM CAUSE I DON''T SEE IT......

I have to agree, i''ve been a supporter for over 30 years and I honestly can''t think back to a worse team than the current shower we have.Play-offs? You''re joking, we''re in a relegation fight (I use the term "fight" loosely with this team) and if things don''t dramatically improve we''re as good as down. Teams like Southend, Hull and Barnsley are still scrapping the odd result, they WILL catch us before long.The board are entirely to blame for all of this. We''ve been in free-fall for the best part of two and half years and yet when the club needed change, it wasn''t given by those in control. Now it''s too late - this isn''t Worthington''s fault, this isn''t Grant''s fault, it lies with you Delia and Doncaster. You''re not slipping your way out of this one!

What a bunch of useless idiots we employ as so called players. Losing at home to a team that haven''t won away in months. They should all be ashamed and if the board are true fans then this crap we get served would end now.

Unbelievable.

We''ve been going backwards, at variable speeds, since we got promoted.

Its almost as if they all stood there on the Balcony and said "...job done-we can dine off this in the next few years..."

Straight away it was "little old Norwich". I don''t think anyone in the club hierachy expected us to stay in the Prem.

Delia was here, there, and everywhere when we were in the Prem. Where is she now? Is she content at how things are going? Surely she can''t be, the value of her investment is plumetting, does she care?

The quality of players that has been brought in over the last two-three years has been questionable on a number of occasions.

We may well have to "cut our coat according to our cloth" but it would be nice to see us walking the walk, rather than just talking the talk-Grant has bigged up the chances of getting players like Pearson, he''s gone to Derby, now its Marshall at Celtic-he''ll go elsewhere, previously it was Riordan-but we got Brown instead. Good luck to him but it wasn''t exactly a transfer coup, Sunderland didn''t want him, and we were the only club interested!

All through next week, thet alk and the spin will be there again, and, again, people will go and watch. The club harps on about its great support, shame it doesn''t appreciate it.

this has to be the most spineless, passionless, couldn''t give a toss performance by this bunch of over paid, under motivated and un managed group of excuses for footballers. See more commitment from a bunch of under-8s! And they can defend free kicks better too.

and yet still, there are people in the barclay lower (you know who you are) still having a go at people who dare to question Delia/the board/Grant/the players, and accuse me and others of "not being true supporters", words fail me.

Shuck, good point about Delia - well in the public eye throughout the Promotion season and Premiership stint, but now we just see the odd public announcements to supporters, asking us to keep our hair on. It''ll truly take awesome bit of PR to dig out of this hole!To run a business you need to have an element of instinct, ruthlessness and be able to respond quickly by making big decisions. They''re not here to make friends, they''re here run a football club. The romance held with Mr Worthington blinded their judgement for far too long, and if we''re truly honest it was the fans who enforced the change, not the board. Weren''t questions raised when we pounced on the likes of Etuhu and Robinson? These are, after all, Championship rejects so what were they ever going to do for us, a team who at the time were hopeful of returning to the top flight? The moment I heard of pen going to paper, I immediately questioned the sanity of those making the signings.

All I can say is thank god I (and my son) decided not to renew our season tickets this year - and the club has the audacity to keep asking us if we want to rejoin the waiting list (waiting list - don''t make me laugh!) .  We both decided that, despite being passionate about and followng the club all of our lives, we weren''t prepared to "line the pockets" of this pathetic bunch masquerading as footballers any more.  Think about it, pay out over £500 a year to help Mr Etuhu purchase his new car (and private numberplate) - he clearly needs a car on the pitch because he is nothing more than a passenger.

Parachute payments gone this year - lets see what percentage increase there is on season tickets etc. Are you really going to continue to line the pockets of a complete and utter bunch of wasters!  Ship the lot of them out, I say - they are not fit to wear the same yellow and green shirt that many of the fans rightly cherish so much. 

1960 was my first game. There have been some pretty poor teams over the years but this one takes teh biscuit. Take a look round the back of the Jarrold Stand and see all the big flash vehicles with private plates beloning to this bunch of "Billy Big Time" boys and it makes one fear for the future of the club. The youth policy is costing millions and has produced nothing of note for years, any top quality players we are able to get are only here short term to allow this board to squirrel away even more money for a rainy day. They are scraed stiff that we could somehow return to the days at the end of Bob Chase''s reign when we didn''t have a pot to do anything in. Unclle Bob was found guilty of investing the club''s money in all that land around the ground. Well this lot should start to get worried. It''s treble whammy time - 1) The worst bunch of players for half a century at least, 2) Season ticket renewal time is with us nect month and 3) They have sold off all Uncle Bob''s land and have nothing to show for it apart from a nice restaurant, a share in a hotel and a decent Championship striker who has days left with us. His exit will be delayed as long as possible because they can''t spend the money they borrowed to sign him and in the summer they can plead poverty again.

Acutally, there was a team in the late sixties that was pretty disgraceful. They would give this lot a run for their money.

JUST GOT BACK FROM THE MATCH WHAT A SHAMBLES, WATCHED MY 1ST GAME AGAINST YORK IN 1968 AND UNLESS THINGS IMPROVE I MIGHT HAVE WATCHED MY LAST GAME IN 2007. I AM NOT A FAIR WEATHER SUPPORTER BUT CAN''T BE DOING WITH THE SHAME OF  SUPPORTING PLAYERS WHO DONT GIVE A TOSS. I DO A 100 MILE ROUND TRIP AND PAY OUT GOOD MONEY FOR THAT I AT LEAST EXPECT SOME EFFORT FROM THOSE WHOS WAGES I HELP PAY .

we have been on a downward path for the last two seasons.these players are severely overpaid with little motivation or passion.if grant can''t sort this out best he lets someone who can.NO MORE EXCUSES - GRANT OUT

I have never seen a bigger load of s**** in all my life.

Today was embarrassing in every sense of the word. I was sat literally next to the away fans (barring the divider) and they were loving every minute. And who could blame them? Especially for chants such as "Can we play you every week?" - I once said I was never so embarrassed to be a Norwich fan, but today surpassed even that. How they can pick up and take home their wages after that God only knows. Fair play to Plymouth, they played well, but they were nothing special, and lets face it, not one member of our team barring Dublin could be arsed today. Paul Mcveigh i will single out - I''d heard a lot about him being a complete waste of space, but today that was just merely confirmed before my very eyes. A lazy fat waster, who should be hounded out of the club on the back of today''s showing.

I boo-ed at the final whistle today - as did many others, and I feel i was fully justified.

Ah yes, the Youth policy....

Wonderful facilities bla bla bla-shame about the calibre of players coming out of it!

The standard excuse for them not playing or breaking through into the first team and making an impact is that they''re either too young or that the crowd will get on their backs, the pressure, "...they need games..." (Grant)-as regards the latter Mr Grant, you''re the fecking Manager, how about giving them some?

And don''t quote that the Academy is restricted by the catchment area, Southampton have exactly the same problem, half of theirs is in the English Channel and they also "share" some of it with Portsmouth-yet their Academy system is one of the best in Britain.

It used to be said that if the English cricket team needed a fast bowler, you just had to whistle down a coal mine and one would come up...with us, if you needed a decent youth player, one or two were always there and ready-from Fash upwards, and including Eadie, Bellamy, Barham, Mills, Gordon, Johnson, Fox, Russell, Kenton-and more.....in recent years theres been Green and, well, the Jarvis brothers (again, Ryan not given a run of games, Rossi seemingly not as good as what we already have, what a joke that is!), Cave-Brown, mmm, how he will get a good football education at Kings Lynn, can you see Arsenal loaning out their youngsters to Cheshunt FC or Romford? Spillane is meant to be amongst the best we have had for ages, a natural and strong centre half, yet all we get from Grant about him is that "...he''s versatile...", of course Peter, can''t have a player training and being dedicated to playing in one position can we?

I know he''s not rated by many, but the treatment of Henderson is, IMHO, an absolute disgrace. Here is a lad who bleeds yellow and green, who, even when played out of position in the promotion season scored some goals and did well-yet he has never, and will, it seems, never get a run of games in his best position, that the club would plonk Thorne in front of him, an ageing, unfit, expensive has been, who doesn''t give a fuck for this club and is probably laughing all the way to the bank...words fail me.

At City, the time to put the kids in is never seemingly right. Well, the time is now. They cannot possibly be worse than some of the liabilities that are currently shafting the club to the core. The fact that players as unremarkable and mediocre as Dixon Etuhu is able to flaunt such wealth for nothing in return is abominable.

Without doubt this is the worst team that I have ever seen within 25 years of following City...  added to that the boardroom seems to be in a biiger mess than any time during those previous 25 years...  Yet still there is a large number of fans out there prepared to back this hsower of * no matter what and question many fans who have followed the club for a number of years loyalty and audacity to challenge Delia & Co and what is going on in that boardroom...

Lets face it the current board have made this football club a laughing stock and an utter disgrace...  Delia it is time to sell up and move on!!!

totally agree with last post, we cannot go on like this, it still amazes me the depth of support we have, but surely that cannot last forever with these dire performances from mediocre journayman players. By the way, whats Chase up to.......Ha Ha

Didn''t anyone honestly think that we played reasonably well until Plymouth equalised? I''m spitting feathers at the way we capitulated after that, but at half-time I thought we''d played acceptably, and in the first 10 minutes of the second half we totally dominated them, and without our top scorer in the team too. The last half an hour was absolute garbage, and they completely deserved to be booed off, but we''ve played a lot worse than that this season over 90 minutes.Don''t get me wrong, I''m not satisfied with the club, the manager or the style of football, but there were some good passages of play today.

Smudger, I have to agree.

No-one, least of all me is demanding that we are in the Prem and challenging for God knows what. The old "KTF" brigade used the old tired argument that we were all expecting too much, well, is this too much to expect?

• A club that plays the sort of football-passing and movement-that it always used to and was renowned for?
  • A club that has an active youth policy and does its utmost in terms of investment and endeavor to provide a core 3-4 players from that system for its first tea-one benefit being the value they will have in terms of income when they move on-how much did we make from the sales of Sutton, Fox, and Eadie combined, for example?
  • A club with a decent scouting network and one which doesn''t have the current out look of not buying from abroad as "the foreign players need time to adjust" FFS!! The scouting "network" now seems to involve looking at videos sent in by agents.
  • A club that at least challenges for promotion most seasons, one that is capable of top 10 finishes most seasons, and has a positive outlook, rather than the current inward, "little old Norwich" one that is eating away at the core of the club like a cancer. Some attitude!

I''m not advocating anything too sensational or overtly ambitious there, just what seems reasonable, and, given our relative size and club history, something that shouldn''t be too difficult to achieve?

Well, my brother Bob Chase is a paramedic in Australia, but I couldn''t tell you what Lord Landgrab is doing these days.Ooh, Alex NCFC, that''s a nice picture.... Anyway I shouldn''t really be here cos I''m a Binner, but it''s okay cos my dad is a Budgie. Anyway, better luck with the next manager!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Ah yes, the Youth policy....

that the club would plonk Thorne in front of him, an ageing, unfit, expensive has been, who doesn''t give a *** for this club and is probably laughing all the way to the bank...words fail me.

[/quote]

A quote by wenger the other day, when their striker got injured - his name evades me now - wait Adebayor, Wenger was asked if he would bring in a striker in the transfer window.  Wenger said something along the lines of we have many youth players I don''t want to sign another player to get in their way......

Thorne - TO ZERO, NIL, NONE, ABSOLUTELY SWEET BLOODY F-A- effect has sat on the bench ahead of Jarvis all season.