Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Why is Dublin being dropped?

Am I the only one who thinks this is madness - dropping Dublin for Brown in our match tomorrow? Brown hasn''t played much recently so won''t be fully match fit and Dublin has been our star player in the past few games. We showed when he went off against Tamworth how much we missed him. Ok Brown is a new signing and I''m sure Grant wants to prove to the fans that he is a good aquisition but surely this is poor management? If I was Dublin i''d be pretty cheesed off!

Dublin''s hold up play, his awareness, his brining of others into the game and his leadership are invaluable - can Brown really offer all of that at 22??? Now I will give Brown 100% support if he does indeed start but I can''t help feeling this is the wrong move by Grant and it makes Brown''s life harder as he''s under immediate pressure.

If Grant really wants Brown to play that badly then at least move Dublin into defence - he is wasted on the bench and Shacks looked so much better playing alongside Dublin rather than Donkerty!!

Problem is alex, if Grant didnt start brown, and dublin played crap and we lost, a large number would be questioning why we didnt start of with our signing. If we pay £325,000 for any player, you atleast expect them to play. If he has the chance to play today, then so be it!

Dublin, i think, should go into defence.

Hve you seen the team sheet? How do we know he is being dropped?Dion is a precious asset, - skill, experience, commitment and versatility, but his legs are old and on heavy pitches get tired. Whether PG will play him from the start, or bring him on later, and whether he will play forward or in defence - a difficult decision, remains to be seen.

At some stage 37 years has to be taken into account - we have to plan for next season and build a team around that.  Dion can only ever be a stop gap player and can nothave long term part in our playing plans.   He can be a valuable short term asset but at some stage we have to stop going for todays result and building for tomorrows promotion.  None of knows how much longer Dion can continue.     

Teams do well when there is stability in the squad and tactical approach - we have to move that way at some stage and a home game against one of the weaker teams left to come to carrow road (have you seen the teams left to visit?  there wont be an easy game to play him) is a good starting place - an d he will arrive with max enthusiasm, confidence and effort.   And Dion can have that impact for the last  30mins if needed.  

It looks irrelevant any way as Earnie seems likely to miss the game with an injury (where as those conspiracy theory posts?? - they should have been on here by now [;)] )

The same comments apply to the back as well as the forward positions.

Who said Dion is being dropped, did they announce the team yesterday??

Doherty should be dropped, yes Dublin has done well up front but he''s done equally as well asa a centre half. Doherty has been awful recently and it is clear Dublin inpires the rest of the defence too play well, in particular shackell. That means Brown can play up front and we also have a solid looking defence.

Unfortunately, PG doesnt seem to see it like that, ireckon dublim might start though with brown on the bench.

[quote user="cityangel"]Who said Dion is being dropped, did they announce the team yesterday??[/quote] All of the reports are saying that Brown is expected to make his debut on saturday with Dion droping to the bench! Yes it''s not set in stone but all of the reports i''ve seen concur on this happening!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Play Brown, put Dublin at the back and move the Doc to the bench! - everyone is happy.[/quote]

Not quite everyone [;)]

[quote user="dr livingstone"]

where have you seen dion is dropped?.

brown might play because earnie has a injury and could be out.

stop moaning and get behind brown and the team.

[/quote] I will support Brown 100% if he plays but I would still be happier to keep the team that started against Tamworth with Dublin up front and have Brown on the bench. He''s only been at the club two days and won''t be fully match fit so in my opinion starting him in place of a player who played brilliatly last game doesn''t make total sense! Just my opinion though!

[quote user="allways travelling"]I would like to see dublin become player coach role under granty. Need to sign him to this club for as long as possible he has a wealth of experience.Future manager one day.[/quote] Why are people so quick to want to retire Dublin. On his performances this season he is still every bit a good player and has become an essential part of our team. In my opinion he is just the sort of player we need to get us out of the Champ and rather than dropping him and pushing him into a coaching role he should be utilised as a target man. In the future a player coach role would be a good idea but at the moment let him concentrate on what he does best - playing as a target man up front with Earnie!

he proberly wont i saw earnshaw might not be fit so, dubs and brown will have to play if that is the case then Earnshaw must be leaving, but whenever i see a player is not fit they always play even if they dont normally so..........lets wait till the match starts..........................

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="allways travelling"]I would like to see dublin become player coach role under granty. Need to sign him to this club for as long as possible he has a wealth of experience.Future manager one day.[/quote] Why are people so quick to want to retire Dublin. On his performances this season he is still every bit a good player and has become an essential part of our team. In my opinion he is just the sort of player we need to get us out of the Champ and rather than dropping him and pushing him into a coaching role he should be utilised as a target man. In the future a player coach role would be a good idea but at the moment let him concentrate on what he does best - playing as a target man up front with Earnie![/quote]Please read properley i said player coach does that make sense.

[quote user="sonnycityfan aka Ginger Pele"]he proberly wont i saw earnshaw might not be fit so, dubs and brown will have to play if that is the case then Earnshaw must be leaving, but whenever i see a player is not fit they always play even if they dont normally so..........lets wait till the match starts..........................[/quote]That doesn''t make much sense Pele - Grant seemed to play Earnie in the cup just to make the point to people that there are no plans to sell him. Result? Minor injury that he was carrying becomes worse and reduces his chances of playing the next league game. Yet now you''re saying he''s leaving if he doesn''t play! So what does grant have to do? Play him again and mess his knee up some more? He can''t win!

Right, so after this debacle can we now ban posts slamming the team sheet before it has been anounced? Honestly, 2 wasted pages for something that was never anything more than speculation well wide of the mark.

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"] 2 wasted pages for something that was never anything more than speculation well wide of the mark.[/quote]What are you talking about? That''s normal for these boards, these days...

[quote user="allways travelling"][quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="allways travelling"]I would like to see dublin become player coach role under granty. Need to sign him to this club for as long as possible he has a wealth of experience.Future manager one day.[/quote] Why are people so quick to want to retire Dublin. On his performances this season he is still every bit a good player and has become an essential part of our team. In my opinion he is just the sort of player we need to get us out of the Champ and rather than dropping him and pushing him into a coaching role he should be utilised as a target man. In the future a player coach role would be a good idea but at the moment let him concentrate on what he does best - playing as a target man up front with Earnie![/quote]Please read properley i said player coach does that make sense.[/quote] Please read my post properly too - I quoted your post because I was agreeing that in the future assigning Dublin to a player coach role would be a good idea but not quite yet!!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Crazy Eddie"] 2 wasted pages for something that was never anything more than speculation well wide of the mark.[/quote]What are you talking about? That''s normal for these boards, these days...[/quote]Quite, though they often make 4 pages or more.Maybe this post will take it into the third, just to keep up the trend... [;)]

[quote user="Herb"]
Quite, though they often make 4 pages or more.
Maybe this post will take it into the third, just to keep up the trend... [;)]
[/quote]

No,

it

will

never

happen