Sign in to follow this  
sheded

I`m really looking forward to ..........

........ the Tamworth game ,   I`ll be peering over the back of the settee ! 

Can we REALLY  fancy our chances   after today ?    those Brummies  must be laughing their arses off    , maybe the best thing that Grant can do  is field  all the young players ?   that way he can at least have an excuse if it goes tits up ......  [:O]

[quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

I don''t think the stewards will let me take my settee onto the terraces so I''ll have nowhere to hide ...........

Realistically it won''t be a cricket score but a team of full-time professionals playing against part-time players should come out on top over 90 mins.

The Lamb ground looks a tight '' in your face '' type of venue so perhaps on the day City won''t '' fancy it '' but I''ll think we''ll have enough about us -- with or without Earnshaw -- to get through to the next round.

Interestingly perhaps the home fans don''t fancy their chances too much, for, as of yesterday, they still had 900 unsold tickets .......

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]If Grant is able to sign anybody this week I expect they will got straight into the team on Saturday.[/quote]

That he would Sherlock , but there`s a slight problem  that I can see  , Grant is already having doubts about getting the early signings  he`s hoping for !   he may have the money , he may have set his sights on the players he wants ..... but , the agents and managers  might not be very helpful  , not to mention the difficulty of  enticing   players to a  struggling champ club !

I reckon Grant might have to rely on his mate Strachan  to bale him out  [:D]

Yep...I expect a few "Jimmys" heading south too.....and sadly a clutch of Scottish "reserve players" aren''t exactly going to set the place alight....unless they''ve got previous for arson of that is.........

Grant himself was a first team regular for Celtic....and look how dire he was on the ball. Can anyone think of a skillful Jock we''ve had at CR?

[quote user="Tamuff87"]Should be a good game, don''t forget to pack your singing voices, you will need them...
[/quote]

That sounded a leeetle bit like a threat Tamuff  [:P]      I was tempted to go , since I have relatives in the Nott`s area  , but I think I`ll chicken out   , and watch it on TV  !   

I think  those spare tickets will be sold this week   ........us  losing to lowly  Palace   will give the  lambs  reasons to be cheerful  !

[quote user="Cluck"]

Yep...I expect a few "Jimmys" heading south too.....and sadly a clutch of Scottish "reserve players" aren''t exactly going to set the place alight....unless they''ve got previous for arson of that is.........

Grant himself was a first team regular for Celtic....and look how dire he was on the ball. Can anyone think of a skillful Jock we''ve had at CR?

[/quote]

so was Malky Mackay... he was (admit it!) dire on the ball too!

bet no one will say a bad word about him though eh?

jas :)

[quote user="Cluck"]

Can anyone think of a skillful Jock we''ve had at CR?

[/quote]

Ok.. quickly off the top of my head whatabout, Tommy Bryceland, Huch Curran, Kenny Foggo and Bryan Gunn.. oh and Asa Hartford.. bet there''s more too!

Happy New Year

It''ll be interesting to see if Earnie is ''rested'' for the Tamworth game - hopefully not another Ashton situation where the board feel his value will be higher is he were not cup tied.

[quote user="sheded"]

Can we REALLY  fancy our chances   after today ?    those Brummies  must be laughing their arses off    , maybe the best thing that Grant can do  is field  all the young players ?   that way he can at least have an excuse if it goes tits up ......  [:O]

[/quote]

Careful sheded, according to some fools on here, if you are NOT going to Tamworth............you''re not a real fan!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

Careful sheded, according to some fools on here, if you are NOT going to Tamworth............you''re not a real fan!.

[/quote]

Who said that then Wizard?  Or are you just making it up as usual....

[/quote]

[/quote]

its shocking that some think like that isnt it Wiz?

theres thousands of people out there whod jump at the chance of going to Carrow Road every season... some have health issues, some have finance issues... many other reasons.... the sad thing is.. some, (and i think we are talking about the same person) fail to grasp this...

Id like the person concerned not to be able to afford to go to matches anymore, then we could label them disloyal, part timer etc... i bet their attitude would change.

jas :)

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who said that then Wizard?  Or are you just making it up as usual....

[/quote]

Presumably you will be making the trip to Tamworth like myself then?
Whats that you say? No?

See, you are typical of 90% of the most bile-filled moaners on here - wheras those of us who actually attend games tend to be a bit more philosophical and certainly more realistic.
Enjoy your Saturday afternoon moaning in front of the telly with your pipe and slippers. Leave the support to the supporters eh?

Dicky: Above is a quote from Herb,  I never make things up that I can''t back up!..

[/quote]

[/quote]

Doesn`t worry me  Wiz ,    I`m just human ,  I  work out  the prospect  of getting up at about 0700hrs  ,  having  a 4 hour  drive  to Tamworth  ,  the prospect of parking in a muddy field  when I get there ( its a small place ! )    the humiliation  of being   shown up by a band  of plumbers and builders et al ,   then the long   4 hour journey  back  ..........  a kick off time  of midday  ..... the TV won !  [:D]

[quote user="Cluck"]

[/quote]

Flecky... shame we haven''t got him in his prime to reel out on Saturday...  need somebody with his kind of fight as well as somebody to know where the back of the net is...

Sadly there isn''t any Jock''s on the market that are going to come anywhere close to competing with one half of the deadly McCoist/Fleck partnership!