Sign in to follow this  
General Melchett

Loads of money!

Don''t know about you lot but the recent statement from Peter Grant saying that he has plenty of money to spend to rebuild the team is a bit worrying! Exactly where has this money suddenly appeared from? I can only fear the worse and be resigned to the fact that Earnshaw has already been sold for £4 m to a struggling premiership side.There was a time when I remember debates on this message board with some folks saying "I''d rather be winning games in the Championship than loosing games in  the Premiership". Oh dear, look where we''re at now, but then I''d rather be loosing games in the championship than winning games in League 1 :-(

We didn''t exactly set the transfer market alight in the summer joner - only Croft joined, and Cotterill was snatched from under our noses.He would have been our 3rd most expensive signing apparently.  We sold Green and McKenzie, so there''s bound to be a few pennies knocking around.  I wouldn''t expect another Ashton or Earshaw though, more likely an older, "proven", dependable defender or midfielder or two.