Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Why is Drury still captain???????

He is a crap captain - we all know this - so why haven''t we given the armband to Dublin?  He barely said a word today.  THIS CLUB IS A TOTAL SHAMBLES and the fact the quietest player in the squad is captain shows just how badly managed this club is.

SORT IT OUT GRANT......................

This club needed a shakeup....  It hasn''t had one.  A clone of the manager, same backroom staff, same team, same captain, worse performances....  APPALLING.

i agree dublin shud b captain, he talks to his players, orders them about, has good experience and is most probably the best player we have, so y isnt he captain?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

He is a crap captain - we all know this - so why haven''t we given the armband to Dublin?  He barely said a word today.  THIS CLUB IS A TOTAL SHAMBLES and the fact the quietest player in the squad is captain shows just how badly managed this club is.

This club needed a shakeup....  It hasn''t had one.  A clone of the manager, same backroom staff, same team, same captain, worse performances....  APPALLING.

[/quote]

Spot on Foggy ,he is lucky to be playing never mind about captain , i have started to lose  faith with this set up , i don''t like what i am seeing , i said that P G was not my choice , but i would give him time , his time is running out fast .

even though dublin isnt captain he still influences them and do you think this would change if he was captain? i dont   

[quote user="sammyseal"]even though dublin isnt captain he still influences them and do you think this would change if he was captain? i dont   [/quote]

Please answer this: why is Drury Captain??

he has not got the attributes of a captain - in fact you get the impression he doesn''t want to be captain!!!

It shows just how crud a setup Grant has when he cant even spot that the captaincy is in the wrong hands and change it.

Make a player with the attributes of a captain a captain!! Its simple!!!

A leader on the pitch should have been a top priority in the summer....let alone now. Drury is a quiet lad and totally out of his depth.....but who the hell else is there worthy of the position?........Daft as it may seem...only Dion Dublin has any form of influence on the pitch....so I guess I''d plump for him....

Dublin acts like a captain anyway, so why would an armband make any difference?  All it would do would further deflate the confidence of Drury. 

So no, sorry its stupid and negative idea.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

Dublin acts like a captain anyway, so why would an armband make any difference?  All it would do would further deflate the confidence of Drury. 

[/quote]

I don''t actually think Drury wants to be captin.  It certainly didnt affect his confidence last time it was moved.  In fact you didnt get the impression he wanted it second time round either.

Whats stupid and negative is having a guy whom has no attributes of a captain in the role. 

nothing has changed since worthy was sacked, and so results are no better either.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

I don''t actually think Drury wants to be captin.  It certainly didnt affect his confidence last time it was moved.  In fact you didnt get the impression he wanted it second time round either.

Whats stupid and negative is having a guy whom has no attributes of a captain in the role. 

nothing has changed since worthy was sacked, and so results are no better either.

[/quote]

There is an interview with him in the programme where I''m sure he mentions something along these lines, well, as good as. He''s never looked interested in it, and I got the impression his performances IMPROVED last time the captaincy was taken off him, as the weight was lifted from his shoulders. Players like Malky and Dion are natural choices for the captain. I look at Drury and I actually truly think that he is the last person I would have as our captain.