Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk  Dan

Playing the Kids...

I need someone to give me valid reasons for not playing the kids? I hear in the stand around me,

"It''s not right to blood the kids in this atmosphere"

"We need experience on the pitch"

"The kids are not ready to step up to this level"

I can''t buy this at all, so I want to hear from posters who can make this argument stick. I would love to see 3 or 4 players from our youth set-up in the 1st 11. I would not care if we lost cause I would be able to see progression of player. Walking away from a game thinking, wow give him another 10 games and we could really have a rough diamond here! We are currently attempting to polish turds and we all know that''s not possible.

If it''s not the right time to blood these kids and you feel you can explain why, then great, please convince me. Can you please add to your post when the right time is and in addition I would like you to tell me over the last 5 years of NCFC history when was the right time to blood the kids and did we do it?

Play the kids and I will renew my season ticket: Keep attempting to polish a turd, I will find a new team to watch on a Saturday. Where do Norwich United play?

The problem is the "kids" are not good enough.

The previous Worthy regime has left us with a poor/average crop of younger players.

Players such as Henderson and Jarvis may not be good enough for this league

I agree with you Norfolk Dan, but the problem lies with the manager and coaching staff, who quite frankly are not prepared to give the youngsters a chance.  Yesterday was a classic example when we had a promising striker on the bench in young Martin, we were 3-1 down, and they brought on Robinson.  The bottom line is, we haven''t had a manager at this club for years who has the balls to give the youngsters a chance when the so called experienced professionals are under performing.

There should be many reasons why we should not play the kids: they are not strongly enough to play in the Championship, they are crap or, I don''t know. Give me the reasons.

But just look around at some other clubs, they just play the kids who may not strongly enough, also some of them were crap, but some of them were absolutely brilliant! You cannot rely on them to bring you out of trouble, but just look at our midfield, we just need some kids to enter some energy in, Spillane and Rossi Jarvis are the players.

So 200+ reads of this post and no-one so far can answer the question. When should we blood the kids? When in the last 5 years should we have blodded them?

If the fact is they are not good enough. Then can you help explain the following? Why are the employeed by the football club? Why do we employ the staff who train these kids? Sack the lot and start a fresh or off shore it to India!

4 coaches and 2 managers havent been prepared to play them despite appalling first team performances - of the few we have seen (henderson, jarvis, eagle etc) none of them have looked good enough.  

Perhaps its time to realise they simply wont cut the mustard. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

4 coaches and 2 managers havent been prepared to play them despite appalling first team performances - of the few we have seen (henderson, jarvis, eagle etc) none of them have looked good enough.  

Perhaps its time to realise they simply wont cut the mustard. 

[/quote]

Spillane did alrite in his few appearances, but you are probably right.  Then again most of Jarvis''s games have been 3 minute cameo''s at the end of games and Hendo has barely been seen up front.

[quote user="Norfolk Dan"]

I need someone to give me valid reasons for not playing the kids? I hear in the stand around me,

"It''s not right to blood the kids in this atmosphere"

"We need experience on the pitch"

"The kids are not ready to step up to this level"

I can''t buy this at all, so I want to hear from posters who can make this argument stick. I would love to see 3 or 4 players from our youth set-up in the 1st 11. I would not care if we lost cause I would be able to see progression of player. Walking away from a game thinking, wow give him another 10 games and we could really have a rough diamond here! We are currently attempting to polish turds and we all know that''s not possible.

If it''s not the right time to blood these kids and you feel you can explain why, then great, please convince me. Can you please add to your post when the right time is and in addition I would like you to tell me over the last 5 years of NCFC history when was the right time to blood the kids and did we do it?

Play the kids and I will renew my season ticket: Keep attempting to polish a turd, I will find a new team to watch on a Saturday. Where do Norwich United play?

[/quote]

I don''t think there is a legitimate answer...other than the usual Carrow Road fear factor. We seem scared of making any tough decisions as a club these days.....and have no confidence or will to risk blooding the kids like so many other sides seem to do.....including Ip***t.

I understand all of the arguments about timing and what have you....but if they''ve got it they will shine...if not they will show they aren''t worth persevering with. Not just for the last few minutes either....nor for one game....because if Brown apparently "needs time" to settle in....so will our kids.

I can''t honestly see why one or two at a time is such a problem....Nothing ventured...nothing gained........

I agree CJF but behind the scenes they simply cant be impressing or they would get a chance - wouldnt they?

However this does seem to me to be another example of who isnt in the team must be played becuase they must be better than the 11 on the pitch forgetting that there is nothing to suggest they will be better.

Until we have a clear tactical plan understood by the players whoall know what their role is we could play a different 11 each week and still be poor;  we are disjointed and poor on the pitch and that lack of understanding is draining confidence.  Whats thepoint of signing evena  ronaldinho if we dot play as a cohesive unit?

The focus should be on the manager to sort these things out - as he is the one who has the influence to change things; no one else.  

I recently posted that we should build a team around a spine of kids over the next two seasons and the idea was ridiculed.

After watching that disinterested shower on Saturday and them see some of them posing up and down Prince of Wales Road at 7.00 in their private plated chariots after turning in that show, I do not see what the negative side of blooding some of the kids is.

This lot of big time charlies need a shake up. There are too many who are comfy in their positions.

Exactly how much worse could it be? Obviously Grant cannot motivate thos lot, why not give it a try with the raw tallent of the kids.

Or if he isn''t going to play them close the acadamy and chanel the cash into the first team.

I have a feeling that we may play the kids more in feburary/march. This is for three reasons

1) psychological effects on players we are trying to sign, they feel

the chance of playing is higher if we have a smaller looking squad.

2) shake the first choice players out of complaicency.

3) make up for anywhere Grant should fail to get the players he wants.

Certainly the kids should be played, at least some and atleast occaisionally.

Following the Doc''s comments today, does anyone care to add any further comments to this post from the weekend. I really do want an answer to my questions.

its a closed shop for the overpaid pros to keep their jobs-I feel that even if a young lad  did play there would be no support from the senior players and they would let him sink- Sad but True 

This

above comment is probably the best bit of common sense to be posted on here for

ages; this is true in any working environment you are involved with, people

protect their jobs / position at any cost.

The

reason for kids not to be getting in the team are multifaceted but things are

rapidly changing in the academy set up in the aim to produce some quality which

has been missing for some time

I

have a feeling that after this weeks rallying cry’s for academy scholars to

participate we will see some inclusion in the next 3 games of some young blood