Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

grants comments

grants comments (from the bbc site):"We were poor. In the second half it went from worse to worse.

"To concede two goals from free-kicks beggars belief. Too many players

were mentally weak, content to pass the buck to someone else. It was

unacceptable.

"We do not give ourselves a chance when we play like that. Too

many players are in the comfort zone. The group will be changed, make

no mistake about that."

Grant seems to be  reflecting what a lot of us are thinking (which is kind of re-assuring..). IMO our fortunes will hinge entirely on whether the board allow the funds to be able to sort out this awful squad..

sooner rather than later guys!

Last week Grant also said he was NOT looking to stregthen the defence which is frankly shocking.

How many goals will we continue to ship against teams who can hardly score against anyone else.

At such a critical time in our future im not sure the board should have appointed someone of such little experience.

I hope I am totally wrong and Grant can turn things around.

In a way I feel sorry for him because the damage of building such a poor first team squad and youth system was done before he arrived.

I agree in principal Grant''s comments are reassuring, but I seriously doubt the Board agree, and I would be surprised if there are any new signings next week.

Imo we need at least three more permanent signings and a couple of loans signings before the end of January or we really are up * creek.

At least Grant isn''t in denial about the situation... His post-match comments on the BBC website:"We were poor. In the second half it went from worse to worse."To concede two goals from free-kicks beggars belief. Too many players

were mentally weak, content to pass the buck to someone else. It was

unacceptable."We do not give ourselves a chance when we play like that. Too

many players are in the comfort zone. The group will be changed, make

no mistake about that."But at the same time he didn''t criticise individual players in public, which would always be the beginning of the end... Also, in my view, I think Granty is the kind to jump before he''s pushed so I can''t see this dragging out beyond the season if things don''t get better. However, if we''re in league one by then I guess its not much of a consolation.

Atleast he realises how crap we are unlike worthington who would "defend the players"

Now he must turn words into action.