Sign in to follow this  
thefutureisyellow

GOODBYE PAUL MCVIEGH

wE lOvE yOU pAUL mCvEIgH

Not anymore son. I hope we dont see you on the pitch at Carrow Road again.

When you went off I hope it was for good. You are disgrace. You had great support at this club from the fans and from the management and you have pi.s.d it up the wall.

Preening your pathetic hair do and looking 100% disinterested may have impressed Grant on the training pitch but it does not impress me in a match.

Why or how you have ended up like this I dont know and I dont care, we pay good money to watch you, you are supposed to be a Pro. go out and try working for a living you posing pillock!!

YOU SUM UP OUR PERFORMANCE TODAY

He was absolutely shocking today. Also noticed that he stormed off down the tunnel about 10 mins after being subed and barged into the stewards.... hopefully that''ll be the last time he leaves the pitch in a Norwich shirt.

I as a fan have supported him throughout his time here.  but when he arrived from the summer a good 2 srtone to heavy you just have to wonder.

In my opinion he can just * Off ASAP.  What a disgraceful human being, being paid a kings ransom and showing nothing for 20,000 fans whom idolised him

......................he was active on one occasion this afternoon - in the first 10 mins when a header from him resulted in him losing his hair-band! 

Says it all doesn''t it?

I don''t know whats happened with McVeigh.

A few seasons ago he was on fore, scoring goals, making them, there was talk of him getting a move to a Prem club, I remember him being linked with a return to Tottenham at one point. I also recall a 5 Live half time report where the reporter said two Prem managers at the game at that time were talking about McVeigh at half time!

Seems he had a choice of making it or choosing the pipe and slippers. Seems he has chosen the latter. Well, you can do it elsewhere Paul, ta ta...if you get a club thats interested that is, your mate Mullers hasn''t done very well, has he?

When you see players like him still being humoured and picked by the Manager, where-as someone like Henderson is hounded out on exile to Rotherham, it really makes you wonder...

I''m very upset by the McVeigh situation. I have always been a fan and he undoubtedly has talent but he has let the club and fans down badly. Clearly doesn''t want to be at the club so goodbye. I''m surprised he was chosen to partner Dion up front considering recent performances. Why not go with Brown or Jarvis or even Martin??

There are far worse players to off load before PMV.  If he is allowed to play, at least we get more creative play and something may happen. 

Certainly no substitute for Earnshaw''s absence...unfortunately a lad with a lot of skill who has had more than his fair share of time at CR, time for him to work for his living... somewhere else.

[quote user="mr_biff"]

There are far worse players to off load before PMV.  If he is allowed to play, at least we get more creative play and something may happen. 

[/quote] He didn''t create anything and he didn''t try either - at least Robinson and Hughes put in effort!!

[quote user="superhux"]He was absolutely shocking today. Also noticed that he stormed off down the tunnel about 10 mins after being subed and barged into the stewards.... hopefully that''ll be the last time he leaves the pitch in a Norwich shirt.[/quote]

no he didnt.. he sat on the dugout next to Joe Lewis without his tracksuit on for a while...

I actually think McVeigh did ok today.. one or 2 dodgy moments but he contributed more than Lee "people are deluded into thinking im good but im not" Croft.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="superhux"]He was absolutely shocking today. Also noticed that he stormed off down the tunnel about 10 mins after being subed and barged into the stewards.... hopefully that''ll be the last time he leaves the pitch in a Norwich shirt.[/quote]

no he didnt.. he sat on the dugout next to Joe Lewis without his tracksuit on for a while...

I actually think McVeigh did ok today.. one or 2 dodgy moments but he contributed more than Lee "people are deluded into thinking im good but im not" Croft.

[/quote]

I thought his workrate was ok, but his touch, usually his strongpoint, was not good at all. He''s actually played far worse and worked less though, but the result today has made everyone over-react. I got the impression that Grant played him as a "shop-window" opportunity though, so maybe he''ll be gone soon.

the day i lost respect for Mcveigh, was the friday night before the man utd game a couple of years ago, its was about 10-11pm at the tuckwood roundabout garage, he was loading up on alchopops.

i remember thinking, if i was him even though i wasnt playing that to turn down the chance to go to old trafford for our arguably biggest match of the season showed a lack of team spirit and interest in his own team. that there must be something wrong there.

Quite surprised by the lynch mob out for McVeigh''s blood on this post. I actually agree with Jas, I thought McV did ok today, i remember at least 4 good thru balls by McVeigh that were wasted. What people forget is that McVeigh has not had an extended run in the team for about 3 years. You cant expect him to come straight into the team and be the McVeigh of old ala the Playoff Final season. Any player needs an extended run of 5 or 6 games before there at there best. McVeigh gets 5 or 10 mins every other game and the occasional start. There is no way he is gonna get the sharpness and confidence needed to be the sort of player he is, which is a flair player. Flair players thrive on sharpness and confidence to try the creative things. What I saw today was a flair player trying to do the things he''s known for but they simply werent coming off because of a lack of sharpness, touch and confidence. This is due solely to being out of the team for so long.If McVeigh gets an extended run in the team im positve we''d see the him of old. Name me one player that can come straight into a team and be at his best. It takes time and it takes minutes on the pitch. Anyone who has actually played football knows you need at the very least 3 or 4 games to find your stride and get back to your best. I hope if Earnie is out that McVeigh gets an extended run up front alongside Dublin now, if only to prove what im saying as right.We should be moaning about the shocking defence today, and notably Gallachers ineptness and Docs poor tackle for the first free kick.

A good committed pro , doesn''t allow himself to become fat and unfit, not to mention turning into a laughing  stock of a guy with a girlie hairband. Hairband aside, he has lost his way in football and it might seems in life.

Hes mind is else where and he better follow that, where ever it might be.

fastest he moved all day was when he came hammering past me on the a47 after the game! hope he carried on all the way back to N.Ireland.

The truth is that McVeigh has squandered his talent. I thought yesterday was one occasion when he wanted to use it, but when he tried, it wasn''t there any more. You could still see flashes of the great ability he used to have. It''s a shame, because actually he is (or was) a better all-round player than Earnie. He could have been a fixture in the side if he''d made the effort, but he never did, and it''s no good blaming the manager.

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]

the day i lost respect for Mcveigh, was the friday night before the man utd game a couple of years ago, its was about 10-11pm at the tuckwood roundabout garage, he was loading up on alchopops.

i remember thinking, if i was him even though i wasnt playing that to turn down the chance to go to old trafford for our arguably biggest match of the season showed a lack of team spirit and interest in his own team. that there must be something wrong there.

[/quote]

Didn''t PMV score at Old Trafford?

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]

[/quote]

he played and scored at Old trafford greg

he wouldnt of been buying Alcopops at 11 pm the night before as they tyravelled to old Trafford on the Friday before the game. and it was a noon kick off...

Are u sure it was him?

GOODBYE PAUL MCVIEGH - and GOOD RIDDANCE I say!!

Nuff-said on that!  Go join your old mate Phil MULRINE seen last week in the City getting heavily p...ed.

correct me if im wrong but mcveigh did play against man united away and scored didnt he?? we lost 2-1 and he got out goal? anyway i agree his performance was poor, if we loaned him out 2 a lower league club he may be able 2 find form again, thats not gonna happen here with the odd game and many fans getting on his back.

[quote user="BarclayBoy"]Quite surprised by the lynch mob out for McVeigh''s blood on this post. I actually agree with Jas, I thought McV did ok today, i remember at least 4 good thru balls by McVeigh that were wasted. What people forget is that McVeigh has not had an extended run in the team for about 3 years. You cant expect him to come straight into the team and be the McVeigh of old ala the Playoff Final season.

Any player needs an extended run of 5 or 6 games before there at there best. McVeigh gets 5 or 10 mins every other game and the occasional start. There is no way he is gonna get the sharpness and confidence needed to be the sort of player he is, which is a flair player. Flair players thrive on sharpness and confidence to try the creative things. What I saw today was a flair player trying to do the things he''s known for but they simply werent coming off because of a lack of sharpness, touch and confidence. This is due solely to being out of the team for so long.

If McVeigh gets an extended run in the team im positve we''d see the him of old. Name me one player that can come straight into a team and be at his best. It takes time and it takes minutes on the pitch. Anyone who has actually played football knows you need at the very least 3 or 4 games to find your stride and get back to your best. I hope if Earnie is out that McVeigh gets an extended run up front alongside Dublin now, if only to prove what im saying as right.

We should be moaning about the shocking defence today, and notably Gallachers ineptness and Docs poor tackle for the first free kick.
[/quote]

I agree with you to an extent; it does take time and games for a player to get his sharpness back and to get used to the team around him. In addition, it must be ten times harder when there is no pattern or consistency from those other players. Many of McVeigh''s mistakes today came from being on the wrong wavelength from those around him. However, what is upsetting a lot of people is his apparent attitude. As people have already observed, he''s gained weight and just doesn''t look as though he cares anymore. What this team needs right now is a number of players with drive and determination but PMV just gives the impression he lacks that (along with many others, to be fair).

[quote user="BarclayBoy"]Quite surprised by the lynch mob out for McVeigh''s blood on this post. I actually agree with Jas, I thought McV did ok today, i remember at least 4 good thru balls by McVeigh that were wasted. What people forget is that McVeigh has not had an extended run in the team for about 3 years. You cant expect him to come straight into the team and be the McVeigh of old ala the Playoff Final season.

Any player needs an extended run of 5 or 6 games before there at there best. McVeigh gets 5 or 10 mins every other game and the occasional start. There is no way he is gonna get the sharpness and confidence needed to be the sort of player he is, which is a flair player. Flair players thrive on sharpness and confidence to try the creative things. What I saw today was a flair player trying to do the things he''s known for but they simply werent coming off because of a lack of sharpness, touch and confidence. This is due solely to being out of the team for so long.

If McVeigh gets an extended run in the team im positve we''d see the him of old. Name me one player that can come straight into a team and be at his best. It takes time and it takes minutes on the pitch. Anyone who has actually played football knows you need at the very least 3 or 4 games to find your stride and get back to your best. I hope if Earnie is out that McVeigh gets an extended run up front alongside Dublin now, if only to prove what im saying as right.

We should be moaning about the shocking defence today, and notably Gallachers ineptness and Docs poor tackle for the first free kick.
[/quote]

interesting we both thought McVeigh had a good game and both sit in the Barclay.. a few people around me said he did too..

i guess u see the game differently if u sit elsewhere in the ground, My Mate in the Jarrold says we didnt deserve to lose as they were no better than us.. but i thought we were awful 2nd half.. Different Stand Different View.

I would just like to say i was at the plymouth game yesterday and i was firstly annoyed at Grant''s descion of playing Mc Veigh and secondly of how Mc Veigh played. During the first half he didnt even try and hardly made any sucsessful passes, he showed a glimer of trying in the first ten minuets of the second half, but then he just couldnt be bothered. im suprised he didnt get subed sooner. i think that Grant should put him up for transfer while he has the chance we could get a few quid for him. What do you think?

McVeigh is probably one of the most skilful players at the Club, but, unfortunately, there''s a big difference between being skilful and applying it regularly and making a big contribution to the cause week in, week out. This seems to be his biggest downfall in my opinion, he seems to spend far to much time out of the game.