Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Complete Squad-rebuild needed? The board?

I personally think, from that performance, a squad rebuild is necessary.

Wipe out the midfield, exception to the wingers we have (although croft isnt doing that well). wipe out the goalkeepers, defence (exception to full backs colin nd drury - maybe). I think we should keep our forwards. But so many players cant be BOTHERED to try and play. No-one goes for the ball, no-one try''s anything reasonably dangerous. As much as some want Grant out, it has to come from the players themselves. If it''s not, they have to go. but this then means if they go, we have to get players in.

To get players in, Grant needs the backing of the board financially. So, if he doesnt get the funds, which he probably isnt, he cant get rid of players because of our small squad, which then means they play with no desire - as they get there place - despite anything.

So is it fair to assume, from this, that the blame lays at not the manager, but either the players, or more importantly perhpas, the board?

I for one refused to lay the blame on the board or manager, but now it seems, in some cases, the board could be behind our recent failure.

[quote user="hogesar"]

Wipe out the midfield, exception to the wingers we have (although croft isnt doing that well). wipe out the goalkeepers, defence (exception to full backs colin nd drury - maybe). I think we should keep our forwards. But so many players cant be BOTHERED to try and play. No-one goes for the ball, no-one try''s anything reasonably dangerous. As much as some want Grant out, it has to come from the players themselves. If it''s not, they have to go. but this then means if they go, we have to get players in.

To get players in, Grant needs the backing of the board financially. So, if he doesnt get the funds, which he probably isnt, he cant get rid of players because of our small squad, which then means they play with no desire - as they get there place - despite anything.

So is it fair to assume, from this, that the blame lays at not the manager, but either the players, or more importantly perhpas, the board?

I for one refused to lay the blame on the board or manager, but now it seems, in some cases, the board could be behind our recent failure.

[/quote]

haha the penny is finally starting to drop is it Hogs???  [;)]

Well, something has to come from somewhere. I strongly disagree with sacking Grant, because its not worth the money. They dont want to play - well, that is. They didnt for worthington or Grant so therefore you have to assume the players just cant be bothered. But Grant cant do anything about it without funds, can he?

Prudence has brought us to where we are today....the ambition side of it was presumably some sort of sick joke. Delia, its time for you to go back to your kitchen and stop leeching of Norwich City Footbal Club.

We are a joke club now. lets face it.

on a seperate matter , what great support Plymouth had, i know that won, but fair play its a long way to come and they did get behind their team.

[quote user="seat124"]

Prudence has brought us to where we are today....the ambition side of it was presumably some sort of sick joke. Delia, its time for you to go back to your kitchen and stop leeching of Norwich City Footbal Club.

We are a joke club now. lets face it.

on a seperate matter , what great support Plymouth had, i know that won, but fair play its a long way to come and they did get behind their team.

[/quote]PRUDENCE............. Notice how they never use that word anymore?  Never mind - nice restaurant.

cannot believe we were in the Premiership not long ago, we WON the Championship,  or was it just a strange dream.......

I totally agree with what has been said about a squad rebuild, well if the board want success as much as the fans then maybe they should put their money where their mouths are  

[quote user="hogesar"]

Wipe out the midfield, exception to the wingers we have (although croft isnt doing that well). wipe out the goalkeepers, defence (exception to full backs colin nd drury - maybe). [/quote]

not exactly the full squad is it? be more ruthless!!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]funny isn''t it, I was wondering which of the Worthy/Grant/everyone out crew would first show their true colours. How you can laugh at anything today? It show''s you''re not actually bothered about us losing because you think it proves your point.

I think a lot of the blame has to lie with Worthington for the squad he''s assembled which Grant has now inherited. So many of the players are either not interested or good enough but we do not have nearly enough money to rebuild in the way that is required! Escaping relegation has to be the number 1 priority now - anything more is a bonus!

Alot of the blame can liew with Worthington, but the fact is the board needed to sack him b4, that was their mistake which we accepted. But for them to overcome that - they must give the financial backing Grant needs to rebuild the squad.

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I think a lot of the blame has to lie with Worthington for the squad he''s assembled which Grant has now inherited. So many of the players are either not interested or good enough but we do not have nearly enough money to rebuild in the way that is required! Escaping relegation has to be the number 1 priority now - anything more is a bonus![/quote]

I agree. The squad does need an entire rebuild but it can only be done by degrees. Realistically we arn''t going to be able to sign 11 new players by the 31st and even if we could, the team wouldn''t gel immediately and we''d lose a few games and the confidence would wane again etc etc. A good end to January would be to get in a keeper, a dominant centre-half and a quality midfielder. Then in the summer we can look at getting a left back, another centreback, midfielder and striker, and let the likes of Louis-Jean, Thorne, Fleming, Robinson, Hughes, Gallacher, Ryan Jarvis, Henderson and Doherty go. Some nice lads there who try hard but none are good enough to take us on.

The rest of this season should be focused remaining in the championship. After that, a squad rebuild must take place, personally.

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

funny isn''t it, I was wondering which of the Worthy/Grant/everyone out crew would first show their true colours. How you can laugh at anything today? It show''s you''re not actually bothered about us losing because you think it proves your point.
[/quote]

and in what part of hat am I actually laughing SPat?  Have you never heard the age old term "haha the penny is finally starting to drop" before?  The "haha" in that phrase refers to an element of surprise... you know...  "Suprise, Surprise... the unexpected hits you between the eeeeeye''s!!!"

While I do not find it funny however I also feel that a few more bad results are needed to enable the largely apathetic City fans to place enough pressure on the board for to be able to make wholesale changes and move in the right direction as a club again...

So while it may not go down well with many of you...  YES I pray for a few more embarassing defeats.... hopefully then the fans anguish and frustration will reach boiling point and we can get rid of this inept board of ours...

I know I will be slated for it but A BIT OF SHORT TERM PAIN FOR LONG TERM GAIN IS WHAT IS REQUIRED!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="SPat"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

funny isn''t it, I was wondering which of the Worthy/Grant/everyone out crew would first show their true colours. How you can laugh at anything today? It show''s you''re not actually bothered about us losing because you think it proves your point.
[/quote]

and in what part of hat am I actually laughing SPat?  Have you never heard the age old term "haha the penny is finally starting to drop" before?  The "haha" in that phrase refers to an element of surprise... you know...  "Suprise, Surprise... the unexpected hits you between the eeeeeye''s!!!"

While I do not find it funny however I also feel that a few more bad results are needed to enable the largely apathetic City fans to place enough pressure on the board for to be able to make wholesale changes and move in the right direction as a club again...

So while it may not go down well with many of you...  YES I pray for a few more embarassing defeats.... hopefully then the fans anguish and frustration will reach boiling point and we can get rid of this inept board of ours...

I know I will be slated for it but A BIT OF SHORT TERM PAIN FOR LONG TERM GAIN IS WHAT IS REQUIRED!!!

[/quote]

A few more embarrassing defeats and we''ll get relegated. Plenty of long term pain then....And who''s queueing up then to rescue a league 1 club £20m in debt? I find your views incredible...

It all depends upon the context in which the situation is put in. We are, i think, a club that investors should be paying attention to. Potential is there - big fan base, well known etc, not AWFUL debt issues...

But, league 1 on the other hand:

More in debt, loose the fan base, become less and less popular...

hmm

The message that came clearest from yesterdays game was the lack of confidence.  Our first choice team is capable of pushing for promotion when playing well but they seem to have forgotten that they can do it and just how they should go about it.  

For that reason alone the squad needs reshaping - merely to boost confidence and more importantly provide both competition for places and some real leadership - even Dion failed to show that in the last 20 mins.

But even yesterdays starting 11 is very close to being competitive..  A new keeper and a second central midfielder who can be bothered for more than 11% of a game is what we need more than anything.

Well the bloke behind me in the Barclay said the board didn''t give away the free kicks and thought the board have invested enough in the club and told me to shut up when i had a moan!

Can''t we put all the nutters in the river end!!!!

How can anyone back the board!!!

How can anyone be happy with the team!!!

And why didn''t Grant bring Chris Martin on for the last 10 minutes????

Rant Over!!!!