Sign in to follow this  
ca

Palcae v Norwich Match Thread

CITY boss Peter Grant rang the changes for the visit to Selhurst Park, with the manager also reverting to a 4-5-1 formation.

Dion Dublin and Lee Croft are rested and given places on the bench, with Andy Hughes and Carl Robinson restored to the midfield,

leaving Robert Earnshaw to plough a lone furrow in attack.

For the home side, influential defender Leon Cort returned to the side following a two-month absence through injury with former

Ipswich man Shefki Kuqi and Dougie Freedman forming the attack

Crystal Palace: Flinders, Lawrence, Ward, Hudson, Cort, Freedman, Hughes, Reich, Fletcher (c), Green, Kuqi.

Subs: McAnuff, Scowcroft, Morrison, Kennedy, Wilkinson.

Norwich City: Gallacher, Drury (c), Shackell, Huckerby, Earnshaw, Safri, Hughes, Etuhu, Colin, Doherty, Robinson.

Subs: Croft, Thorne, Dublin, McVeigh, Lewis.

Earnshaw''s fired wide from 6 yards

Doherty headed over from 6 yards.

Huckerby''s hit the bar (12 yards)

Huckerby''s also forced flinders into a good save (12 yards)

Doherty''s headed a free header straight at the keeper from 6 yards

Is it going to be one of those days, we havent created this many chances in an away game all season!

OTBC

Lets be havin U

Robinson scuffs a shot straight at the keeper

Come on Norwich

Drury denied by flinders with a header

Come on!!!!!

this is the most depressing thing i have heard for ages. we finally seem to be playing the kind of football we always should be, and we''re 2-0 down.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

Hughes 6 yards out, misses a sitter

WHY,WHY,WHY

Croft would have scored

[/quote]

Would he indeed....so it was a different Croft who missed an open goal at QPR then.

People need to get a grip.  Croft must be knackered, coming back from injury and playing 3 times in a week - DD similarly, at 37.  The changes that have been made are sensible when you think about them without letting prejudice against Hughes/Robinson cloud your judgement. 

Crikey ,   2 down already ...   Palace  must think its Christmas again !     get that formation altered Grant ... it aint working   [:''(]

4 out of the bottom 5 are winning and Barnsley are drawing, thats worrying!!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

WHY,WHY,WHY

Croft would have scored

[/quote]

Would he indeed....so it was a different Croft who missed an open goal at QPR then.

People need to get a grip.  Croft must be knackered, coming back from injury and playing 3 times in a week - DD similarly, at 37.  The changes that have been made are sensible when you think about them without letting prejudice against Hughes/Robinson cloud your judgement. 

[/quote]

I''m just P****D off, excuse my uncalled for rants!

WHY,WHY,WHY

Croft would have scored

[/quote]

[/quote]

i fully agree, croft, dublin were left out becuase they aren''t fit and with the s**t back up players we have wot does anybody expect?

WHY,WHY,WHY

Croft would have scored

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree Branston, but we''re still in a pickle.[:|]

WHY,WHY,WHY

Croft would have scored

[/quote]

[/quote]get back in your jar should never change a winnig team ,what if earnshaw got injuryed 5 minutes into the game.we should be doing better then this.

earnshaw scores  penalty.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

I''m just P****D off, excuse my uncalled for rants!

[/quote]

No need to be excused, I''m sure we are all p****d off!!

Oooh...a penalty.  Come on Earnie do the business........YES!!!!  Come on!!