Sign in to follow this  
Rover

Yes I am a casual supporter - who cares!!

I got my ticket at lunchtime on Monday (2 and a half days after they went on sale) but does this mean that I shouldn''t have waited like many others whilst so-called prioritised people made their mind up- NO! face it.... Elvis has left the building!.

Good on you, I recently took my wife my 6 year old & my Norwich mad 10 year old who is as mad as me to Crystal Palace. I don''t go to all away matches but I am planting seeds so that my wife & 6 year old (i also have another 6 year old) will in the near future have season tickets if they upgrade the capacity at Carrow Road. I am off to Burnley on Saturday but as I don''t go to all matches away it does''nt make me a part time supporter. I have to say that my whole family are Norwich mad & always will be.

I haven''t got a clue what you are on about with Elvis and to be honest don''t give a monkeys, but bragging about being a so called casual supporter and insinuating there should be no priority in ticket allocaton is rubbish. I struggle to get to many games since i do not live near Norwich, however if there is a system rewarding the more loyal fans (something that is calculated on ticket revenue I pressume) then I think that is fair enough no matter how frustrating it is to me. Of course ther should be reward for fans who watch more games, a majority of these are the fans who will be there when times are not so good, unlike the so-called part timers. I think it is only logic that the club respects the more loyal and dedicated fans, and therefore ticket prioritisation is necessary.

At a risk of sounding unsympathetic Marty, everyone on here has web site access.

Like me, you could have been watching the NCFC web site for Watford ticket details and a while ago they published that they would go on sale on 9.00 am on Saturday morning. There was no restriction on sales to personal callers only, so vicinity to Carrow Road is not an issue.

All you needed was access to a telephone !!!

You too could have rung up anytime until mid morning yesterday and secured a ticket.

If I really wanted to got to a certain match I would get a ticket no matter what. I have been to 6 away matches this season & will probably end up going to 9 does that give me a right to a ticket over someone who has been to 1 or 2 cause I don''t think so. The club must ask where does it stop because in the end you could say in my life time I have attended 1000 matches does that give me the right over someone who has attended 500. On any given away day people have other family commitments & can''t always go to away matches. The Club cannot help it if demand outstrips the allocation levels provided & this is not part time support or glory hunters the fact is Norwich is developing a young, hungry & tremendous support with over 40000 supporters on there database & long may it continue.

The other alternative is to find a friendly Watford season ticket holder who is prepared to buy an couple of extra tickets and I know two ;-)

Yes, I''m a casual supporter in terms of matches attended, but I don''t agree with the need for a priority system. I don''t think the club would either as at the end of the day they want as many different people going to the games as possible and wouldn''t want to alienate the casual supporter in any way.

Have to agree with gazzaTCC,it was well advertised that the tickets would be for sale on Sat at 9am and all you had to do if you were desperate to go was pick up the phone or get to the match a bit earlier and join the queue,which is what we did.Why didnt you?

A lot of people who have supported our team over many years, for what ever reason have been unable to attend Home games this year due to our reduced capacity.
This means that these people can only see our team on their travels. These people pay the same price for tickets as anybody else and the club clearly stated that tickets would be sold on a first come first served basis. I would feel gutted if I had been to every game (or the vast majority) and was unable to go to Watford.

I was out all Saturday morning due to Junior football commitments. On my return - between getting ready for the Stoke game - I phoned the ticket office to be told that over 100 people were on the lines and so rang back 1/2 hour later I got through and obtained my tickets. It was open for everybody!

If you are going please don''t gloat - but equally if you were unable to get a ticket "you" had your chance but didn''t take it so don''t start having a go at others.

We all support the same team let''s be greatful there''s so many of us.

I caught the Norwich bug in 1972 when i was knee high 2 a grasshopper, so i have more yellow and green blood flowing through me than a fare number of you, i live in Oxford and have 2 Norwich mad sons, we have all been members since relegation, our 1st season in div 1.
Living in Oxford we have found it a very expensive day out to get to home games, so we only go up about 3-4 times a season, but we always go to games in London and the Midlands.
How many of u watched us when we were at a really low point, that was only about 3 - 4 seasons ago, i never had to wait on the end of the telephone, praying i would be lucky enough to get some tickets, in those days you had no trouble getting tickets, so it does rather make my blood boil when you people who have only been going to games over the few seasons, since we`ve been doing well, come on here and call me a casual supporter,YOUR THE BLOODY CASUAL SUPPORTERS who have jumped on the bandwagon since we`ve turned from a poor div 1 team into a team that looks like its going back where it belongs

Loughborough canary (which is where I am also), I guess I would also class myself as a casual supporter too since I too cannot get to see many games. But you say the club wouldn''t support a priority sytem, well they already implements such a system in some form or another, for instance, getting tickets for the play off final 2 years ago. I think this is only fair (even though I can often lose out), I had to go to Norwich for the weekend and get up at some ridiculous hour, and I have no complaint about this. But without this system there would many gutted fans that watch Norwich week in week out. I am sure the NCFC are pleased to have so many fans, and that includes new fans, but they must respect the long serving fans also. Got my tickets for Burnley, hope the support is good up there, we''ll need it.