Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Polite Petition for Peter Thorne to Leave in January

If you would like Peter Thorne to leave our club this January sign up here.

Initially I thought he was a good signing, he always scored goals at this level.  But his list of injuries gets longer week in week out.  There comes a time when a player patently does not want to be at the club or even is just plain not good enough.

I am sure he used to be a decent proffesional before taking his holiday in the ''Costa del Norwich''.  But its an easy life in Norfolk and when your getting paid for your holiday.  Maybe he is now bored of his holiday and actually wants to move somewhere he can get back to his job of playing football.

I have been as polite as I can be here so ill stop now before ruining it!!

I think it''s a real shame that we have never seen him fit and with a bit of match practice. He was clearly well thought of at Stoke, judging by the crowds reaction when he came on recently, si I think he should still be given a chance, He has, afterall, only been injured whilst training to do his job!

what a pathetic post. serves no purpose whatsoever.

i mean come on, a petition against one of your club''s injury-prone players?

sometimes i start to think that with the fans we have at this club, we don''t deserve to ever be in the premiership.

it barely deserves reply.

I can''t believe Thorne missed the reserve game last night because of a mouth abcess? Pussy. Get him out!

Oh, and, of course, MLJ also missed it because of a thigh strain or something like that.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]How many times can we sign?
[/quote]

Sod it! you pinched my line Snakepit, I''ll sign this hundreds of times if I can, I see he was off sick again last night too!.

I love it."Hello Mr Doncaster.""Oh, hello again Paul.  Back again?""Yes, I have a petition for you and I''d like you to consider it, as this reflects the fans'' thoughts."(Doncaster sighs). "Okay Paul, what is it this time? Grant Out? Delia Out? Or would you just like to see Doris the Tea Lady removed from her post?""No, this one''s about Peter Thorne.""Who?""The fella Nigel bought from Cardiff.""Oh yes. Him.  You want him sold in January.""That''s right.  We all do.  I and all the rest of the fans.""Well now, Paul, you do realise that the poor chap has been injured most of the time here.  I''m not defending him, I''m just pointing it out.""Yeah I know.""And you do realise that our squad is paper-thin, and we already look set to lose one valuable defender.""Yeah I know, more reason to sell him.""Well, I don''t think we''re really in a position to sell anyone, but let''s have a look at this petition, then. (Paul passes petition to Neil, who reads over it).  Hmmm.  How did you come by this one, same as the others?""Yep.""No standing outside Carrow Road on match-days canvassing opinion of the average fan? No detailed explanation of your opinions, or any well-thought out debate? No rallies or protests?""That stuff takes time.  I just put a post on the Pinkun.""So I see.  You seem to have over 100 signatures.""That''s right, we all want him out.""Yes, well, 100 signatures out of 25000 fans is indeed a majority normally, but if we peruse this list of names, it seems that some people have signed it numerous times.""That''s right.  They REALLY want him out.""Indeed.  And one of them has mis-spelled ''Peter''.""We have a lot of kids on this board, but the petition is mostly signed by grumpy old men who remember the good old days of the 30s.""Yes, well don''t we all long for those halcyon years... Of course, Paul, I''ll give this some thought but I must say I can''t see Delia agreeing to sell a player based on the signatures of 100 people on an internet chat room - It''s ludicrous, I know, the woman should move with the times, but such is the nature of the beast.  Thank you, Paul, I expect I''ll be seeing you again soon? Same time next week?""The usual.""Any ideas what this one''s going to be about?""Not sure, think I''ll just see what p*sses me off over the next few days and take it from there.  Best not to put too much thought into these things, I find.""Yes, well why change the habit of a lifetime.  Good day, Paul."

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I love it."Hello Mr Doncaster.""Oh, hello again Paul.  Back again?""Yes, I have a petition for you and I''d like you to consider it, as this reflects the fans'' thoughts."(Doncaster sighs). "Okay Paul, what is it this time? Grant Out? Delia Out? Or would you just like to see Doris the Tea Lady removed from her post?""No, this one''s about Peter Thorne.""Who?""The fella Nigel bought from Cardiff.""Oh yes. Him.  You want him sold in January.""That''s right.  We all do.  I and all the rest of the fans.""Well now, Paul, you do realise that the poor chap has been injured most of the time here.  I''m not defending him, I''m just pointing it out.""Yeah I know.""And you do realise that our squad is paper-thin, and we already look set to lose one valuable defender.""Yeah I know, more reason to sell him.""Well, I don''t think we''re really in a position to sell anyone, but let''s have a look at this petition, then. (Paul passes petition to Neil, who reads over it).  Hmmm.  How did you come by this one, same as the others?""Yep.""No standing outside Carrow Road on match-days canvassing opinion of the average fan? No detailed explanation of your opinions, or any well-thought out debate? No rallies or protests?""That stuff takes time.  I just put a post on the Pinkun.""So I see.  You seem to have over 100 signatures.""That''s right, we all want him out.""Yes, well, 100 signatures out of 25000 fans is indeed a majority normally, but if we peruse this list of names, it seems that some people have signed it numerous times.""That''s right.  They REALLY want him out.""Indeed.  And one of them has mis-spelled ''Peter''.""We have a lot of kids on this board, but the petition is mostly signed by grumpy old men who remember the good old days of the 30s.""Yes, well don''t we all long for those halcyon years... Of course, Paul, I''ll give this some thought but I must say I can''t see Delia agreeing to sell a player based on the signatures of 100 people on an internet chat room - It''s ludicrous, I know, the woman should move with the times, but such is the nature of the beast.  Thank you, Paul, I expect I''ll be seeing you again soon? Same time next week?""The usual.""Any ideas what this one''s going to be about?""Not sure, think I''ll just see what p*sses me off over the next few days and take it from there.  Best not to put too much thought into these things, I find.""Yes, well why change the habit of a lifetime.  Good day, Paul."

[/quote]Absolute quality

Thats damn funny stuff Monkey, sums up my thoughts on these "Petition Posts" perfectly. Now I agree Peter Thorne is not a great player but do you really think this is going to get him sold and even if it did  do you think it wise we reduce the size of our squad even more.

shame it hasnt worked out for thorne. A good player for Cardiff and Stoke, perhaps more suited to their "Bruiser" approach than to the way we play football... if he is sold then good luck to him.. but we could do with keeping him until we get 1 or 2 more bodies in

jas :)

I hate to put any of our players down, but having seen him at the Southampton game, the guy couldn''t score in a brothel !

I accept he''s had injuries, but it''s just not happening for him.  His situation reminds me of ... damn, I''ve forgotten the chap''s name (that''s how much he played for us !), but we bought him from Wolves, made him captain, kept getting injuries and then we finally released him to Walsall a couple of years later having played only a handfull of games ...

[quote user="Dicky"]Nice one evil monkey.  Sums it up very well.[/quote]

Out comes the chap who thought Worthington was doing a good job.

Fact is Peter Thornes injuries remind me of the sort of illnesses people have at work when they just don''t wantto be there but do like picking up their wages.  How many of Thornes injuries occured during football and how many during his windsurfing??

[quote user="Mark Barham Appreciation Society"]

I hate to put any of our players down, but having seen him at the Southampton game, the guy couldn''t score in a brothel !

I accept he''s had injuries, but it''s just not happening for him.  His situation reminds me of ... damn, I''ve forgotten the chap''s name (that''s how much he played for us !), but we bought him from Wolves, made him captain, kept getting injuries and then we finally released him to Walsall a couple of years later having played only a handfull of games ...

[/quote]Neil Emblen, and you''re right that his situation is similar, along with MLJ.  In fact, how many of our players in recent years have been hampered by major injuries? Thorne, MLJ, Emblen, Notman, to name but a few from recent years.  Some teams get all the luck... most of ours is bad.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I love it.

"Hello Mr Doomcaster."

"Oh, hello again Paul.  Back again?"

"Yes, I have a petition for you and I''d like you to consider it, as this reflects the fans'' thoughts."

(Doomcaster sighs). "Okay Paul, what is it this time? Have they sussed out what the Board is really up to?

"No, this one''s about Peter Thorne."

"Who?"

"The fella Delia agreed to buy on the cheap from Cardiff along with the rest of the donkeys"

"Oh yes. Him.....the windsurfer chappie.  You want him sold for dog meat?"

"That''s right.  We all do.  I and all the rest of the fans."

"Well now, Paul, you do realise that he''s a valuable member of the squad and we''re expecting lots of clubs to be beating the door down for him during the transfer window.

"Yeah I know."

"And you do realise that we aren''t going to make any new signings because Delia needs new curtains in the restaurant."

"Yeah I know, we loyal fans are happily aware of the club''s priorities."

"Well, I don''t think we''re really in a position to listen to anyone, but let''s have a look at this petition, then. (Paul passes petition to Neil, who reads over it).  Hmmm.  How did you come by this one, same as the others?"

"Yep."

"No standing outside Carrow Road on match-days canvassing the opinion of the closet Man Utd supporting family groups? No manipulation of their opinions, or any one sided debate? No ice creams or pantyhose?"

"That stuff takes money.  I just put a post on the Pinkun."

"So I see.  You seem to have over 25000 signatures."

"That''s right, we all want him out."

"Yes, well, 25000 signatures out of 24000 fans is indeed a majority normally, but if we peruse this list of names, it seems that the whole squad have signed it and they want to leave as well."

"That''s right.  They REALLY want to leave?"

"Indeed.  And one of them has mis-spelled ''Doomcaster'' and called me Richard Head"

"We have a lot of realists on this board who have signed up.... but the petition was mostly ignored by the people who live their life with their head stuck up their bottoms.....you know....the Our Saviour Delia  lot"

"Yes, well that''s how we''ve managed to hoodwink the mugs for so long... Of course, Paul, I''ll give this some thought but I must say I can''t see Delia agreeing to sell a player based on the need to strengthen our already fantastic squad - It''s ludicrous, I know, the woman should move back to Ipswich, but such is the nature of the beast.  Thank you, Paul, I expect I''ll be seeing you again soon? Same time next week?"

"The usual."

"Any ideas what this one''s going to be about?"

"Not sure, but it could be something to do with the ''season ticket scam'' . They''ve worked out that it''s just blackmail based on the ''If you don''t buy now you won''t get in when we sign Rooney''spin which has worked so well in the past".

"Oh well....One bucket of bullsh*t at a time eh?.  Good day, Paul."

[/quote]

That''s better...........Makes more sense now........[;)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

shame it hasnt worked out for thorne. A good player for Cardiff and Stoke, perhaps more suited to their "Bruiser" approach than to the way we play football... if he is sold then good luck to him.. but we could do with keeping him until we get 1 or 2 more bodies in

[/quote]

At this rate we will have to keep him until at least 2009 then!!! 

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Mark Barham Appreciation Society"]

[/quote]

Neil Emblen, and you''re right that his situation is similar, along with MLJ.  In fact, how many of our players in recent years have been hampered by major injuries? Thorne, MLJ, Emblen, Notman, to name but a few from recent years.  Some teams get all the luck... most of ours is bad.
[/quote]

still a shame about Notman. i think he could of gone on to do very well for us.

[quote user="Cluck"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I love it.

"Hello Mr Doomcaster."

"Yes, I have a petition for you and I''d like you to consider it, as this reflects the fans'' thoughts."

(Doomcaster sighs). "Okay Paul, what is it this time? Have they sussed out what the Board is really up to?

"Who?"

"The fella Delia agreed to buy on the cheap from Cardiff along with the rest of the donkeys"

"Well now, Paul, you do realise that he''s a valuable member of the squad and we''re expecting lots of clubs to be beating the door down for him during the transfer window.

"Yeah I know."

"And you do realise that we aren''t going to make any new signings because Delia needs new curtains in the restaurant."

"Well, I don''t think we''re really in a position to listen to anyone, but let''s have a look at this petition, then. (Paul passes petition to Neil, who reads over it).  Hmmm.  How did you come by this one, same as the others?"

"Yep."

"No standing outside Carrow Road on match-days canvassing the opinion of the closet Man Utd supporting family groups? No manipulation of their opinions, or any one sided debate? No ice creams or pantyhose?"

"Yes, well, 25000 signatures out of 24000 fans is indeed a majority normally, but if we peruse this list of names, it seems that the whole squad have signed it and they want to leave as well."

"Indeed.  And one of them has mis-spelled ''Doomcaster'' and called me Richard Head"

"We have a lot of realists on this board who have signed up.... but the petition was mostly ignored by the people who live their life with their head stuck up their bottoms.....you know....the Our Saviour Delia  lot"

"Yes, well that''s how we''ve managed to hoodwink the mugs for so long... Of course, Paul, I''ll give this some thought but I must say I can''t see Delia agreeing to sell a player based on the need to strengthen our already fantastic squad - It''s ludicrous, I know, the woman should move back to Ipswich, but such is the nature of the beast.  Thank you, Paul, I expect I''ll be seeing you again soon? Same time next week?"

"The usual."

"Not sure, but it could be something to do with the ''season ticket scam'' . They''ve worked out that it''s just blackmail based on the ''If you don''t buy now you won''t get in when we sign Rooney''spin which has worked so well in the past".

[/quote]

That''s better...........Makes more sense now........[;)]

[/quote]

hehehe classic Cluck...

Could of come fresh off the CR Spin Machine itself me thinks!!!

It would be soooo sad to see a player along side Dean Coney in the Legend status of beloved club, but yes please I really do think that its time for Peter to go. He has been a Thorne in our side(team) for to long now, milking good wages and doing nothing. Bet clubs will que up for him. Hope that Nigel Worthington is scouting for someone by now as he might just pick Peter Thorne up on his radar.

While we are at it could we start a petition for M.L.Jean to go as well...... 

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]You''re right Cluck, that is funny... on so many levels... [;)]
[/quote]

Couldn''t resist it EM....[:)]

Whilst I don''t agree with hounding any player out of the club I cannot agree with the sentiment that we have a small squad and so should retain Thorne.  I was pleased when we signed him but he has been woeful.

If and when he has been needed he has been either a) Injured or b) so poor he wished he had of been injured.  If we are going to put someone up front to play poorly we might as well give the youngsters a chance, they are a hell of a lot cheaper in wages for start. 

[quote user="Cluck"]

I love it.

"Hello Mr Doomcaster."

"Who?"

"Yeah I know."

"Yep."

"The usual."

[/quote]

lol they are both quality!!

I must admit when I originally was going to write this thread the title was going to be Petition for Peter Thorne to **** off.  But I thought better of it...  wouldn''t want to slap a man when he is ''injured'' n all.

I am sure he is a decent bloke but the sooner he leaves us the better. He might have more luck elsewhere, and our youngsters will get more opportunities. Sounds good all round to me.