Sign in to follow this  
Notts Canary

Grant: good banter!!

Think in the current climate this post is not going to go down to well but did enjoy Grant''s post match comment. When talking about the freekicks he said "Stevie Wonder could have seen there was a big gap". Worthy would have been banging on about workrate!!

Would have mentioned about the current situation but just a bit to depressing!!!

Well did ''Stevie Wonder'' see the same bloody gap in training..............................

THERE IS NO BLOODY EXCUSE FOR THIS.

We have appointed a worse manager than worthington in my opinion.  We should be making a big effort to bring in Lee Camp immediatly as a priority.

A poor goalkeeper affects the whole defense and Gallacher is just not good enough.  Dion Has to be brought back into defense ASAP.

Grant gave me the impression that he was very unhappy with Gallagher, and  ithink he''ll be doing everything that is humanly possible too bring in a repalcement this week.

[quote user="ricky knight"]and stevie wonder could see he is not good enough to manage NCFC.[/quote]

hehehe  [Y]

and Stevie Wonder could see that there is no way on earth that PG and this inept baord of ours are going to turn things around now...

Get those shares up for sale Delia... Stevie wants to see how much it will cost him to take this club that has become such a burden to you off your hands!!!

I didnt hear the interview but the stevie wonder line isn`t bad.

I dont know if I am a Grant supporter or not yet, unfortunately I am begining to err on the down side.

He did in fairness pick Gallagher out as a weakness when he watched us play at QPR before he even took up the job. He got a new keeper in straight away and a lot of people were surprised.

Shame we still have Gallagher in goal and that Camp has gone. I guess we are still after him  

Yeah, err like good joke, not sure who should feel the most insulted - Stevie Wonder - Gallagher or the fans at least our manager sounds pretty chipper about things after another ''Grantesque performance'' so I guess thats ok!. Worthy must be laughing his little Irish socks off, that''s if he wasn''t too busy spending his 600 grand!

He is a disaster of a manager, on and off the field, couldn''t motivate his side for a local derby a few weeks in to the job - said it all really

It''s not too early to tell he is the wrong man for the job and the club got the wrong man  its been obvious for everyone to see that the best Norwich can hope for during his time at the club is mid table - even Stevie Wonder could see that

I don''t blame Grant.  The guy has not had a chance.  This slipping towards relegation has been on the cards for a while.  The moment we did not sign anyone decent in the summer we got promoted to the prem a double relegation did cross my mind.  The same thing that happened iirc to Man City a while back.  And another point on that is I believe Man City went down to third tier of English football with a positive goal difference +2 and 52 points I think.

I have an awful feeling that if we do not go down this season, we will next.  Things will have to change, and change drastically just to keep us in the championship next season. 

The last 10-11 years have been the worst of the 22 years I have supported the canaries and that is despite the promotion.  We have gone about things totally the wrong way.  Do we seriously harbour any real ambition?  Are the board willing to take any risks to get the club anywhere?  If not then the board doesn''t have ambition. 

It is a dangerous game to play being content with life in the Championship and hoping for the playoffs at the start of the season, as relegation can easily creep up on you.  It happened to so-called bigger clubs than ourselves in Man City and Forest and could quite easily happen to us. 

Just because we are Norwich City playing in league one does not give us the god given right of promotion back to the championship.  Will t-shirts and banners be produced again, but this time reading on loan to league one, rather than the first division when we were relegated from the prem in 1995?

Grant needs time, however I will contradict myself here and say he is not the right man for the job.  He was not right for us in the position we are in.  We desperately needed someone with guile and experience.  Grant may come good with time.  Look how shocking Ferguson was for Man U, when he first went there.  The problem here is we don''t have the time to give Grant.

I never thought I would ever say this, we all wanted Mr. Chase out, which definitely did need to happen.  But can you sit down and say that anything has improved since his departure?  During Chase''s reign, I know he had a policy of selling our best players, but at least we did have good youngsters come through and we always seemed to manage to find decent cheap players as well.

We don''t even have this now, where are we going?  Is there any hope?

[quote user="Honest Joe"]<We have appointed a worse manager than worthington in my opinion>Well I did say keep Worthington didn''t I?[/quote]

To be fair to Grant in positional terms in the division, he is doing no worse than worthington whom was sacked in 17th I think anyway.  And Worthy signed this shower of *.

I do feel sorry for Gally in a way - his confidence must be shot by the personal attacks on him in the press by our ''talented'' manager.  Is he doing this to every player??  I notice Safri now plays so obviously Grant cant tell if a player is decent by himslef he needs his whole squad, local commentators and 20,000 fans screaming a players name to get him picked.  ANd why oh why Martin never got a game today - afraid of youth too it would seem.

GRANT O....   I am so close to feeling this has been a disastrous appointment

talking of Blind, Grant said he was NOT looking to add to the defence.

Thats frankly shocking.

Ray Charles could have seen thats not right.

He is not only blind but deceased

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

I do feel sorry for Gally in a way - his confidence must be shot by the personal attacks on him in the press by our ''talented'' manager.  Is he doing this to every player

[/quote]

So Grants comments are harming the players? You and several others consistently post personal attacks on the players, presumably in the hope that they will get to see them. I don''t suppose you think this might damage morale then?[*-)]

There are no consequences to the tripe posted on this forum. Sack Grant, sack the board, get a billionaire buyer, get rid of our whole squad! All cr*p theories without any foundation in the real world.

We are not a very good team at the moment, we are in transition and with some luck and good judgement we will get better. Live with it and get over yourselves.

Peter Grant was head-hunted, and didn''t actually apply for the position, he''s who the ''board'' wanted at the helm. I do think the rest of the applicants were wasting their time. I also personally think he was selected because he was prepared to work with the current set-up and to proceed with the minimum of disruption, and willing to retain the same Dougie an'' Co and the ineffective playing squad - therefore, maintining the luvverly prudence and togetherfullness. I''m not saying PG is a ''yes man'' but, could you imagine the likes of Ian Holloway working with/alongside our board?

I was scrutinising PG throughout the game whilst he gestured, pointed, shouted and wrote things down on his little notepad. At no time, did I see any of the players actually looking towards. or taking any notice of the manager in the technical area. When Safri scored, he ran to the bench and hugged Terry Postle the kit-man - and totally ignored the manager. I can''t think why?

Never mind, there''s always next season..........same coaching staff, same squad, same board - and the same bored. ''ON THE FALL CITY!'' [:(]