Sign in to follow this  
Cluck

Are We Finally Agreed?

Today this forum has been barraged by disgruntled fans...some of whom still retained a degree of lingering loyalty until they finally reached snapping point. Well...I reached this point some time ago because the writing has been well and truly on the wall. Despite the endless slagging on here for being "negative".....I''ve repeated the mantra that we have become a very poor club on the slide....thanks mainly to an inept series of "yes man" managers....poor bargain basement signings ...and a hapless Board of Directors who couldn''t have done things much worse if they''d tried......and yet, still in excess of 23000 paid at the gate. I think wakey wakey time has well and truly arrived.

Delia Smith and her cronies must now apologise to the supporters....and move aside the moment a serious investor can be found. Having let things slip so badly.....they must accept a loss in returns....and go. This club has not only lost it''s grass roots and sense of "place"....it has finally lost the plot completely. Delialalaland is what NCFC is in 2007....so very different to the club I first followed in 1962. Yes we were unsuccessful then as now....but at least we had a soul......and we could trust the Board and players on the pitch to give us their all. In the past 10 years...this bunch of amateurs have dismantled all of the good work laid down since 1972....and turned us into a laughing stock....both on the field and off it.........

I say..."Come on Delia...let be ''avin you OUT"....and take that useless tool Grant with you!

What next?  I predict Earnshaw to go very soon....and the CR ''spin'' machine to be working overtime on those who are still gullible enough to believe in fairies...........

Part of the problem is that there are a lot of fans at Norwich who go to watch a nice game of football - they don''t sing and aren''t bothered enough to act when times are bad. Of course if they pay their money they''re entitled to do this but it means that it takes a very long time for gates to drop sufficiently for the board to take notice. A few less went today but only a few less!

I don''t agree. The result was poor today, but it''s a thin line between victory and defeat sometimes. Etuhu had a couple cleared off the line and there were a couple of Hucks breaks that couldn''t be crossed as without Earnshaw''s pace nobody could keep up and get in the middle to apply a finish. We weren''t great today but until they scored we were in the ascendency and worth our lead. Once they scored the confidence disappeared entirely, and the communication between goalkeeper and centre-halves undermined everything about the team. Individually the rest of the team were fine.

And I''m sure I''ll get the usual suspects giving me stick for saying it, but what he hell, go for it. My opinion is that we did ok today and with a better keeper and the steadiness of Dublin at the back rather than Doherty, we would probably even have won. If Grant can get a commanding keeper in (as he seems to be trying to do) then the confidence will grow. No manager could change this squad around overnight, but if Grant keeps taking small steps in the right direction then I''ll give him time.

Go on, fill your boots, you have a free shot with the result today.

Well cluck, i agree with what you''ve said. This Plymouth game has opened my eyes. And i apologise for any previous witty comments i may have given you about your views....

:P

Cluck I could not agree with you more but I fear come Monday morning the same old faces will be banging out the same old mantra.  One can already hear the dulcet tones of  “Good old Delia’ and ‘Look what she’s done for us” and ‘She ploughed millions in’ blind to the facts that underpin this sorry  dwindling regime

Irrespective of Worthington and irrespective of Grant the underlying problem our club faces is that when we turned up for the very first fixture against Crystal Palace in the Premiership our fate had already been sealed and have paid the price ever since.  The majority share holders could not and would not back their manger with sufficient funds to keep the club in the Premiership and treated it as little more than a very convenient way of massively increasing the value of the club at the expense of the one thing we all pay to watch. 

This to my mind did nothing other than commence a chain reaction that continues in the form of downward spiral to this day and it will not get better until they sell their stake to somebody who has the desire and ambition to see the club back where is ------ well belongs.

They must now do the honourable thing and find a buyer and before all the same old faces bang out “Who will want to buy it, we are millions in debt” I suggest you buy the Ladybird book of accountancy and settle down with the last set of figures because rest assured our club represents a damn site better bet than some of the clubs that currently have suitors looking to take them over.

You have said it all for me Cluck. I agree completely with your post and Alex, those empty seats that were evident today will be joined by a great many others next season, mine and my two grandsons included. 

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]Part of the problem is that there are a lot of fans at Norwich who go to watch a nice game of football - they don''t sing and aren''t bothered enough to act when times are bad. Of course if they pay their money they''re entitled to do this but it means that it takes a very long time for gates to drop sufficiently for the board to take notice. A few less went today but only a few less![/quote]

Its good that it''ll take a long time for gates to drop ...because it''ll take a darn sight longer for them to rise again...and in the process we may lose a generation from our supporters ''family tree''...support passes down family lines wherever you end up living during your lifetime and many of us with our families travel back from around the country to support and ''enjoy'' our team.

Who will still be going to games when it gets that bad on the pitch and the gates barely get above 10,000 for a home game? ...not those who just want to see a "nice game of football...[and] don''t sing". ...it''ll be the ''faithfull'' not the fickle ''johnny come latelys''.

I and my family enjoy a full house at CR and I''m sure we all do, but accept it or not, we need the less committed more than they need us in the long run. Market forces will call the shots, that''s life...no point being bitter about it unless you''ve a heavy financial investment in it, dont you think?

The whole club is on a downward spiral which started... ooh, around about the moment the players took to the field against Fulham on that horrific final day of the season. We''re on the crest of a slump and a major clear-out of directors, coaching staff and players is needed. A total tear-down, start again from scratch. I really can''t see any light at the end of the tunnel at the moment and fear things will get worse before they get better.

[quote user="Cluck"]

Today this forum has been barraged by disgruntled fans...some of whom still retained a degree of lingering loyalty until they finally reached snapping point. Well...I reached this point some time ago because the writing has been well and truly on the wall. Despite the endless slagging on here for being "negative".....I''ve repeated the mantra that we have become a very poor club on the slide....thanks mainly to an inept series of "yes man" managers....poor bargain basement signings ...and a hapless Board of Directors who couldn''t have done things much worse if they''d tried......and yet, still in excess of 23000 paid at the gate. I think wakey wakey time has well and truly arrived.

Delia Smith and her cronies must now apologise to the supporters....and move aside the moment a serious investor can be found. Having let things slip so badly.....they must accept a loss in returns....and go. This club has not only lost it''s grass roots and sense of "place"....it has finally lost the plot completely. Delialalaland is what NCFC is in 2007....so very different to the club I first followed in 1962. Yes we were unsuccessful then as now....but at least we had a soul......and we could trust the Board and players on the pitch to give us their all. In the past 10 years...this bunch of amateurs have dismantled all of the good work laid down since 1972....and turned us into a laughing stock....both on the field and off it.........

I say..."Come on Delia...let be ''avin you OUT"....and take that useless tool Grant with you!

What next?  I predict Earnshaw to go very soon....and the CR ''spin'' machine to be working overtime on those who are still gullible enough to believe in fairies...........

[/quote]

I always try to be a glass half full kind of person but after the latest in a long line of woeful performances I have had enough. Unless serious money is made available for urgent team strengthening then there is only one way we are heading. We all have to get our heads out of the sand - no-one thought we would get relegated in 1985 and 1995 when the slide started but momentum can be irrestible (see Villa where even O''Neill is struggling to arrest a slide). I don''t think sacking Grant is the answer unless we could get Dowie - all we are likely to get is another inexperienced manager. The cost of sacking him will eat even further into our limited funds.

It is time to say thanks to Delia for what she achieved in the first 7/8 years of her time here but ever since the prem season things have gone downhill big time. This board has gone stale and new blood is needed. Anyone out there got a few million stuffed down the back of the sofa!?

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

I always try to be a glass half full kind of person but after the latest in a long line of woeful performances I have had enough. Unless serious money is made available for urgent team strengthening then there is only one way we are heading. We all have to get our heads out of the sand - no-one thought we would get relegated in 1985 and 1995 when the slide started but momentum can be irrestible (see Villa where even O''Neill is struggling to arrest a slide). I don''t think sacking Grant is the answer unless we could get Dowie - all we are likely to get is another inexperienced manager. The cost of sacking him will eat even further into our limited funds.

It is time to say thanks to Delia for what she achieved in the first 7/8 years of her time here but ever since the prem season things have gone downhill big time. This board has gone stale and new blood is needed. Anyone out there got a few million stuffed down the back of the sofa!?

[/quote]

Hey Stevie my friend, did you see the GAP???

I agree with your comments above my friend, especially that Delia did achieve something here in her first 7/8 years and that things have been on a downward spiral ever since.

As for Cluck and Wiz you know that I have agreed with 99.9% of your views 100%.  I have been barracked by many on here for stating that I have refused to attend since Cardiff at home last year until drastic changes were made at the club...  but who is looking the wise man now hey???

The time for thanking Delia for her achievements will come long after she steps aside.... the longer that Delia leaves things the more likely it is that she will be remembered as somebody who drove this club in to the ground and not somebody who done quite a good job for us for 7/8 years...

Like I have stated earlier this month... it doesn''t matter what is done now...  Delia Smith and her board of directors are living on borrowed time!!!

[quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

Sorry Cluck, i''m not with you. Agreed on what? Terrible result? Yes. Terrible season? Yep, looking that way. Terrible players? Some of them aren''t performing certainly.Sack grant, sack the board? Well if you insist but getting rid of Worthington was supposed to be the answer to all our ills and a fat lot of good that did us. I don''t see how an entirely new board would help either. What makes you think another bunch of suited local businessmen/women would be any different to the current lot? And where is this mysterious ''investor'' you seem to think is lurking somewhere, just waiting to be found. ''Investment'' and ''football'' are two words that don''t sit well together. The idea of an investment is that if gives you a return. Which is why, unfortunately for you and all of us, we won''t find people queueing up to throw their money away on such ''investment'' in a football club, certainly one  outisde the top flight and many in it. The only people that are willing to do so are those with too much to know what to do with (Abramovich) and those who are crazy enough about a club to see it fritter away their hard earned (the two Jacks, Hayward and Walker and our own Mrs Smith are examples). We wait with interest to see what will become of Mr Lerner and Mr

Magnussun''s clubs but i don''t fancy either of their chances right

now and that''s in the premiership.There is one person i can think of who has managed to invest in a club, make money out of it and find an exit. One Milan Mandaric. Now what he did at Portsmouth i am really impressed with. But until you can find a man like him, i''m afraid we''re going to have to make do with what we have and try and all pull in the same direction to improve our lot. That''s the only way any club makes progress. That''s how we got in the premiership last time and it''s the only way we''ll improve now.

Been there before, gates frop down to the hardcore 14/15K who would go week in week out regardless of results and division. The true fans who''ll sing, get behind the team and fight for the cause.

Too many jonny come latelys who as you say want to come and see a nice game of football, oh and for the record we''ll support Norwich. At the Sheff Wed game I sat in the Jarrold Stand for the first time with some work colleagues and gave up my ST to another mate. With 15 mins to go I couldnt believe the number of people who got up to leave, moaning.Do we need this type of supporter at the club, they can all * off as far as I''m concerned. We still have a large number of leftover glory hunters from the Champioship winning & Premiership seasons.

The sooner they bugger off the better.

Much as i agree things are not good, the finger really needs to be pointed at the players and the coaching staff. The group of players we have are just not performing to a standard that they should do! Sacking the manager and hoping someone with pots of money will come along to bale us out isn''t going to happen and even if it did, its not in any way shape or form a guarantee of success!

Sacking Grant should not even be talked about at this stage, give the man a fair crack at the whip!

Lets not forget he has "inherited" this squad of predominantely toothless tigers!

He should be judged after he has had the time to GET RID OF SOME OF THE OLD and BRING IN SOME OF THE NEW.

That would be a good time to better assess him.

[quote user="Canary02"]

My opinion is that we did ok today

[/quote]

Unbelieveable!

Just what part of Norwich 1 Plymouth 3 are you having trouble with?[:@]

Cluck

Not wanting to give posts like this too much credance, but just for the record, NO I don''t agree with you. I have never read anything from you that is remotely constructive. Therefore my natural inclination is to always disagree with your rants.

[quote user="Canary02"]

I don''t agree. The result was poor today, but it''s a thin line between victory and defeat sometimes. Etuhu had a couple cleared off the line and there were a couple of Hucks breaks that couldn''t be crossed as without Earnshaw''s pace nobody could keep up and get in the middle to apply a finish. We weren''t great today but until they scored we were in the ascendency and worth our lead. Once they scored the confidence disappeared entirely, and the communication between goalkeeper and centre-halves undermined everything about the team. Individually the rest of the team were fine.

And I''m sure I''ll get the usual suspects giving me stick for saying it, but what he hell, go for it. My opinion is that we did ok today and with a better keeper and the steadiness of Dublin at the back rather than Doherty, we would probably even have won. If Grant can get a commanding keeper in (as he seems to be trying to do) then the confidence will grow. No manager could change this squad around overnight, but if Grant keeps taking small steps in the right direction then I''ll give him time.

[/quote]

Canary02.....It may surprise you to know that I have more respect for you than you may think...and that goes for just about every other City fan who visits this forum. While we may strongly disagree on many things....we are all inter-connected with our wish to see this club back on it''s feet and competing at the highest level. As in everyday life though....some will sit by contentedly and watch....others will be pre-active. Although they were very necessary, the "Worthington Out" protests disguised many of the real issues at this club...only this time Delia and her Disciples have no-where to hide....and no-one else to blame.

Look around at the disappointed faces after yet another shameful display on the pitch and it can''t fail to hurt. My wish is to see ALL of us enjoying our football again....win or lose....and that just isn''t going to happen if we continue to turn away from the reality of what we have become.

It''s not pleasant verbally attacking individual players or members of the NCFC Board....but left alone nothing will change. As with my own business....if I could sell shoddy goods week in week out and get away with it I would. If my customers were uncomplaining and loyal to my brand.....I wouldn''t have to work on my product to make it any better. That is the very position this club has been in for years.....and even given the most loyal of customers....they are hell bent on getting maximum return for minimum effort. Apart from anything else....this is deception and patronisation....and I don''t buy it.

[quote user="Cluck"]

Today this forum has been barraged by

disgruntled fans...some of whom still retained a degree of lingering

loyalty until they finally reached snapping point. Well...I reached

this point some time ago because the writing has been well and

truly on the wall. Despite the endless slagging on here for being

"negative".....I''ve repeated the mantra that we have become a

very poor club on the slide....thanks mainly to an inept series of

"yes man" managers....poor bargain basement signings ...and a hapless

Board of Directors who couldn''t have done things much worse if they''d

tried......and yet, still in excess of 23000 paid at the gate. I think

wakey wakey time has well and truly arrived.

Delia Smith and her cronies must now apologise to the

supporters....and move aside the moment a serious investor can be

found. Having let things slip so badly.....they must accept a loss in

returns....and go. This club has not only lost it''s grass roots

and sense of "place"....it has finally lost the plot completely.

Delialalaland is what NCFC is in 2007....so very different to the club

I first followed in 1962. Yes we were unsuccessful then as

now....but at least we had a soul......and we could trust the Board and

players on the pitch to give us their all. In the past 10 years...this

bunch of amateurs have dismantled all of the good work laid down since

1972....and turned us into a laughing stock....both on the field

and off it.........

What next?  I predict Earnshaw to go very soon....and the CR

''spin'' machine to be working overtime on those who are still gullible

enough to believe in fairies...........

[/quote]

Cluck, there are only 2 certain things in life, one is death & the other is that I shall never agree with you

POTATO HEAD....... 

Cluck

Not wanting to give posts like this too much credance, but just for the record, NO I don''t agree with you. I have never read anything from you that is remotely constructive. Therefore my natural inclination is to always disagree with your rants.

Thank you kindly....Living nicely up to your name then potato head?

No doubt you''ll sit by with the other contented passives and watch everybody else trying to improve the club that you will no doubt be happy to enjoy at a later date.

Classic.....[N]

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Canary02"]

[/quote]

Canary02.....It may surprise you to know that I have more respect for you than you may think...and that goes for just about every other City fan who visits this forum. While we may strongly disagree on many things....we are all inter-connected with our wish to see this club back on it''s feet and competing at the highest level. As in everyday life though....some will sit by contentedly and watch....others will be pre-active. Although they were very necessary, the "Worthington Out" protests disguised many of the real issues at this club...only this time Delia and her Disciples have no-where to hide....and no-one else to blame.

Look around at the disappointed faces after yet another shameful display on the pitch and it can''t fail to hurt. My wish is to see ALL of us enjoying our football again....win or lose....and that just isn''t going to happen if we continue to turn away from the reality of what we have become.

It''s not pleasant verbally attacking individual players or members of the NCFC Board....but left alone nothing will change. As with my own business....if I could sell shoddy goods week in week out and get away with it I would. If my customers were uncomplaining and loyal to my brand.....I wouldn''t have to work on my product to make it any better. That is the very position this club has been in for years.....and even given the most loyal of customers....they are hell bent on getting maximum return for minimum effort. Apart from anything else....this is deception and patronisation....and I don''t buy it.

I rekon you''re a sperm doner. Its all there, ''selling shoddy goods'' should that be ''shedding shoddy goods''. ''Loyal to the brand'' Well that''s the wife surely. ''Maximum return for minimum effort'' Well lets face it, some guys dont have a choice.

Any one else got any guesses as to what Clucky Wucky does?

[/quote]

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

Cluck, there are only 2 certain things in life, one is death & the other is that I shall never agree with you

[/quote]

Nice and constructive Shrimp........We can of course always rely on you for that...............[:)]

[quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Canary02"]

[/quote]

I rekon you''re a sperm doner. Its all there, ''selling shoddy goods'' should that be ''shedding shoddy goods''. ''Loyal to the brand'' Well that''s the wife surely. ''Maximum return for minimum effort'' Well lets face it, some guys dont have a choice.

[/quote][/quote]

Here we have the intelligence of a mole rat......Can''t think of anything else than the person stuff...which incidently you can''t spell............

Hilarious.........[:|]

[quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

Yep you are a sweet lovely old boy Cluck , i think you and Wiz , and

Smudger, are some where about right , you have opened a lot eyes on

this board i am afraid .

well i am with you cluck. this club is slipping away without a fight.unless we make changes from top to bottom we will be relegated.The board must exept responsibility and admit mistakes.SACK GRANT AND THE BOARD

[quote user="ray ducker"][quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

Yep you are a sweet lovely old boy Cluck , i think you and Wiz , and Smudger, are some where about right , you have opened a lot eyes on this board i am afraid .

[/quote]

Well thanks for the compliment Ray...  IT has taken a long time coming...  [Y]

But you know what they say...  seeing is believeing....

If it truly is the case that the tide has turned and many fans are unhappy then lets see them outside of the main stand after the Wolves and Leeds games letting the board know about it!!!

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Yellow Rages"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Canary02"]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

Here we have the intelligence of a mole rat......Can''t think of anything else than the person stuff...which incidently you can''t spell............

Hilarious.........[:|]

[/quote]

Somebody slept in the knife drawer last night

With you all the way as well Cluck - the board must not be allowed to get away with this deceit of the supporters.

Get rid of the lot of them....total disgrace !!!!