Sign in to follow this  
Canary Pirate

WHAT IS A SUPPORTER ???

Surely a Norwich City supporter goes to the game to cheer on whoever happens to be wearing the yellow and green. I am far from happy with the current situation and agree with many of the criticism''s posted. So while we wait for the board to be sacked, the manager to be sacked, the players to be shipped out, what are you going to do ? Well if you are that p.......d off and want to do something different with your money, thats fine ! But for goodness sake, if you do go to the game, whats the point in booing, getting on the players backs at the first sign of danger and chanting " what a load of rubbish " at the end. I''m sure most of them know we think they are crap without being reminded about it all through the game.

If we are helpless to change many of the things we think would improve this club ( and lets face it we all have different opinions ), the least we can do is cheer the team on regardless, as once thats gone no player is going to want the ball anyway. I felt sorry for Chris Brown, pilloried before he arrived, did his best under very difficult circumstances and left the field to a chorus of " what a load of rubbish ". What sort of support is that !

If you want to improve our chances of relegation, then carry on with more of the same !

OTBC

A supporter wants the best for his club and if it is being taken down the tubes he or she has the right to vent their anger and frustration at an inept board, a terrible manager, and players who have no pride in their shirt and whatever it takes to get the message across is acceptable imo. Are we supposed to smile, clap, kiss Delias feet while we get relegated.

Helpless to change things,   perhaps you weren’t around when Robert Chase was driven out of our club?  Positive action has been taken before and if things continue as they are will be taken again.

Sorry I really don’t buy into this whole scarf waving definition of support, our club has been spiralling ever downwards since we walked out of Craven Cottage and its getting worse and no amount of active scarf action will do damn thing about it.

The change must come from the very top as the continued mismanagement must not be tolerated for the long term good of the club

Totally agree Mr Carrow.  Booing and chants of what a load of rubbish do nothing other than harm the team - if that''s your objective, then carry on, but do not do that and still pretend to be a supporter, cos you just aren''t.

Yesterday, we were rubbish, full stop.  In all areas we did not compete and showed how weak our squad is.  We desperately need new players in and whilst I am still far from convinced by Grant, we should get behind him whilst he''s here.  We must also get behind new signings rather than destroy them from the start.  Ridiculous posters like Smudger who are slating him before they have even seen him play are symptomatic of the problems with our so-called supporters.

I realise that most of the total negativity on here is by people who do not go to games or go once or twice a season, but do you not think that the manager, players and board want things to be immeasurably better?  Do you not think that they are looking for the answer, as are the managers, players and boards of 75% of the clubs in each division? 

I for one will always support my team - we''re having a bad, bad time, but we will bounce back.  The only thing we can do for the club is to stay as positive as we can and give the players our backing.  Yes, we are fully entitled to moan and criticize, but booing and those type of chants - depends what you want to achieve.

On the ball city.

I personally don''t barrack  the team or boo at the end, however i also cant muster the will or power to sing or chant.

I sit there in silence which is what i think alot of apathetic fans do. Better than barracking i feel. The lesser of two evils.

[quote user="Mister Carrow"]

Surely a Norwich City supporter goes to the game to cheer on whoever happens to be wearing the yellow and green. I am far from happy with the current situation and agree with many of the criticism''s posted. So while we wait for the board to be sacked, the manager to be sacked, the players to be shipped out, what are you going to do ? Well if you are that p.......d off and want to do something different with your money, thats fine ! But for goodness sake, if you do go to the game, whats the point in booing, getting on the players backs at the first sign of danger and chanting " what a load of rubbish " at the end. I''m sure most of them know we think they are crap without being reminded about it all through the game.

If we are helpless to change many of the things we think would improve this club ( and lets face it we all have different opinions ), the least we can do is cheer the team on regardless, as once thats gone no player is going to want the ball anyway. I felt sorry for Chris Brown, pilloried before he arrived, did his best under very difficult circumstances and left the field to a chorus of " what a load of rubbish ". What sort of support is that !

If you want to improve our chances of relegation, then carry on with more of the same !

OTBC

[/quote]

I agree. I don''t enjoy the current situation, but if we did get relegated I think the very people booing will have more than played their part in our downfall. If I was a player at CR I certainly wouldn''t play better with the * that''s going on there. Visiting teams must love having to come to CR now they''ve got a ''12th man''. I''m not liking the results at the moment but I''ll support Norwich through thick and thin, if there wasn''t bad times then the good times wouldn''t be appreciated i.e comfortable Man Utd fans. Too many were too quick to jump on the players back....You forget these are the players that gave us a storming start to the season, so maybe they''re not lazy just god damn downhearted.

As if we can make any difference to the level of performance at all. Whether we all dance around like pans people, whooping and peeing our pants with joy every time we win a throw in or sit in stony silence holding our heads in our hands as the might of plymouth argos roll us over at home makes not one jot of difference. As usual the ubiquitous pillock on canary call last night blamed the fans for lack of atmosphere.    

Get real Mr Carrow, what do you expect after that rubbish yesterday, a standing ovation at the end of the game? We have too many players who are in the comfort zone and could not care less, If they can''t put it on the line for my club, please don''t expect me to applaud them after dishing up that dross. I am well aware that they are not all blessed with talent but I do expext 100% commitment from each and every one of them and sadly, some of them are not delivering. 

Have to agree with this one.  Everyone connected with the club must know that (the majority of ) the fans are unhappy with the current situation.  We need to get behind the team during games and cheer them on.  At least then we cannot be accused of contributing to the current malaise.  What message does it send out to potential players when our latest signing is pilloried before he even plays?  Surely we have learnt from other cases, Iwan, Malky etc that players usually take time to settle in to a new club and we should at least give players the chance to play themselves in.  Lets not make our minds up too quickly. 

After all if fans of the clubs that Robinson, Thorne, Hughes, etc will go to ask our opinions they would probably only get those who are most vociferous in their criticism rather than those, no matter how few, who appreciate their finer points. 

[quote user="Mister Carrow"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Cheering and singing at a football match is a spontaneous act and to even begin to try to falsify such a thing is impossible. The atmosphere at a ground largely reflects what''s going on on the pitch....and when the crowd is being given little to cheer about...they go quiet.....That''s what happens.... Add to that overt laziness and contempt for the paying public....then you get derision.....and damn right too. They deserve everything they get.

Any of us can only laugh at the same joke a few of times no matter how funny the comedian might be....after which it becomes dull and repetitive....even irritating.  Sadly that''s what NCFC are doing to even their most loyal fans these days.....and that''s plain and simple dishonesty.

this is rubbish.

the team were backed all game, i heard no one booing at any player for 85 mins.

then we had a right to let the players, manager,and board know how we felt.

were you happy at the end ?

if you are you are part of whats wrong with this club, no passion.

Some very interesting responses, but its a pity that some points I have made in which I agree with many of you have been ignored. I have clearly stated that I am not happy and that there are many ways to voice our opinions. All I am doing is questioning exactly what we have to gain by our negative responses during yesterdays game. Paul McVeigh ( regardless of what we think of him ) never stood a chance from the very first time he touched the ball, indeed following his second touch people around me were shouting " get him off ! ".

Its easy to support your team when you are successful and being swept along on the crest of a wave. I challenge you to give your vocal support for the long term benefit of the club and to help keep us in the championship whilst things are going badly. That will identify the true supporters.

And, in reply to another post, yes I am for real. I went to my first game when I was 8, ( thats 42 years ago ) and have supported them regardless of the circumstances at this club ever since so I certainly can not be accused of lacking passion. Its a great pity that open discussion can not occur without other posters rubbishing someone elses opinion just because they disagree.

The vast majority of people around me seemed to be supporting the team for the whole 90 minutes and saved showing their feelings until the final whistle, which, in my opinion, is the way it should be.

Of course there were many times during game when groans were let out as the mistakes multipled, but what do you really expect?

Ok, there have been many times in the past when the crowd have made more noise, but, equally, there have been many occassions when the atmosphere was a lot worse.

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]

The vast majority of people around me seemed to be supporting the team for the whole 90 minutes and saved showing their feelings until the final whistle, which, in my opinion, is the way it should be.

Of course there were many times during game when groans were let out as the mistakes multipled, but what do you really expect?

Ok, there have been many times in the past when the crowd have made more noise, but, equally, there have been many occassions when the atmosphere was a lot worse.

[/quote]

I suppose what I expect ( or perhaps what I hope for ) is that we all stick together. I come from the part of the ground where one guy shouts and complains about every single decision ( he definitely see''s the world through yellow and green glasses ! ) and wants everyone sacked including the referee, his assistants, the ball boys, the tea lady etc etc so sometimes its difficult to tune in to some of the other crowd reaction from other parts of the ground, but I take your point. It sounds like we are not in unison and there are differing reactions to events on the field from different areas of the ground. 

Are you for real mate.I dont agree with booing players etc...whilst the game is on, does no good for anyone but everyone has a right to vent their views at the end of the match. Are we just supposed to sit their and clap and watch are club go down the toilet.Its no different at any other club in the world, at the very least it shows some passion. We all get behind the team during the game.One thing you can be sure of is that we will be there for many more years to come, the manager, players wont be thats for sure.The football club belongs to the fans & the city.

[quote user="Dicky"]

Totally agree Mr Carrow.  Booing and chants of what a load of rubbish do nothing other than harm the team - if that''s your objective, then carry on, but do not do that and still pretend to be a supporter, cos you just aren''t.

Yesterday, we were rubbish, full stop.  In all areas we did not compete and showed how weak our squad is.  We desperately need new players in and whilst I am still far from convinced by Grant, we should get behind him whilst he''s here.  We must also get behind new signings rather than destroy them from the start.  Ridiculous posters like Smudger who are slating him before they have even seen him play are symptomatic of the problems with our so-called supporters.

I realise that most of the total negativity on here is by people who do not go to games or go once or twice a season, but do you not think that the manager, players and board want things to be immeasurably better?  Do you not think that they are looking for the answer, as are the managers, players and boards of 75% of the clubs in each division? 

I for one will always support my team - we''re having a bad, bad time, but we will bounce back.  The only thing we can do for the club is to stay as positive as we can and give the players our backing.  Yes, we are fully entitled to moan and criticize, but booing and those type of chants - depends what you want to achieve.

On the ball city.

[/quote]

Congratulations, you are one of the band of supporters who buried their heads in the sand during the Worthy regime which created this mess.

A number of us at the time said it was probably too late to stop the slide after the board let Worthy go on too long.

I think some supporters CAN see the big picture, others cant. (or dont care)

Its not about being positive or negative, its about TAKING ACTION to correct the mistakes.

The supporters did not boo untill the end of the game so how can anyone blame the pathetic performance on the fans negativity.

Machman

As I have posted earlier, yes I am for real, and if you will still be in the Barclay in many years time after many of these players and the manager has gone then you are a true supporter like myself. I have more of a problem with certain types of support during the game rather than venting your feelings at the end, I just felt that Chris Brown was unfortunate to be on the pitch when all chanted "what a load of rubbish ", I am not sure that will help get his career here off to the best possible start. We put many of these players on a pedestal and often forget they are human and subject to the same weaknesses and feelings as the rest of us.

[quote user="Dicky"]

On the ball city.

[/quote]

and supporters like you who are happy to put up with second rate c**p like Chris Brown are symptomatic of where this club is heading and why it is heading there Dicky...

[quote user="USAcanary"]

Congratulations, you are one of the band of supporters who buried their heads in the sand during the Worthy regime which created this mess.

A number of us at the time said it was probably too late to stop the slide after the board let Worthy go on too long.

I think some supporters CAN see the big picture, others cant. (or dont care)

Its not about being positive or negative, its about TAKING ACTION to correct the mistakes.

The supporters did not boo untill the end of the game so how can anyone blame the pathetic performance on the fans negativity.

[/quote]

Some supporters were booing before the end of the game - the chants of what a load of rubbish came at the end - if you are (as usual) going to single out one of my posts, at least get your facts right, eh?

FFS - not this old rubbish again - there is NO definition of a real supporter and anyone trying to gain any high ground here is onto a loser.

Even if you didnt chant what a load a rubbish (and I didnt yesterday (too disenchanted) but have before) surely you can udnerstand the reason why it happen just as spontaneously as any chant of OTBC?

Actually the ground was very quiet yesterday - even when we were playing well;  where were you ''Real'' supporters then? were you heard getting behind the team like I was?

Its just like watching city - another tired and predictable thread.  

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Dicky"]

On the ball city.

[/quote]

and supporters like you who are happy to put up with second rate c**p like Chris Brown are symptomatic of where this club is heading and why it is heading there Dicky...

[/quote]I remember loads of people slating a certain Iwan Roberts when we first signed him. You may well turn out to be right about Brown - I wasn''t especially excited when we signed him to say the least - but dismissing a new signing as ''second-rate c**p'' after 25 minutes in a yellow and green shirt is ridiculous. What were you expecting us to do, sign Ashton back or something?