Sign in to follow this  
Disco Dales Tash

Grant OUT!!!

So if we sack him now and get an experienced manager in, does that experience mean we will expect results more quickly? Will we be calling for his head after six games if we lose four or five of them? Please, give the guy a chance. Let''s at least see if there''s an improvement in February after we''ve brought a couple more new faces in.Okay, so you say ''it might be too late by then, we''re going down''... so if we sack him now and pay him three years'' wages, and the new experienced manager takes us down, we''re looking at total financial ruin.

So he''s signed just two players and had 17 league games and you want him out already ????

I personally feel sorry for the bloke. Its the board who brought him in to this situation with no experience. His hands are completely tied and the players know that and continue to take the p***. Another change of manager is not going to do us any good, its the board that are the problem and until something happens at that level of the football club we are not going to be making any meaningful moves upwards.

I totally agree. He was a terrible player for the club always mouting off but having no end product to back it up, and he has shown that he has the same characteristics as a manager. It was a pathetic appoiontment and when he moaned about and critisized the fans that was very hard to take. We as fans of NCFC have had to endure rubbish football at Carrow road for many years but we stay loyal and turn up week in and week out to support our team. So when a new manager who has no experience and has been at the club for 6 weeks comes in an blames the fans for a pathetic team performance against Hull it beggars belief!

Youssef Safri being left on the beanch is ridiculous, he gets a start at last in the past 2 weeks and playes well for someone who has been wrongly ignored for so long. I think he persists with Rubbish Robinson because he was the same type of player as Grant, always taking the easy option and playing the simple square or backward of square ball. No creativity and no bottle, I have seen Crabs that are more forward thinking than these two put together.

The crowd was the lowest of the season yesterday and it is only going to get worse. I know many fans who have simply had enough of this rubbish and have decided to spend their hard earned money on other pastimes, and who can blame them. Another worrying trend is that Carrow road does not seem to be an attractive move for many players, they all seem to be opting to join other Championship clubs especially Derby!!

The team has no tough players they are far too soft apart from Dublin and Safri. The defending is a joke and the sooner that the captainsy is stripped from Dreary (Drury) the better. We need some steel in the team and for gods sake give the youngsters a chance and at least then we are building for the future. They can  not do any worse than the 1st team and will probably set them a good example about passion and commitement. Even though they are bottom of the league the Southend players have shown so much pride and passion since their visit to Carrow Rd and are starting to get out of trouble, I wish i could say the same about all the players of NCFC! Safri, Dublin and Earnshaw are the only 3 that deserve to wear the City shirt!

The FA cup and local derby are the only things left this season, its very sad and the fans of Norwich City Football Club deserve so much more.

SORT IT OUT!!

S

Thats exactly the reason why.  This is a results driven business, if we don''t get results, it shows he is only capable of bog standard FLC football at best, not promotion.

He''s had plenty of chances to improve things, his two signings aren''t exactly sensations within the industry, but I will wait and see.

He''s offended the fans, and doesn''t seem to get the players working.

17 games is more than enough to prove yourself, lets face it, we should have beaten at least 4 teams since is arrival, instead we have crashed to abissmal defeats.

I hope things turn around starting with the next game, but how much more of this rubbish can we take?   

l know Grant has only what he was left with regarding players, but the one thing he should have done is getting them to play as if they wanted to win. lnstall a bit of fight into there play. We are back to square one. The fault lay back in the Premiership days, when we were looking like a relegation team, at that time a new manager should have been bought in, the Board do not have the know how about football managerment and may be pleased with things as they are. When Mr Chase left we were said to be £6 -9 million in debt, we have sold players and LAND and are £19 million in the red......Bring back Robert Chase!

Grant strikes me as being a puppet for Delia Smith’s regime in the same way that Gary Megson was a mouthpiece for Robert Chase’s. Grant’s managed to take Norwich to their lowest league position in 40 years, & supporters excusing him by laying the blame at Worthington’s door & saying they’re his signings doesn’t hold – Grant’s had these players for 3 months & there’s no improvement at all. Going down, going down, going down…

I totally disagree, we have a poor/thin squad. The board needs to back their chosen manager with hard cash and the players need to have a good long hard look at themselves. I have no doubt if we had a bigger squad PG would have shown the door to one or two "underachievers" by now, but we haven`t so he has to go about his rebuilding in a more restrained manner.

[quote user="sunset"]

I totally agree. He was a terrible player for the club always mouting off but having no end product to back it up, and he has shown that he has the same characteristics as a manager. It was a pathetic appoiontment and when he moaned about and critisized the fans that was very hard to take. We as fans of NCFC have had to endure rubbish football at Carrow road for many years but we stay loyal and turn up week in and week out to support our team. So when a new manager who has no experience and has been at the club for 6 weeks comes in an blames the fans for a pathetic team performance against Hull it beggars belief!

Youssef Safri being left on the beanch is ridiculous, he gets a start at last in the past 2 weeks and playes well for someone who has been wrongly ignored for so long. I think he persists with Rubbish Robinson because he was the same type of player as Grant, always taking the easy option and playing the simple square or backward of square ball. No creativity and no bottle, I have seen Crabs that are more forward thinking than these two put together.

The crowd was the lowest of the season yesterday and it is only going to get worse. I know many fans who have simply had enough of this rubbish and have decided to spend their hard earned money on other pastimes, and who can blame them. Another worrying trend is that Carrow road does not seem to be an attractive move for many players, they all seem to be opting to join other Championship clubs especially Derby!!

The team has no tough players they are far too soft apart from Dublin and Safri. The defending is a joke and the sooner that the captainsy is stripped from Dreary (Drury) the better. We need some steel in the team and for gods sake give the youngsters a chance and at least then we are building for the future. They can  not do any worse than the 1st team and will probably set them a good example about passion and commitement. Even though they are bottom of the league the Southend players have shown so much pride and passion since their visit to Carrow Rd and are starting to get out of trouble, I wish i could say the same about all the players of NCFC! Safri, Dublin and Earnshaw are the only 3 that deserve to wear the City shirt!

The FA cup and local derby are the only things left this season, its very sad and the fans of Norwich City Football Club deserve so much more.

SORT IT OUT!!

S

[/quote]

Suck back sunset......that''s a cracking first post!........10/10  [*]

Disco Dale

...and there was me thinking we''d have to pay up Grant''s 3 and a half year contract if we sacked him! Oh hang on a minute.... We would have to. Do you have the (I''d guess) £1.5 - £2 Million pound to do that with.

Blunge the club ever further into debt, why don''t you?

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]

So he''s signed just two players and had 17 league games and you want him out already ????

[/quote]The first player was lined up by Worthy, the second sounds very dodgy and the 17 games have all been abysmal, yes I want him out already, in fact, tomorrow wouldn''t be soon enough!

They may be worthys players but what we could expect to see after 17 games is some clear game plan,  some grand idea, some colney training coming to bear on match days,  sadly we are not seeing that nor committment/passion being drilled/fired into them by the coaching staff. 

agreed. enough is enough. the same sub standard football week in week out. He has no fresh ideas and listening to his post press conference sounded totally out of ideas except that he''ll shake things up a bit!get real grant you could''nt shake up a milk shake!GRANT OUT

Spot on, couldn''t agree more....

What happened to our club...... we had some promising youngsters over the past few years whose belief, commitment and confidence have been destroyed by poor management and lack of opportunity.   Its a confidence game for christ sake and the past two managers have not had the bottle to put them in favouring their diabolical and inadequate signings.  

As this policy is clearly not working, don''t loan out Jarvis, Jarvis and the others, put them in the team, get the rabble out, get some new defenders to help out and lets build for a positive future.   If they continue with Hughes, Doherty, Drury, Robinson, Colin, Etuhu and Thorne relegation''s a probability, not only because there not trying, but because they are simply not good enough.  Mr Grant, what do you have to lose? 

On the point of player development, Norwich used to produce quality players and football, they don''t anymore and certainly don''t deserve the support they get.   Remember Cureton, have we ever had a better second striker if you compare his career since leaving - what a waste!

Ged

Its not the manager its the players , take out Earnie and an ageing Huckerby and they are all very very poor , we are a crap team people time to realise that is the truth . We need investment and a whole new squad and its not going to happen is it , we probably cannot even offload the wasters we have on long contracts , most of them should be playing in league 2 .

While I think he needs a bit more time.Perhaps someone can tell me which of the promises he made when he came to the club he has actually met, e.g., playing youth, not keeping players in the team who repeatedly under-perform, etc, etc.From my view point this guy, so far, has a worse record than Blair at keeping to his word and that is really saying something!!

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Disco Dale

...and there was me thinking we''d have to pay up Grant''s 3 and a half year contract if we sacked him! Oh hang on a minute.... We would have to. Do you have the (I''d guess) £1.5 - £2 Million pound to do that with.

Blunge the club ever further into debt, why don''t you?

[/quote]...and there was me thinking acheiving promotion through good management and player acquisition was worth £20m plus a year?Relagation, or a new manager?

[quote user="sparkie"]l know Grant has only what he was left with regarding players, but the one thing he should have done is getting them to play as if they wanted to win. lnstall a bit of fight into there play. We are back to square one. The fault lay back in the Premiership days, when we were looking like a relegation team, at that time a new manager should have been bought in, the Board do not have the know how about football managerment and may be pleased with things as they are. When Mr Chase left we were said to be £6 -9 million in debt, we have sold players and LAND and are £19 million in the red......Bring back Robert Chase![/quote]

You are either joking or a fool when you say bring back Robert Chase.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

[quote user="sparkie"]l know Grant has only what he was left with regarding players, but the one thing he should have done is getting them to play as if they wanted to win. lnstall a bit of fight into there play. We are back to square one. The fault lay back in the Premiership days, when we were looking like a relegation team, at that time a new manager should have been bought in, the Board do not have the know how about football managerment and may be pleased with things as they are. When Mr Chase left we were said to be £6 -9 million in debt, we have sold players and LAND and are £19 million in the red......Bring back Robert Chase![/quote]

[/quote] Who needs Chase - this lot are a good imitation. They are out-Chasing Chase.

[quote user="charlies dad"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

[/quote] Who needs Chase - this lot are a good imitation. They are out-Chasing Chase.[/quote]

At least we know where we ''fell'' with Robber Chase...........I haven''t a clue which direction this club is heading.......All the false promises after we were relegated - and those alligator tears shed from our ''prudence with ambition'' and ''onwards and upwards'' all heralded and spouted from the hierarchy. What positives have been spoken by the Chief Exec since relegation, eh? Just the usual "We''re skint, Nigel is still the man to take us forwards, that player wasn''t interested in coming here, the board are working their socks off, I''ve travelled the length and breadth of my office to bring new blood to the team, an eleventh hour bid for player x,y & z came in and gazumped us etc, etc, etc.

Sounds like political ''hot air'' to me......When are we actually going to reap the rewards of the construction and corporate kerfuffle - that''s been built by ''a la Carters'' over the years?

''And they wonder why the crowd are disaffected, disillusioned, quiet and negative?''

Yet we still turn up ''hopeful'' - but for how much longer? 

why is he joking or a fool if he wants chase back?

How are the current Regime any better than Fat bob?

I wouldnt want chase back but under him the clubs debt was just 6 million pounds and manageable, we finished 5th, 4th and 3rd in the top flight, played in Europe and got to 2 semi finals.

what have the current Regime done?

told us we are "the best fans in the world" and built a hotel...

wow.

17th place and Dropping.. at no point under the chase Regime where we ever this low in the division.

~Smith out!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I wouldnt want chase back but under him the clubs debt was just 6 million pounds and manageable, we finished 5th, 4th and 3rd in the top flight, played in Europe and got to 2 semi finals.

wow.

17th place and Dropping.. at no point under the chase Regime where we ever this low in the division.

~Smith out!

[/quote]The debt was not managable we could have gone under at any time whilst it was much less it was all owed to the bank and they could call it back whenever they wanted, yes we are now 20 million in debt but if you look carefully next time your at carrow road you may spot a shiny new stand that cost a few quid the money to finance this which makes up a large chunk of our debt is split over a long period, kinda like a mortgage. How is the hotel a bad thing? it cost us £0 to build and we get 30% of profits, sounds pretty good to me. Yes our board have not invested enough money in the team but they did sign huckerby when we won the league ashton whilst in the premiership and earnshaw last year. Robert Chase never allowed us to sign big players he just sold them i.e sutton & fox. Do you forget why Martin o''Neil  left chase wouldn''t let him have £750,000 for Dean Windass. Success was acheived in spite of robert chase not because of him if he''d given walker some funds to bolster our squad we could have won the first ever premiership title.

right ive only read the first post in this thread and really cant be bothered to read the rest.  GRANT IN i firmly believe that when he has things playing his way we will be on fire, but hes having to deal with someone elses team and two signing dont make this team his, why dont people wait until we are relegated before they start the grant out crap. it took ferguson two years to acheive anything at old trafford and he was an manager with some experience and had a good team. grants had little experience and a dire team. give him a chance. the time hes had right now hasnt qualified as a chance.

GRANT IN!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

wow.

~Smith out!

[/quote]

The debt was not managable we could have gone under at any time whilst it was much less it was all owed to the bank and they could call it back whenever they wanted, yes we are now 20 million in debt but if you look carefully next time your at carrow road you may spot a shiny new stand that cost a few quid the money to finance this which makes up a large chunk of our debt is split over a long period, kinda like a mortgage.

How is the hotel a bad thing? it cost us £0 to build and we get 30% of profits, sounds pretty good to me.

Yes our board have not invested enough money in the team but they did sign huckerby when we won the league ashton whilst in the premiership and earnshaw last year. Robert Chase never allowed us to sign big players he just sold them i.e sutton & fox. Do you forget why Martin o''Neil  left chase wouldn''t let him have £750,000 for Dean Windass.

Success was acheived in spite of robert chase not because of him if he''d given walker some funds to bolster our squad we could have won the first ever premiership title.
[/quote]

So we''re aguing how thew wicked Robert Chase denied us the Premiership title....yet we''re backing Delia and her Disciples for guiding us to 17th in the 2nd Division and sliding........Good logic...............

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

wow.

~Smith out!

[/quote]The debt was not managable we could have gone under at any time whilst it was much less it was all owed to the bank and they could call it back whenever they wanted, yes we are now 20 million in debt but if you look carefully next time your at carrow road you may spot a shiny new stand that cost a few quid the money to finance this which makes up a large chunk of our debt is split over a long period, kinda like a mortgage. How is the hotel a bad thing? it cost us £0 to build and we get 30% of profits, sounds pretty good to me. Yes our board have not invested enough money in the team but they did sign huckerby when we won the league ashton whilst in the premiership and earnshaw last year. Robert Chase never allowed us to sign big players he just sold them i.e sutton & fox. Do you forget why Martin o''Neil  left chase wouldn''t let him have £750,000 for Dean Windass. Success was acheived in spite of robert chase not because of him if he''d given walker some funds to bolster our squad we could have won the first ever premiership title. [/quote]

So we''re aguing how thew wicked Robert Chase denied us the Premiership title....yet we''re backing Delia and her Disciples for guiding us to 17th in the 2nd Division and sliding........Good logic...............

[/quote]No i don''t back Delia and the board, i think they''ve made some big mistakes but that doesn''t mean i think they are worse than chase because they quite clearly aren''t. There is a middle ground it''s not as simple as you either worship delia or hate her.

He obviously has not had enough time to turn things around, build his own team etc.......BUT,

We are going in the wrong direction and things are getting worse! Despite what he says he wants the team are playing with fear, show no passion or commitment and totally lack confidence. These things are down to the manager, thats what managing people is all about, and he can''t do it.

His constant carping at players like Huckerby and Croft is undermining their confidence whilst at other times he states that Robinson and Hughes are his unsung heros. He says that he wants commitment and is fed up with players hiding and yet he keeps playing Etuhu. His tactics at some of the games (Stoke away being the worse example) have directly cost us the points and some of the substitutions smack of desperation.

He is inexperienced and may well learn quickly but we are taking a risk (as surely we all knew when a totally untried manager was appointed) while we wait to see if that happens. Make no mistake things are getting worse - how long is it since we had a good result - we only got 4 points from our last 4 home games against the mighty Sheff Wed, Southend, QPR and Plymouth. That is relegation form.

If we are down in the mix towards the end of the season the team that survives will be the one that scraps their way out. Can you see this lot being able to do it or Grant being able to motivate them? Me neither.

This appears to be the same posters who were saying "Anything" is better than Worthy. A case of the other mans grass.

Although I''m sure this will be deflected to the board.- Apparently Worthy''s ready for a return to Football !!!!!!!!