Sign in to follow this  
jon francis

WHY IS WATFORD THE BIG GAME EVERYONE WANTS TICKETS FOR????

Just wondering we have big away games coming up at Burnley and Reading beforehand not sold out but everyone wants to go to watford? Is it because people feel this is the day we win promotion or just because it is local?

Yes I think people have worked out that Watford could be the one where we clinch promotion but also it was the ground where we clinched the championship in 1972 for our first ever promotion to the then first division. I think there is a sense od destiny about the fixture. If you are not as lod as me and dont remember it ask your older friends and relatives. They will tell you what a wonderful day out it was and how we took the Rookery.

Hi

Well, I want to go to this game as it is near to me (South London) and as I play saturday football anyway, I have this weekend off! Promotion or no-Promotion!

Good point made by this thread.

According to the website we have only sold half the tickets for the Burnley game which, after the huge number of fans at Palace is disappointing.

I realise that there is a long journey involved and some can''t make it every weekend but we are on the cusp of something great here and imagined it would be tough getting tickets for any game.

After the problems some have had getting tickets for Watford am I the only one who is concerned when the London games sell out first and the northern games struggle to do likewise.

I am not saying those posting here won''t be travelling to Burnley as well but for me there is no difference between Palace, Watford or Burnley as the boys deserve our support wherever they are and if you can travel you should and not be selective.

I live in Tooting south London.

It takes 1.5 hours door to door and C£10 to get to Vicarage road and 6hours and C£30 to get to Turf Moor.

It didnt take long to decide.

Good question Jon. I am so unbelievably desperate to go to Watford because I''m convinced that this is going to be THE game where we go up. I may never get an oppertunity like this in my life again and I just wish I could be there.

DD.
We got our tickets on Saturday morning,but if any of our party drop out or if I hear of any spare ones I promise to let you know.lol