Sign in to follow this  
Roger Field

Facts are Facts

1. We are relying on a 37 year old  to be our most influential player. Credit to him! but what about the rest?

2. We have centre halfs who cannot distribute the ball. This is clear from set peices where we never get a free header on target(wasn''t Doherty brought in has a striker?)Yestaday in a free back post position slightly stretching, not able to get any power from his header the ball was cushion staight into the keepers hands.(basics head it down in into the danger area!) The two free kicks given away were atrocious.

3.We can not hold the ball or keep possession for more than 2 or three passes!

4. This week the Grant has brought in a player who Grant admits is rough aroung the edges. We don''t need wages and money spent on players who are rough around the edges, we have enough already! sort them out or ship them out!. Lets hope i''m wrong but there was nothing to impress yestaday. We need players who can do a job now!

5. 3-1 down Robinson is brought on what about martin he would have run his socks of for ten minutes. ( he certainly would not have lost the game for us) For me an ideal time to give the lad  a run out.

6. It is obvious that Grant has been given no real power in thye transfer window. I feel we will continue to miss out, he has been put in a very akward sittuation at a major make or break time in the clubs history.

6. Neil Adams insist we will not go down but all the clubs arround us will be saying the same thing, three of them will!

This is! make a make or break time for the club, facts are facts and they must be faced up to! excuses are no good now and the whole club pust pull together big time we have the fans but are in danger of losing them if things continue! There are good points but the negatives are what need to be sorted and sharp!

It may not sound it but I am a very committed fan and it is easy to criticise but as I said it is a very frustrating  time and must be sorted. Grant has avery hard job not everything will go right but lets hope the essentials will!

all excellent points.  What was the point of bringing Robinson on??  So Doherty could go up front???  If his 2 headers from our corners (one direct to the keeper the other a free header high over the bar) were anything to go by he should be kept as fair away from the opposition goal as possible...

A good post on the official site RE grant

[quote]In the twelve games leading up to Worthys sacking we ...

Lost - 5
Won - 5 (2 of which were cup games)
Drawn - 2 = 14/30 points.

Our last twelve matches (including today) we have...
Lost - 6
Won - 3 (1 cup game)
Drawn - 3 = 9/33 points.

As Jarabe said some people will say that it''s Worthys fault that we have the team we do, but they fact is they were perfoming better under him than Grant. Grant does have other options and could give the youth a chance as he promised, but hasn''t.

I think 12 games is a fair representation of a managers ability and whilst both are crap, under Worthy we managed nearly 1/2 of the points available. Under Grant it is less than a 1/3. I think players lost respect for Worthy and it was right to let him go, however I''m not sure they have ever had any respect for Grant and in order for them to start perfoming for him he needs to gain some pretty quick. I don''t think a public boll*cking at the end of every match is the way to do this either, that is only going to make them resent him and I think this has already happened, certainly with Safri and Huckerby.
[/quote]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Lost - 5
Drawn - 2 = 14/30 points.

Lost - 6
Won - 3 (1 cup game)
Drawn - 3 = 9/33 points.

As Jarabe said some people will say that it''s Worthys fault that we have the team we do, but they fact is they were perfoming better under him than Grant. Grant does have other options and could give the youth a chance as he promised, but hasn''t.

I think 12 games is a fair representation of a managers ability and whilst both are crap, under Worthy we managed nearly 1/2 of the points available. Under Grant it is less than a 1/3. I think players lost respect for Worthy and it was right to let him go, however I''m not sure they have ever had any respect for Grant and in order for them to start perfoming for him he needs to gain some pretty quick. I don''t think a public boll*cking at the end of every match is the way to do this either, that is only going to make them resent him and I think this has already happened, certainly with Safri and Huckerby.
[/quote]

[/quote]

This deserves more reads........Worrying eh?...........

Lost - 5
Drawn - 2 = 11/30 points.

Lost - 6
Won - 3 (1 cup game)
Drawn - 3 = 9/33 points.

[/quote]

actually the guy got his numbers wrong - it doesnt bode well however.  Considering his critisisms I would have thought Grant has few friends in the dressing room at the moment.

He really has to sort something out quickly.

Sorry to point out the obvious but worthy did not pay just for our poor run this season.  IMO as PG is having to use the players he inherited, this is quite a large factor in giving him a certain amount of slack.  That said he really does need to get some heart/spine into this side and quickly. 

Re: the criticisms, I''m not sure I agree.  It seems to be ok for fans to boo players, chant ''what a load of rubbish'' and criticise all and sundry on phone-ins/message boards, but the manager is meant to stick up for them even when they are not doing what he has told them to do?!?  No, for me none of the players should be immune from criticism (nor indeed should be manager) if it is valid, and PG''s comments have generally been pretty fair, it is the way he goes about it that is the key, I suppose.  Just one other thing, if Hucks does indeed ''resent'' PG as suggested, why is it that he signed a new contract when other sides wanted him??